“Coconut Curry Delight”
Review of King's Fish House

King's Fish House
Reserve with OpenTable
King's Fish House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We visited this restaurant late on a Saturday night and were pleased to discover them still serving until 11pm. We were the only guests in the dining room but still felt a good vibe, our waiter Chad was very attentive. My order of Coconut Curry Shrimp was exceptional, the shrimp was not over done and the snap peas, al dente. I am a big fan of Coconut and Curry together and they got it just right! My boyfriend ordered the Parmesan crusted Ono but found it just ok. Typically the slice of Ono steak is thicker and found it overly breaded and overdone. He did love the spicy clam chowder and sourdough bread was fantastic (must have come straight from San Francisco!)

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I love oysters. Raw, broiled, fried, whatever. But there aren't too many places around where you can get a great platter of fried oysters. I had one last night at King's. Seven nice sized oysters, good cole slaw, excellent mac and cheese and good service. NIce hot bread, No corkage fee is a plus. I was a happy camper. Although I did not have the chowder, the others in my party liked theirs. They also served key lime pie gratis to our anniversary couple. I've never been disappointed at King's.
There was a screaming kid in the same area we were sitting. Fortunately, he arrived toward the end of our meal. Not the fault of King's. But parents....use your noggins and be more courteous. Any kids will scream if you let them.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Not wanting to eat anything heavy, I opted to try the wonderful New England clam chowder and a green salad. There was no disappointment about the soup, bread and salad. The service was superb. I'm hoping to try the delicious fish and oysters the next time I'm in town. Don't miss it! Nicely decorated and very comfortable. It was a bit pricey but the food was tastey.

1  Thank GrammyJ43
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I love coming here for drinks and the Lobster Bisque. It is addictive and one of the best places I have ever had it! I briefly dated a guy who worked here and he turned me onto this bisque by bringing it over when I was sick. Yes, sweetest guy ever and pours a mean drink at the bar! Def worth the price as the quality of the food is terrific! Will be back soon! XOXO I'm not going to lie, I even pick food up to go from here for lunch because it is just that good!

Reviewed 30 April 2013

We went there just for the oysters and weren't disappointed. I like my horseraddish creamy (they serve there's freshly shredded) when I asked about it our waitress was so accomadating and found some "automic" horseraddish in the frigerator. Just ask your server for it and they will bring it to you. (she said it burned her eyes when she opened the jar, so beware)

The amazing oysters with hot sauce, lemon, automic horseraddish and freshly sqeezed lemon, the friendly staff and the great atmosphere make Kings Fish House #1 in my book.