“Rustic Comfort for PCT Hikers”
Review of Idyllwild Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Idyllwild
Idyllwild Inn
Ranked #3 of 9 Idyllwild B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Aloha everyone, I spent two nights at the Idllywild Inn last month during two back-to-back "zero days." I rented a cabin and booked it well in advance. If you're considering a stay there as part of your PCT experience, I'd strongly recommend you book early and do your best to stay on your hike plan, rooms and cabins fill fast. In any case, all my basic expectations were met and a few exceeded during my stay. The cabin was worn but clean. The shower and bath set up was nirvana after a few days on the trail; hot water is a wonderful thing. Good flow/pressure from the shower. The bed was comfortable and I slept well. The room temp was thermostat controlled and it was nice to have some heat without worrying about potentially burning down the national forest. (There was a fireplace in the room, but it didn't use it.) The living room / kitchen area was all simple and functional. Kitchen utensils, cutlery, and appropriate crockery were provided. The water from the tap tasted good. So, those basic expectations all get a solid thumbs up. The above and beyond part is this: the staff was very helpful and accommodating to hikers and, by appearances, to all guests. As for me, they answered all the many questions I had, the same questions they've been asked a million times, cheerfully. They did a load of my laundry for which I would have paid a million dollars, but it was free. They held a USPS-sent hiker box for me for well over 10 days. They adjusted my reservation happily twice. So, they get high marks for all that! Finally, while Idyllwild is certainly a small mountain town, the Inn is about as centrally located as you can get. It's across the street for the nicest restaurant in town, about a 2 minute walk from the post office, a pizza joint, the supermarket, another half dozen restaurants, and a bar or two. It's five minutes from the mountain/outdoor outfitter. So, after a few miles on the trail, it's pretty nice to have all the glories of civilization so dang close. Ok...so all in all, the Idllywild Inn is not the Ritz. It's not posh, modern, or elegant. But it's certainly not meant to be either. It's exactly what you should expect for a reasonably priced mountain town lodge. My bill for two nights was just over $200, which for me was totally worth it. As they are proud to note, it's been family run (same family) for near a 100 years if not over that mark. Again, nothing especially fancy, but for a hiker zero day it was absolutely perfect. I expect for a weekend getaway from LA, it would do nicely as well. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Your choice is cabins or rooms; the cabins obviously have additional capacity, pull out bed sofa be...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Have stayed here twice now. Yes, it is a small room, but you just sleep there, right? Within walking distance to center of town. In fact, this is the closest Inn to the main attractions, restaurants, stores, etc., in town.

Room Tip: You might want to be toward the back of the property and away from the traffic in the town center.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grubstake
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We have coming to Idyllwild for over 5 years now. On our very first visit, we stayed at another establishment. But once we found the Idyllwild Inn, we were hooked. We have stayed in a small cabin, a larger cabin when the rest of the family came with us and on this last visit in one of the Theme rooms. We have never been disappointed. Staff is very friendly & helpful. The rooms & grounds are very nicely kept. I can't wait for our next visit, which should be late this year.

Room Tip: Depending on the size of your group, you have options to choose from, even cabins with nice size kit...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SDBOLTMAN
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I have been lodging here since I was born first with my family and now with my husband. The owners are the nicest people you could ever meet, the cabins are all very comfortable with kitchens and living rooms. In christmas they put lovely Christmas lights on the cabin roof. There's a fireplace in all of the cabins, a dining room table, a stove, oven sink and coffee maker and a TV comfortable couches It's in the center of town so everything is within walking distance. It's a great romantic getaway place but it's also a wonderful family place.

Room Tip: ALL of the cabins are wonderful, some are a duplex others are a family cabin. If you want something...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lindseygarcia
Reviewed 15 February 2014

If you're considering an Idyllwild overnighter, and don't mind a rustic, bare-bones cabin retreat, this is your ticket. Rooms are cozy and comfortable, with oversized wood-burning fireplaces and handy kitchenettes. Major benefit of this inn is its location. Walk to most everything the small town offers from here. Prices extremely reasonable. Nice front desk people. Having taken many day-trips to Idyllwild over the last 30 years from the San Diego area, this would be my choice as to where to stay for a couple. If a larger group, consider booking one of the vacation cabin booking venues. All cabins are set amongst huge pines. Very serene. Place to have a cup of coffee and watch the gray squirrels scurry outside your deck on the quiet morning.

Room Tip: We were in 16 with 2 people, so son slept on sofa bed. Beds pretty soft, but comfortable. Basicall...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Morobi
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We stayed here for one night for a party we attended in the proximity of Idyllwild. I made an error when call for the reservation, and called back a few hour later to see if I could transfer the date, and they were Very accommodating in doing so for me. We were past the refund date, so I really appreciated this. We really liked the location, able to walk to town, though we had to leave before the shops opened. We stayed in one of the theme rooms. Very clean, though a little updating is required I believe, especially the carpeting. Towels thick and clean. Bedding a little worn I thought. Bed pretty comfortable. A bit of noise at night from a restaurant or bar. We will return due to location, but probably try a cabin maybe. Very friendly owners or employees, not sure which. Heater worked well,

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank NRosenbaum
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My husband & I where there for the weekend of the tree lighting ceremony, it was simply Beautiful.
We did a little bar hopping and best thing about that was we didn't have to drive. Everything was right there ,kinda like front row tickets to a special event. Cabins are cute, especially the adults only cabins ,no kids or dogs allowed.
But on the other side there are family cabins that also is pet friendly. Everyone was very very nice,including the locals...it's our newest little get away , from San Diego.

• Stayed: November 2013