“My favorite caffeine stop in Idy”
Review of Higher grounds

Higher grounds
Ranked #3 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Idyllwild
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Great coffee, great service. The location is central to everything in town. The relaxed atmosphere is a perfect place to stop for java, tea, WIFI, meet up with friends & gaze at blue skies, trees & people wandering in town. In door seating is comfy. Outdoor seating is great for those mountain perfect days & if you have your dog with you.
Special pricing when you use your reusable mug!
I visit everyday I'm in Idyllwild!

2  Thank B0hdana

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Higher grounds is a classic example of the way a coffee shop should be. Great seating inside and outside as well at games for younger customers to keep themselves entertained as well as a public computer to share. Having gone multiple times, I have not been disappointed with any other their drinks. I now make it a point to visit higher grounds every time I visit Idyllwild.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I actually wanted to give a 3.5 rating, but tripadvisor does not allow it. We were here on 8/12/13, and being that it was our first visit to Idyllwild we were simply exploring the town and its various establishments and we came across this little place of caffeine heaven. What caught my attention and interest about this little coffee shop is that it offers gluten-free items and paleo diet items. At NO extra cost! I was pleasantly surprised with this consideration towards special dietary needs/lifestyles, as it is a rare practice. So rare that not even major chain businesses practice it. I was recently forced to remove gluten from my diet due to health issues; therefore, this consideration is GREATLY APPRECIATED.

We had been out and about in the little town of Idyllwild and the day was quite hot; as a result, we really did not try the actual coffee. We did try the Strawberry-Banana Smoothie; the Veggie Paleo Muffin; and the gluten-free chocolate chip muffin. All three were very good. Items are reasonably priced and they have an assortment of free-trade coffee for sale. The service was average. They do have free WiFi and there is ample seating, both indoors and outdoors. They are child and pet friendly, as there are books, board games and a computer for the youngsters to use and pets are allowed to lounge on the outdoor patio area. They do accept cash and credit/debit cards.

Overall: a really nice place to lounge at and connect with people while sipping on a drink and/or enjoying a baked goodie. To par with Starbucks (my former favorite coffee shop,) with the exception of the consideration towards special diets, which places them above par, in my book.

1  Thank aztkdiva
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Many of the businesses in Idyllwild are pretty small and stuffy spaces. This coffee shop has plenty of space to meet up with friends and sit either inside or outside. The decor is pretty dated and dingy, but the menu is varied with quite a few selections of beverages and treats.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is the place on the hill to meet people. Stop by with your dog too. Seating inside or out and wifi too.