“Charming, Romantic, Perfect!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Idyllwild
Rainbow Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 9 Idyllwild B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Rainbow Inn was recommended to us by family that vacations in Idyllwild, and it was an excellent choice. The facility is beautifully-maintained and very cozy-comfy. The bedroom was large with an amazingly comfortable bed, modern bathroom and very good A/C. Each morning we enjoyed a delicious breakfast prepared by the owner, who is quite a cook. Everyone was served the same thing, but the owner (John) adapted our breakfast each day to account for our taste and preferences (e.g., vegetarian). Company around the table was delightful each morning and John was a most accommodating and congenial host. The Inn is well-located in Idyllwild and easy to walk to town and back. A really nice place!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank DBR222
There are newer reviews for Rainbow Inn Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My first trip to Idyllwild, and it was wonderful. The Inn is warm and inviting, and the grounds delight with their rustic beauty. John was a wonderful host, and the breakfasts were great! He was very helpful in advising the best trail to hike for our abilities. Hope to go there again ... and again!

Room Tip: The 2 king sized beds are in the Music Box room and the Swan Lake room. The others have queen size...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Patrimanch
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My family and I have been coming up from San Diego to Idyllwild for years. It's a pleasant drive
and it feels like a good getaway. This weekend my husband and I went up alone for one night. This was our first experience at the Rainbow Inn, and we'll definitely be returning. The price for the room was economical, and the Inn and our room felt luxurious without being stuffy or pretentious. The Inn is located on a quiet street within easy walking distance to the stores and restaurants on the main street in town. The house is lovely, and our room was comfortable. We stayed in the Sunset room, and I would probably prefer a little larger room next visit. John, the innkeeper, is professional, friendly, and very hospitable. Our breakfast was delicious, served at a communal table with three of the other guests.
There is a nice deck on the upper story of the back of the house, perfect for reading or lounging in the sun.

Room Tip: I would suggest selecting a room towards the back of the house, while avoiding a room near the stai...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank JJF525
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Our stay at The Rainbow Inn was fantastic...wish we had more time to stay and enjoy! From the moment we were greeted by John, the owner, to the moment we reluctantly drove away it was perfection!! We especially enjoyed the large deck overlooking the lovely back yard and wooded area which provided a lovely spot to relax and enjoy a bottle of wine. And I cannot say enough about the delicious breakfast which John prepared and served himself! Not your typical B&B breakfast! Eggs Benedict cooked to order, fresh broiled grapefruit, muffins, a selection of juices and great coffee! I was very impressed and grateful for the gluten free options for muffins!!
We loved the charm of the town and John certainly carries that same ambience with his delightful B&B.
We cannot wait to visit again!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Sunset Room which was wonderful! Quiet, spacious and very clean!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Robin S
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Without repeating the reviews of the previous guests, I find it difficult to find other words to describe my stay at the Inn. My visit at the Rainbow Inn did not disappoint and it lived up to its reputation as the #1 place to stay while in Idyllwild.

Room Tip: My husband and I enjoyed staying in the Strawberry Room!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
12  Thank dorothyf417
Reviewed 3 February 2014

On a spur-of-the-moment trip to Idyllwild, and a first to the mountains of southern California, I discovered the Rainbow Inn. It’s charm was immediately apparent, even before I stepped through the door. Once inside, however, the tastefully rustic sophistication was even more awe-inspiring. The owner….John, who is even more charming than the decor….has decorated with local works of art and crafts, including his own photography, which he humbly downplays.

The rooms are so warm and welcoming, replete with fine linens and robes. I was thrilled to find a mini-fridge….fabulous for wine and cheese storage. The soft music of the bright and spacious guest lounge was so soothing, and the DVD library could go toe-to-toe with RED BOX or NETFLIX!!!

Such a dilemma; stroll the beautiful grounds, go for a hike or use John’s own walking tour map, or walk into town to shop….or stay in with a good book or a DVD…or three?? Regardless of the weather, you’ll never want for something to do or enjoy at this inn.

The breakfast?? I couldn’t believe the feasts he prepared. Beautiful blends of eggs and cheeses and vegetables, warm breads, and fresh fruit and yogurt elegantly presented at a stunning table. I did “borrow” a molasses cookie from the platter he kindly left in the lounge. Thank you, John!!!!

Sitting on the sunny deck, taking in the scenery and listening to the birds sing while enjoying a sumptuous breakfast (including broiled grapefruit…who knew????), is, on its own, indescribably delicious.

Next visit, I’m going for the room with the Jacuzzi!!!! And, while I enjoy being outside as must as possible, I wouldn’t mind a rainy or snowy day which would give me an excuse to watch a DVD (each room has a player) and gaze at the fire in the stove……….

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
14  Thank david m
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Although there are a number of lovely places to stay in this quaint mountain town, I found the Rainbow Inn to be the perfect mix of what I needed. The host was accommodating, knowledgeable and appropriately attentive in just the right ways. From the tastefully presented decor throughout, the wonderfully appointed room, and the healthful, fresh breakfasts served, I can't say enough how much I enjoyed my weekend at the inn.

The Rainbow Inn is across Strawberry Creek from the village -- the creek runs through the back of the property adding a unique ambiance. Proximity to the Gastrognome restaurant, Idyllwild Pizza, Joan's restaurant and Higher Grounds coffee house make this spot unbeatable...a short walk everywhere.

John, the owner, even dropped me off at one of the trail heads where I could hike back to the Rainbow...who does that??

Room Tip: Being on a budget, I stayed in the Music Box room at $115 per night which included a full cooked bre...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
13  Thank John S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Idyllwild
Desert Riviera Hotel
#5 of 9 in Idyllwild
Idyllwild Bunkhouse
Idyllwild Bunkhouse
#3 of 13 in Idyllwild

Been to Rainbow Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!