“Monte Cristo sandwich is superb!”
Review of The Mile High Cafe

The Mile High Cafe
Ranked #3 of 42 Restaurants in Idyllwild
Cuisines: American
California, USA
“Monte Cristo sandwich is superb!”
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful surprise to find an incredibly tasty Monte Cristo sandwich in this small cafe in this small town! They also serve a tempura fried ice cream - unique and tasty! We'll be back!

• Visited July 2013

Palm Desert,CA
“Friendly Staff, Dog Friendly, Friendly but Lousy Salmon”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We went here with my family and the two who ordered the salmon got the " runs" within
an hour after eating there. The other two ordered different things on the menu and were fine.
The waitress was just so nice, it pains me to write this, but beware of the salmon.
I don't know if it was old, contaminated or due to careless practices in the kitchen. It would
be difficult for me to return.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Offthebeatenpath011
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I broke one of my rules when visiting a new town-- never to eat at the same restaurant twice-- I ordered dinner for take out Saturday, and the food was so good I had to go there Sunday morning for breakfast. Granted the seared tuna in my salad is scant, but the dressing definitely made up for it. One should try their Corned beef hash served on a sizzling plate for breakfast. The explosion of flavor in your mouth is absolutely amazing.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Noli G
Redlands, California
“Fantastic breakfast!”
Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

We decided to try this place for breakfast and were very pleased we did! We had the eggs benedict and a mushroom and spinach omelet. Everything was very tasty and cooked to perfection. The hash browns were outstanding! And the hollandaise sauce was delicious - which is high praise since what we usually make our own at home.

The service was helpful and attentive without being overly obtrusive. We will definitely be back when we come to Idyllwild again.

During chillier months, you may wish to have a table closer to the stove.

2 Thank SLPlovesPE42
La Mirada
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Geat breakfast with friendly service. The food is fresh and tasty and you can warm your self by the fire.

Visited January 2013