“The Pomegranite Journey”

The Crepe Beyond
Nashville, Tennessee
“The Pomegranite Journey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Located in town center, this bistro is open longer hours during the week than the shopping available around it. We had lunch, then went painting. Highly recommend a salad NOT to be missed- and be sure to get the pomegranate vinergrette.

Later we came back- for house-made gelato! (mine- expresso with chocolate chunks; my friend's- lemon sorbet).

• Visited September 2013

Idyllwild, California
“great new discovery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Wonderful new place! Filling just the right niche in the Idyllwild restaurant scene. Organic ingredients! Very fresh, beautifully presented. Nice for a light meal, reasonably priced. We came here for an early dinner and had the Farmers Market (vegetarian) filled crepe -- really good. French-press-made coffee looked good; we had the espresso gelato for dessert and enjoyed the gallery of fine art prints and found-object sculptures by one of the professors at Idyllwild Arts. Always fun to watch crepes being made. It was also a quiet spot (which we like).

• Visited September 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Natural, Organic and Out of this world delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

This is a brand new restaurant that just recently opened and so far, they are doing an incredible job. Idyllwild is one of my favorite places to go and there are some good restaurants there but many are the same...lots of burgers, pizza and Mexican. The Crepe Beyond is doing something very different....Crepes both sweet and savory, amazing salads, freshly ground fair trade organic coffee in a French Press (with real cream) and even real gelato.

The first thing I noticed is the bright sunny yellow walls and how pleasant the atmosphere is and it sits in a prime location, in the heart of the quaint mountain village of Idyllwild, with a gorgeous view of the mountains.

They cook everything right before your eyes behind the bar. The very personable (and handsome :) crepe chef David took great care to make sure that everything was perfect and I had my order within 5 minutes.

I ordered the savory Lazy Chicken crepe, which is chicken, baby portobello mushrooms, prosciutto, gruyere and beshamel sauce and it was to die for. I was craving another the next day.

I also had some amazing iced coffee and some pistashio gelato.

Everything they use is all natural and organic and the owner John explained to me that the only thing in the freezer is the gelato All other ingredients are fresh and everything is cooked to order. Even the water they serve you is triple filtered. Finally, a restaurant that CARES about what we put into our bodies and is willing to go the extra mile to make it extraordinary.

I was so impressed with how friendly and talkative everyone was and that they are so environmentally conscious. They strive to use as many recyclable materials as possible, you won't find any styrofoam containers here! They even care to have a very large self waterer sitting out on the sidewalk for the pedestrians who are walking their dogs. This tells me that these people really care.

It was definitely one of the best and most memorable meals I've had and I could honestly eat there every day. 5 stars!!

• Visited July 2013