“As good as it gets in Idyllwild”
Review of Gastrognome

Gastrognome
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Idyllwild
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

The menu is extensive. You can have anything from surf & turf to eggplant parm. I've eaten here several times and I haven't had a bad meal whether it's lunch or dinner. The food isn't going to WOW you but it's consistent. Love the old rustic look and dining outside.

2  Thank Nels
There are newer reviews for Gastrognome

Reviewed 20 August 2014

After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, we drove to Idyllwild just to visit this place. There are lots of tables outside under umbrellas. When we were there, on a weekday for lunch, these tables were busy. So... we went inside. It is quite nice inside with lots of tiny Gnomes in various locations including on the mantel of the fireplace. We had fish entrees that were quite good. The trout was delicious. Afterwards, I had a wonderful bananas Foster, which is not available in most restaurants since it takes a bit of preparation. It was worth the wait. We recommend this restaurant to anyone in the area or who wants a lovely mountain drive.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

The trip advisor question about 'best meals ever' is really asking too much for this restaurant, but it was a very good meal, that's why I gave the establishment 5 stars. First time visit to this small mountain town near Hemet, CA and we really enjoyed our meal at Gastro. I had the chicken/almond salad and it was very good. Fresh lettuce and great dressing. My wife had her fave meal, angel hair pasta with tomatoes and basil. It was good, too. Every thing was good!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I've eaten at the restaurant several times. I've always had breakfast which has been excellent. The service is great and there is outdoor seating. My last meal was the bacon scramble, with bacon, sauteed onions, spinach and scrambled eggs....and their home style potatoes go great with this dish!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I have been going the "Nome" for about 20 years. Not once have I ever been disappointed. Yes, it is funky mountain town decor, but unpretentious, friendly, funky, great service and amazing food. The sausage pasta is to die for and I crave it enough sometimes to drive up from Palm Desert just to have it. Just go and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere and excellent food.