“Your Dad's restaurant”

Gastrognome
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Idyllwild
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
NH
“Your Dad's restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I went here with my daughter. No complaints, but not wowed either. All was good, though both meals seemed heavy on the salt. Service was prompt and friendly. Our waitress was helpfully in describing how meals would be flavored and presented. She had a nice wine recommendation , and all in all it was a good meal. A comment and not a complaint would be it felt as if, if my father had eaten here a long time ago, it would have been the same. For all I know, it's only been open 5 years.

• Visited July 2014

South Lake Tahoe, California
“ANOTHER OF OUR FAVORITES!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

LOVE Gastrognome!! Inside by the fires in the Winter and outside on the patio in the Summer! Their dinner menu is HUGE! Food has always been FANTASIC!! Great Chef!! Good wine selection. Perfect for a romantic or special occasion dinner. Worth your time!!

Visited July 2014
San Diego, California
“Order the trout!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

The grilled fresh trout I had for dinner here was so good that I drove back into town the next day so I could have it again for lunch. Heaven! My only suggestion would be to make reservations. I showed up by myself and didn't have to wait, but I was probably lucky.

Visited June 2014
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“The Gnome is a great place for lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

While staying with family in Palm Springs, we took a day trip to Idyllwild in the San Jacinto Mountains and had lunch at the Gastrognome Restuarant (known simply as “the Gnome” http://www.gastrognome.com). I ordered the eggplant sandwich on focaccia bread; this was served with a salad and a few home fries. My husband enjoyed the Portabella Sandwich - a grilled cap sliced; with roasted red peppers, avo, and sundried aioli on homemade brown bread with fries. We had lunch at an outdoor table in the cool shade of an umbrella. The servers were very pleasant and prompt and the food was delicious. An overnight stay in Idyllwild would be nice; then I could try something from the dinner menu at The Gnome.

• Visited June 2014
San Diego, California
“Now that's great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

We had lunch and we both ordered the southwest chicken soup, and I ordered the vegetable grilled sandwich and side of fruit with a glass of house chardonnay and my husband ordered the goat cheese salad and a specialty dark beer. They also brought out fresh hot bread to go with our soup. There was a lot of food and everything was excellent including the service. We ate outside and the ambiance was great. Very good value. We asked the locals and they all recommended Gastrognome as the best restaurant in town and we agree!

Visited June 2014