“Recently remodeled, average hotel with clean bed and rooms”

Rodeway Inn Near LA Live
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Huntington Park
Reviewed 26 January 2013 via mobile

This hotel says it was close to LAX, but it is about a 30 minute drive (plus traffic). The room was very average and clean. The security door for the lobby was a bit intimidating, but apparently necessary. For the cost, I was expecting a little more. But overall it was OK.

• Stayed: January 2013
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn Near LA Live

Reviewed 10 December 2012

This hotel is indeed pet friendly with a $10/night fee per pet. The hotel is very cheap. However, the neighborhood for us was not safe. We heard sirens all night. My husband wanted to go walk our dog, but I refused to let him go. There were homeless everywhere and way too much sketchy activity. The hotel room itself was not disgusting, but it had an unpleasant odor. Thank goodness we only booked one night here. We were so happy to leave the next morning. We didn't stay to try the breakfast, so I cannot comment on that. Next time I am just going to dish out more money to stay in a safe hotel closer to LA. The drive to LA was only about 10 miles. We won't be staying here again and definitely don't recommend it to anyone. Unless you don't mind be in the ghetto, and staying in a run down hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ObsessedTraveler805
Reviewed 31 October 2012

The room was extremely cramped and there was no desk or table/chairs. They advertised "free breakfast" and it was pretty much a scam. This hotel has no designated area for a breakfast/kitchen. They converted a regular hotel room to be the supposed breakfast area. There, they had stale doughnuts bought from a grocery store, along with 2 types of cereal. They also had a coffee and juice machine, which when we tried to get the beverages, they were watered down. We had stayed at a Rodeway Inn before and were expecting to have at least the essentials they had, but NO! Do not count on this factor to persuade your decision to book there. Also, the parking is terrible because it's very limited and if you arrive late you'll have a hard time finding a spot. The bed was a bit hard and uncomfortable. I had to kill two bugs in the bathroom. The shower had no water pressure and it's a stand up shower, so there's no tub. When you try to stand outside of the shower to wait for the temperature to adjust, it sprays water all over the floor. The neighborhood is a little ghetto and made me feel a bit unsafe at night. The price was cheap, they had free wi-fi access and cable TV channels. I would not rate this a 2 star establishment. I've stayed at much better properties with that rating and for the price point.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lotfam01
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Not bad, clean and economical but the rooms were a bit dated. However, the carpet was a little stained/darken by the asphalt oil, trailing into the room. The room has a fridge, microwave and Internet access is by tickets. If you have a lot of devices (i.e. iphone, ipods, ipads, laptops, etc.), you'll need more than one ticket! Breakfast consist of package pastries and bulk cereals with milk available. The surrounding area was fine! …more like a quiet middle-class community; filled with working people. I walked our dog every morning and evening around the block and found the all houses and yard well kept; no sign of un-employment or vandals. The motel is good for an inexpensive place to stay when visiting the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2012

It's not as bad as some people are commenting. I've stayed COUNTLESS times since late 2009: every time I visit L.A. (about 5 times per year) I stay here. My last stay was for two nights July 12 - 13, 2012. I prefer the 2nd floor in the outside parking lot area. Yes, it is definitely NOT in a glamorous part of town, BUT I don't believe you'll be mugged here either--just don't walk in the area at night! There's a Norm's Restaurant nearby on Slauson; get there early or you're in for long waits! Also on Pacific Blvd. nearby there's a Guess Outlet and a La Monarca Bakery which sells excellent Oaxacan coffee and pasteries. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Main building is noisy. I suggest you request a 2nd floor room in parking lot area. Expect A/C noise...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Ghetto, thought I was getting a decent hotel for one hundred dollars night, wrong! It's not what they pictured on the internet. Some of the bad things: bad, bad area, dirty, heard yelling from one of the rooms, saw a man walking out with a "lady",some obvious "activities". We wanted to stop only for the night, and continue our trip but we did not feel comfortable and safe. Other families traveling with us felt the same way, they agreed to give me the money since I had used my credit card, but we did not stayed there. Of course, they charged me the whole amount, I tried to complain, but no success. Their reason, "they lose money!" My advice: don't go there and make sure you always read reviews before booking online.

Room Tip: Don't believe everything the internet pictures, read, read reviews please!
Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Martha363
Reviewed 26 July 2012

First of all, the hotel offered an outrageously cheap rate for my 2 night stay after I got kicked out of student housing early.

2nd. Had to bring my puppy to which the friendly front desk staff waved the $10 a night fee, simply to be pleasant.

3rd. Clean rooms, don't know what other reviews have been complaining about but the place gives you all you need for a short term stay. Nicely renovated bed set/other amenities.

All in all, great service, great price, convenient parking/wifi/pet accomodation. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Try and get a room that you have to enter the lobby for. At the end of the day, Southern LA is not...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
#238 of 353 in Los Angeles
Hotel Solaire Los Angeles
Hotel Solaire Los Angeles
#177 of 353 in Los Angeles

Been to Rodeway Inn Near LA Live? Share your experiences!