“Great wine spot”

Idyll Awhile Wine Shoppe and Bistro
Ranked #13 of 42 Restaurants in Idyllwild
Cuisines: Bar, Wine Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Marcos, California
“Great wine spot”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stopped in to try a tasting. I had Jared the bar tender was excellent. I had him choose my 3 tastings and my wives as well and we enjoyed all 6 wines we tasted. We purchased a bottle of one of the wines we tried. I wish it was closer so I could return!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank JimmyJackk

San Diego, California
“Great tapas and Wine!”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Went wine tasting here and it was top-notch! The manager was really well educated about all of the wines he gave us. The atmosphere was excellent. The wines were all delicious, we also ordered a flatbread and dip, those were both great as well! I would reccommend to anyone that is visiting the area.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Colleen M
Solana Beach, California
“Fun pub with outdoor patio”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This little pub had a great small craft beer list. It also has a nice selection of snacks like flatbreads, meat, and cheese boards. My husband and I shared a ham and goat cheese flatbread, which was delicious. We had a couple of beers and it was a perfect lunch after our morning of hiking. We visited the Sunday before St. Patrick's Day, and there was live music. We'll definitely return!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank JJF525
California
“This is a great little wine tasting room!”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is a great place to enjoy some good wine at a reasonable price and the food is really good as well. We tried the cheese board and have tried some of the soups over our many visits. There is live music on the weekend and the locals seem to hang out at this place.......

Visited September 2013
“Great place to wind down”
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Took a chance and stopped in for a wine tasting. Was pleasantly surprised by the price and the value for a 6 wine flight. Generous pour which was a little dangerous since I still had to drive back down the mountain. Ordered the cheese and bread platter - very good and tasty with the pepper jelly condiments. Now the bad news - locals hang out here, which is great, except they act like it is their own private club. A little off-putting to visitors. I get that locals keep the business going year-round, but the patron needs to pay attention to newbies too! They may just become regulars.

• Visited August 2013