“Lovely Dining Experience in Mountains” 5 of 5 bubbles

Gastrognome
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Idyllwild
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Diego, California
“Lovely Dining Experience in Mountains”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Friendly, attentive, unobtrusive service. Beautifully decorated, from the lace curtains to the massive stone fireplace (with candles for summer). Pleasant patio. Something for everyone on the menu (if not, they will make it for you). The food is excellent, from the yummy salads, to the tasty entrees, to the delicious desserts. I felt very comfortable, never rushed (I am a slow eater). Lovely wine list. Have been eating here for many years and it has never disappointed! Pricey but worth it.

Visited July 2014

Temecula, California
“Romantic and nice dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Food was great! excellent wide variety of food. For this I would pick it over Café Aroma, even though we go there a lot too. It was romantic and the food was excellent. The place has been there for 38 years and the place was full. That tells you something. Make a reservation, just do it!

Visited July 2014
Venice, CA
“Reservations and eat outside if not too hot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Really lovely, quaint restaurant in the heart of Idyllwild. If you know you will be there and want to eat here I recommend reservations but not totally necessary. Place is usually crowded though. Our food and drink were very tasty-I had the steak sandwich which I ate mostly with a fork as it was too messy to pick up but it was delicious. My husband had the french dip. They have a full bar. I will say the only negative was that they allow dogs to dine outside on the patio which I normally don't mind but one was barking constantly. If you don't like dogs right next to you while eating, eat inside.

San Diego
“A decent lunch choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

After strolling through town we chose this spot for lunch since they offered outdoor seating. We had a short wait but grateful for a nice patio table. The menu provides a good selection of items including salads and sandwiches. The prices were ok, but perhaps a bit on the higher end. I think we enjoyed the view, sunshine and fresh air more than the actual meal itself. It was good but not great or memorable. Service was ok. The inside of this restaurant appears to be somewhat dated and could probably use a remodel but it seemed comfortable enough. They do have a full bar and good wine selection with reasonable prices.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Central Arizona, Arizona
“An excellent choice in Idyllwild”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had a 7:00 o'clock reservation and arrived early on a Sunday night and we were quickly escorted to a lovely table in the main dining room. The menu provided a great variety of choices. We shared the steamed whole artichoke. It was quite good. My wife had the idaho trout and she said that it was the best trout that she has ever had. I had the top sirloin and it was lean, cooked well and very tasty.The vegetables were well cooked.
The wine list was good too.
The prices were very reasonable and I would highly recommend this restaurant.