“Poor experience, especially cleanliness” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach

Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Huntington Beach
Bountiful, Utah
“Poor experience, especially cleanliness”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

My family stayed here for 10 days and unfortunately, it was not as pleasant as advertised. The highlight was most definitely the staff. They were friendly, attentive, and were always willing to help. The downsides were much more plentiful. The beds were hard, and very rough on us by the end of the trip. My daughter who is often cold, asked for extra blankets. The next day she woke up with what was either bed bug bites or flea bites. We were horrified. There is no pool or exercise room, another downside. The to-go breakfast bar selection was tiny and basically offered coffee, muffins, and oatmeal. A leak came through the wall from the bathroom into the kitchen area from the shower on one of our last days, after 4 people used it (about 10-15 mins each). The wifi, though free, was slow, although they offered faster wifi for additional payments. Still, my family will not be returning here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Myriam V
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Myriam - We appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We are truly sorry that your room did not meet your expectations and that you did not find your bed to be comfortable. Please accept our apologies. We are going to be working with our staff to ensure all of our rooms are up to our standards and are in working order.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at hbc2@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Roaches, table was dirty with caked on food. I had to ask front desk clerk for cleaning rag. I was over charged on my card back to back and she could not resolve it. rotten food in cupboard. Did not meet standards of cleanliness.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Dlrssoto
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We sincerely apologize that the cleanliness of your room did not meet your expectations. We will be working with our housekeeping staff to ensure we are properly cleaning every room. We will also contact our pest control provider to address the issue in your room.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at hbc2@extendedstay.com. We do hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Travellers are raving about these Huntington Beach hotels

Mexicali, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

rooms are PERFECT!

however, due what I believe is the material used to build the floor...you hear every time someone open or close their doors... Other than that. Very very good.

The location is good mostly for business due to the companies nearby, however a trip to the beach takes you 10 min tops.

Breakfast is a Grab and Go, so you basically have packed muffins...coffe or chocolate...Hot water and some Oats.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 224, according to the tales .... for some reason the housekeepers always say they feel s...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
National City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I was surprised to see that it's really like what they've promised in their name alone. I didn't expect that they will give me a suite with a mini kitchen in it (complete with refrigerator, sink and microwave) When I checked the drawers, there's utensils available. Everything was clean. They also have iron and ironing board. I do hope though that I won't need to go to the front desk to ask for a toothbrush and toothpaste, I also hope there's like a shampoo and other stuff in the bathroom. They have a hand and body soap though, and I also bought my hygiene kit. Anyway other than that, it was all good. I got an upgraded suite which is awesome and got a good view. The staff are all welcoming and friendly from the front desk, to the housekeeping and up to the repair guys. I would highly recommend this place to everyone!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had. Not only did our room smell awful, our sink had pressure issues. I could not even do simple things like clean my face. The internet would not work, and when I tried to call the front desk, we realized our room phone did not work either. Calling on my cell phone, I got a hold of a woman who said she would check on it as well as complete a service request for the phone, and get right back to me. Waiting patiently, she never took the time to get back to me. My phone was also never fixed. The entire stay I had to run my own data, racking up additional charges on myself as well as my friend I was staying with. Beyond frustrating due to how much "Free WiFi" is advertised for your location online, and on site.

When we found out there was no pool nor jacuzzi on site, we were ready to up and leave. There is definitely nothing about a lack of online. I have learned to not assume every hotel has one, but after long days of walking, our bodies ached and we had no way to relax.

There were also absolutely no benches outside to rest on when waiting for a taxi, or to just enjoy the outside air. I was forced to just stand there, or sit on the dirty concrete covered in dirt and filthy bugs.

One night I also came down for towels to take a shower for my meeting early the next morning as I had been preparing all evening, and there was no one in the lobby! I suppose they had gone home. I did see some woman walking out of the lobby minutes previously. I have never seen a hotel where the lobby just sits empty at night. I wonder to myself how customers with red - eye flights check in? Although, that is beside the point.

I asked a man if there was video cameras in the marking lot for the safety of my vehicle, he did not know ,asked another associate, and told me there were not. The lack in security frightened me as I could not even know my car was safe in the parking lot!

Overall the worst experience I have ever had, and it definitely took an enormous toll on on what was supposed to be an enjoyable vacation mixed with a little bit of business.

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank traveldarlingggg
Pasadena, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

We were greeted by a pleasant and efficient staff. Check in was hassle free. Our room was clean and complete with all the little necessities we would need. The pet friendly accommodations made traveling a joy

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am proud of our team for being able to provide you with great service during your stay and made it pleasant and hassle free. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.