“Lots of Options!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Coronado, California
“Lots of Options!”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Food was very good and I would recommend this as one of your places to have dinner. Rustic and warm feel.

Visited December 2013

Pasadena, California
“Extremely good food”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The food is terrific but they give you a huge portion. The atmosphere was very homey and comfortable.

Visited December 2013
Carlsbad, California
“All hail The Gnome!”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Though I've lived in the San Diego area for 30 years, for whatever reason I'd never stayed in or eating in Idyllwid. And what a great, cute, friendly little town! The biggest surprise was the food. We did not expect to find gourmet restaurants in a tiny little mountain town, but, if you go, expect to be surprised.

"The Gnome" as it's known, is a very quaint romantic spot, which my wife picked out for my birthday meal. Great choice. I asked the waitress for her recommendation of among three dishes that caught my eye, and she highly recommended the Tequila Lime Shrimp. It came beautifully presented on a bed of molded brown rice that in and of itself was a delight. But the combination of all the flavors had me in ecstasy. I savored every bite. When I was done, I had to pause, take a breath and realize this was one of the best meals I"d ever eaten. Fabulous! The wine accompanying the meal was divine. This place is an absolute joy.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank travelingtee
Huntington Beach, California
“Lovely and Consistant”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We have been dining at Gastronome since we started dating 36 years ago. We are so glad it is still there. The warm ambiance, with a fireplace in the dining room and bar area, is especially nice in the winter months. Dining outdoors is very pleasant when weather allows. Full bar, friendly service, wonderful lobster and delightful Thanksgiving dinners are served here. Gastronome is my number two pick in the area.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Brenda J
San Diego, California, United States
“Need to go back again”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

The service was great, everyone was friendly. We ordered the petite filet and while it was cooked properly, we weren't thrilled with the way it was served, over thinly sliced potatoes that were crispy, like chips, but quickly became soggy. The spinach that was suppose to be part of the layered filet and mushrooms, was forgotten, but they were apologetic and brought it on the side. The french onion soup was good and so was the homemade bread. I'll have to go back and try some different things. In all, it was a cozy place, with a fireplace and they seemed to try hard.

Visited November 2013