“Economical, Convenient Location IF you have a Car”

Rodeway Inn Near LA Live
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Huntington Park
Reviewed 11 August 2012

It's not as bad as some people are commenting. I've stayed COUNTLESS times since late 2009: every time I visit L.A. (about 5 times per year) I stay here. My last stay was for two nights July 12 - 13, 2012. I prefer the 2nd floor in the outside parking lot area. Yes, it is definitely NOT in a glamorous part of town, BUT I don't believe you'll be mugged here either--just don't walk in the area at night! There's a Norm's Restaurant nearby on Slauson; get there early or you're in for long waits! Also on Pacific Blvd. nearby there's a Guess Outlet and a La Monarca Bakery which sells excellent Oaxacan coffee and pasteries. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Main building is noisy. I suggest you request a 2nd floor room in parking lot area. Expect A/C noise...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 July 2012

Ghetto, thought I was getting a decent hotel for one hundred dollars night, wrong! It's not what they pictured on the internet. Some of the bad things: bad, bad area, dirty, heard yelling from one of the rooms, saw a man walking out with a "lady",some obvious "activities". We wanted to stop only for the night, and continue our trip but we did not feel comfortable and safe. Other families traveling with us felt the same way, they agreed to give me the money since I had used my credit card, but we did not stayed there. Of course, they charged me the whole amount, I tried to complain, but no success. Their reason, "they lose money!" My advice: don't go there and make sure you always read reviews before booking online.

Room Tip: Don't believe everything the internet pictures, read, read reviews please!
Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Martha363
Reviewed 26 July 2012

First of all, the hotel offered an outrageously cheap rate for my 2 night stay after I got kicked out of student housing early.

2nd. Had to bring my puppy to which the friendly front desk staff waved the $10 a night fee, simply to be pleasant.

3rd. Clean rooms, don't know what other reviews have been complaining about but the place gives you all you need for a short term stay. Nicely renovated bed set/other amenities.

All in all, great service, great price, convenient parking/wifi/pet accomodation. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Try and get a room that you have to enter the lobby for. At the end of the day, Southern LA is not...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian D
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Worst hotel/motel that I've been to. I've usually relied on reviews and this one is so wrong.......if I can give no star I will definitely do so but I have to give a star to make a review. The room is so small, the floor carpet is dirty....and this is so NOT acceptable...... used condom on the floor! I reported to the front desk in the morning and left to go on sight seeing but after we came back the condom is still there.....terrible! If you can avoid this place, please do yourself a favor. I think the people who give possitive reviewed on this place are the people who works here.

Room Tip: Avoid the place....do yourself a favor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank EyeGive
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I am so greatfull to came to Rodeway Inn
any time I need to be here for personal matters, because; of the hospitality and the welcome these people make feel any time I visit this place is awesome!!!!! I did not find it in any other places around here...

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Heaton W
Reviewed 12 January 2012

i stayed here for 4 nights and it was good. the Rooms are small but clean.
for this price defnetly OK. the personal at the front desk was very friendly.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank pascal b
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Our room was old, pillows were older! No fridge, no coffee maker, just a bucket for the ice.
Not coming back.

Room Tip: I did check the rooms before staying, but after 17 hours on a plane, I had no choice but to stay.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
#176 of 358 in Los Angeles
Dunes Inn - Wilshire
Dunes Inn - Wilshire
#250 of 358 in Los Angeles

Been to Rodeway Inn Near LA Live? Share your experiences!