The Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel(Huntington Beach)
US$376
US$322
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
US$121
ComfortSuites
Best Western Surf City(Huntington Beach)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$141
BestWestern.com
Best Western Harbour Inn & Suites(Huntington Beach)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$178
BestWestern.com
US$464
US$423
  • Pool
SpringHill Suites Huntington Beach Orange County(Huntington Beach)(Great Value!)
US$180
SpringHill Suites
  • Breakfast included
Sun 'n' Sands Motel(Huntington Beach)
US$168
Hotels.com
Huntington Surf Inn(Huntington Beach)(Great Value!)
US$195
Pasea Hotel & Spa(Huntington Beach)
US$384
US$325
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
Ocean Surf Inn & Suites(Huntington Beach)
TripAdvisor
2,062 results
All reviewsshades restaurantnew towersurf heroacross the streetunder constructionpool areacorner suiteocean viewbeautiful hotelvalet parkingfire pithotel restaurantvalet staffgreat roompacific citysouthern californiamain st
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Best of a resort hotel with beach access across the street. Hotel provides beach chairs, towels, etc. Heated pool was a little on the warm side and a tad smaller than I was expecting. Shades restaurant has great food. Quiet room. Only wish the bathroom had ventilation.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2014

To be honest, the Hilton was my second choice. I had a great stay at the Hyatt a few years ago and wanted to stay there again but it was booked. We stayed here for three nights that were by far the best of our vacation. The beach and the pool were the best parts. Service was great from the start, the valet, front desk, housekeeping, and wait staff. I saw managers walking around, talking to guests, asking how their stay was, and asking if they could do anything extra for the guests. The view from the room was beautiful. The balcony was a relaxing place to sit, but be aware there is traffic noise from PCH at all hours. With the door closed, the room was quiet. The room was spacious, clean, and well decorated. There is one restaurant, (Shades-which I reviewed separately) and a small gift shop/snack bar(with Starbucks). The pool area is large and beautiful. The pool is clean and heated to a comfortable temperature. We stopped by the pool to pick up chairs and towels on the way to the beach but the atmosphere at the pool was so fun we ended up staying at the pool all day. There are food and drinks available, lots of chairs and umbrellas, and music playing. The only negative I would say is some inconsiderate guests claimed chairs all day while they were off at the beach, and some camped out at the one hot tub and one fire pit so no one else could enjoy them. (The Hyatt on the other hand has many hot tubs and fire pits). The beach is a short walk across the street. Special shout-out to Brandon at the pool bar and Tammy at the concierge desk for outstanding service.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I love Hilton properties and spent a week at the Hilton Anaheim before this resort. The resort is very nice and clean and had beautiful views and balconies. But being a smoker the property is a non smoking hotel. You can smoke on the outside in front or back of the hotel but you are not able to use the balcony for such options. I am a considerate smoker and don't like to push my nasty addiction on others, but I would like to be able to use the nice amenity of a balcony to do what I like and enjoy it as a stress reliever. The ice machine did not work on our floor and there was no food options onsite after 10:00 or 11:00. The store onsite was quaint but I think they should offer more resort type foods or goods. I had a cousin come in from another area of Southern California to visit and her daughter didn't bring a suit, I think being a beach hotel they should be able to find beachwear or those type of things at a resort. I think resorts should offer more than the regular full service hotel in my opinion. Other than all of THAT.....the Hilton was a nice hotel with an AWESOME staff. The pool was where my son spent all his time and that area was very nice and clean.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Climber971, Public Relations Manager at The Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Christina R.,

Thank you for you review, we appreciate your input. I have traced your reservation and notified engineering of a problem with the ice machine located on the floor you stayed. In reference to your desire to see swimwear in the Surf Hero Market, I have directed your suggestion to the store manager (who is also the buyer). I know in the past the issue with "swimwear" was twofold: We have no changing room in the market space to try anything on and 2). We cannot compete with the variety and selection of the main surf and swimwear stores on Main Street. We do, however, offer a complimentary shuttle to Main Street should the need or desire ever arise!

As for smoking, you're right. Our entire resort is "Smoke Free", including balconies. we offer two outdoor "Smoking Oasis" far removed from guestrooms and yet comfortably appointed with outdoor chairs and couches.This is really out of consideration to (and the safety of) other guests located around, above or below any given guestroom. Most of our guests enjoy keeping their sliding doors open, particularly in the evening... and smoke being smoke...goes anywhere it wants to go. Add to that the burn marks on railings, litter on decks and flooring, fire hazard, and the health consequences of second-hand smoke and you have the makings of a firm policy that every guests agrees to (and signs) upon arrival. We won't be changing that anytime soon, I'm afraid.

Al the best,

Scott O'Hanlon
Director of Marketing
The Waterfront Beach Resort, a Hilton Hotel

Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is the best escape from L.A., it's close by, great location, outstanding service. The views and grounds are beyond pleasant and the rooms are surprisingly quiet for being a beach front property. We can't wait to go back

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Our family of 6 stayed here in July for 3 nights. We had a very relaxing and enjoyable stay. The rooms are clean and spacious. The staff is so very friendly and so much so, one morning, my husband and I were walking on the grounds and a staff member introduced himself and asked how he could make our stay more enjoyable. This was such a nice touch and we had a really nice conversation with him about California (we are from Pennsylvania). The hotel has a nice personal feel about it and we would recommend this hotel to families, since there is so much to see and do. Also, on Saturday night there was a Hawaiian Show on the pool deck. We enjoyed our stay and if we find ourselves in Huntingdon Beach again, we would stay there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family