“Restaurant? more of an OK coffee shop..”
Review of Oma's European Restaurant - CLOSED

Oma's European Restaurant
Cuisines: European, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Los Angeles, California
“Restaurant? more of an OK coffee shop..”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

..but none the worse for that. The pastries (we tried the lemon cheesecake and the apple strudel) were good . Free coffee refills, nice shady outside patio. Fair value.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank dougaldawn

Flagstaff, Arizona
“Very good pastries and hundreds of teas!”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I love this place...it's family operated and has a tremendous selection of teas and pastry. I've also had great soup and quiche here. It's clean charming and homey. I would stay clear of a burger (it's a European pastry shop, c'mon!)

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank StellaPie
Drayton Valley, AB Canada
“So, so . . .”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Stopped here for lunch at the recommendation of a gal at an art gallery across the street. With her glowing endorsement, I guess we were expecting more. We were greeted warmly and seated promptly - décor has a down-home feel, with a gas fireplace.
I ordered the Classic Burger and found it to be overcooked and dry. The potato salad was okay. My husband opted for the Cinnamon roll French toast with a side of Bratwurst - he gave me a taste and I would have passed on both, but he said it was okay. Had we been really hungry, we probably would have tried Oma's famous wurst platter which is her specialty. Lunch for two was $25.00.
The pastry display case was full of goodies, and they did look impressive. Cinnamon buns (which they claim are world famous), bear claws, cream cheese Danish pastries, fruit Danish, cream puffs, various cakes, tortes, and cookies - what's not to love if you have a sweet tooth? I don't, and therefore did not try any of them, but they did look good. They do offer a variety of specialty coffees and teas, so it's probably a good place to stop for a hot beverage and pastry.
We were told that she makes good soup - the only soup she was offering today was chicken noodle, which didn't appeal to us.
I don't think we'd stop there again, but that's not to say that you won't like it. To each their own . . .

• Visited January 2014
“You will have trouble picking just one pastry!”
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

We popped in here on our way out of idylwild for a tea and couldn't resist all the delicious home baked goods. We will definitely go back there next time wer'e up there. Oma was there and everyone working were kind and helpful. Cozy feel.

Visited January 2014
Manhattan Beach, CA
“Nice Pastry”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stopped to buy some pastries to take home for New Year's breakfast. They were delicious. This place is the best bakery, hard to find these days.

Visited January 2014