other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
BBQ on the deck, this home is made for entertaining.
Living room with river rock fireplace.
Living room with lots of seating and vaulted ceilings.
Dining table seats 6 but can seat 10 with leaf extension.
Large kitchen with lots of counter space and fully stocked with
Kitchen has little breakfast nook. Perfect for a quick bite befo
Stair way from front door
Master suite with private bath and private deck.
Master bedroom with comfy bed and vaulted ceilings.
Master bathroom with a huge bathtub
Skylights and plants in shower make you feel in touch with natur
Master Bathroom with large oval tub and shower.
2nd Bedroom with queen sized bed and private deck access.
3rd bedroom with a queen sized bed and private patio access.
Den with ample seating. This room is perfect for a movie or game
Family room with a flat screen TV and fire place
2nd bathroom with dual sinks and a shower tub.
3rd Bathroom by the kitchen; half bath
Laundry room in home is available for use.
Beautiful views from 3rd  bedroom deck.
Welcome to 'On The Rocks'
Home sits around a bed on large rocks, hence the name 'On the Ro
Home has a nice carport.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
thekansas...
San Diego, California
“Nice Enough House But Too Many Issues!!”
Reviewed 5 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018

This is bit long but bear with me. My husband & I come up to Idyllwild twice a year. We've never rented from this rental company before nor stayed at a place this size. However this time we invited our daughter & her family to come with us to celebrate my husband's birthday. Our grandkids are 12 & 7. The house is 3 bed/2.5 bath. When you first come in the door you're on a mid landing. To the immediate right are 2 guest rooms and the full bath w/ dual sinks. One of the guest rooms has a tiny loft in it that my grandkids stayed in and had a fun time going up there. Neither of these 2 guest rooms have TV's! Important to note that when everyone goes to their respective rooms and wants to watch TV before bed or in the mornings. From that landing to the immediate left is a set of stairs that goes to the MB which has a private bathroom and that room does have a small TV. From the landing area are a set of stairs down into the main part of the house: kitchen, living room, dining room, 1/2 bath, & laundry room. Kitchen is galley style so not a lot of room for more than 1 or 2 people at a time. Nice gas stove but trash compactor is on older side. The kitchen sink is dual sink with a small middle area that contains the garbage disposal. Note - the disposal is shallow so when you turn it on make sure you keep it covered or else you'll get splashed on. Found that out the hard way. The furniture in the living room is nice enough but not very comfortable after awhile except for the leather chair/recliner. Also, the TV is located in the entertainment center. The doors do slide back a part of the way BUT if you are sitting on the couch you CANNOT see the TV. From the main part of the house is another fight of stairs down to the family room. 2 couches (1 is a pull out) and a nice rocking chair and this furniture is much more comfortable. There is a binder on the dining room table with all the house instructions, misc Idyllwild info, etc. Down in the family room is a pellet stove. My husband for the life of him, and he's very handy, couldn't get this thing lit on Friday night so after an hour of trying and reading the manual, we texted the rental company and they said it did work & would have someone come over the next morning to show him how to work it. The gentleman that did show up was very nice and helpful and all it needed was lighter fluid to get it going. Well we saw lighter fluid upstairs by the fireplace but we didn't want to use it and have something horrible happen. Had that been a part of the instructions in the binder it would have saved a lot of headache and a trip over to the house. And from there things just got worse. On Saturday morning there were 6 of us getting ready. After the 1st person took their shower all the hot water was gone!! The rest of us took either luke cool showers or downright cold ones! But there was hot water from sinks & in the kitchen. To keep adding to issues - NO bath soap!! Literally, none! The MB had a bottle of body wash left with a tiny bit of body wash left in it. The main bathroom had no soap, nothing! My daughter searched all the drawers & cabinets and finally found someone's USED Dial bar soap under a cabinet!! Gross! And it had been used many times. She went & got a butter knife to scrape off the top layer before they used it for their showers. When we went into town later that morning we stopped by the grocery store and bought soap! To keep adding insult to injury: NONE, and I mean NONE of the bathroom outlets in ALL 3 bathrooms did not work!!! OMG. When the guy came to look at the pellet stove I asked him if he could check out what was wrong but he said it sounded like an internal GFI issue and since it was the weekend they'd have to find and call an electrician over and he didn't think that was possible. What?! So, ladies...all weekend long we 3 girls had to blow dry our hair in the bedroom using one of the wall outlets, couldn't use the curling iron, etc. I was beside myself with the amount of money we paid (over $900!!) for the weekend I expected better. No soap, no outlets, and it just keeps getting better. We couldn't find any extra towels and again did another search and destroy to no avail. So on Saturday night I went to wash the towels we had used already only to open the washer and find a set of rugs that had been washed & left behind. I go to put those in the dryer and low & behold I find all the extra towels in there! A note from housekeeping or a note in the binder, something to let us know where to find them would have been nice! After making breakfast on Saturday I went to run the dishwasher only to find out - yep you guessed it - NO dishwasher detergent. Holy crap. All these issues were piling up one after another. My daughter & her family went home Saturday night. On Sunday morning my husband & I made a small breakfast and hand washed all those dishes & I advised the rental company housekeeping would need to run the dishwasher. It states there is a treehouse, and yes there is. However we couldn't find a ladder or anything to get up into the treehouse and literally it was just an open space with nothing much there so our grandson was very disappointed with that. We didn't use the hot tub. My husband went out to look at it Friday afternoon and said it looked dirty. The house itself is nice enough, big enough, although not sure where 10 people can sleep in it when there's only 3 queen beds and 1 pull out. House decor is nice enough. The master bath shower is a deep soaking tub/shower combo with a VERY high instep to get in & out. There is no grab bar for safety so you need to be very careful climbing in & out, especially if you have hip, knee, foot, ankle or any kind of unsteady issues. Also the tub drain grate was broken so you wouldn't be able to take a bath if you wanted to. There were just too many issues that added up to make this an enjoyable stay where we'd come back, and when you pay over $900 for 2 nights you expect better. The rental company did get back with us when talking about the pellet stove and the gentleman that came was very nice & helpful. Housekeeping needs to definitely be more on top of things along with the rental company. Not sure what the HO's know or don't know.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.

Travellers are raving about these Idyllwild hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing