“Food was good, service was excellent!”

Arriba Enterprise Mexican
Ranked #23 of 42 Restaurants in Idyllwild
Cuisines: Mexican
El Cajon, California
“Food was good, service was excellent!”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We ate at Arriba's on 8/1 and found that the food quality was good. Not fantastic, but good. Better yet was the service. Upon arrival, we noted a very large party of 20+ people and we thought that this group would negatively affect our experience. The wait staff at Arriba's worked very hard to take care of everyone. Our order was taken in a timely fashion and food preparation and delivery was quick. We were happy with our meal and applaud the friendly hard-working staff. We will return!!

• Visited August 2013

Idyllwild, California
“I get sick there.”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We have tried this place twice and both times I have gotten very sick after leaving there. Sorry but I will not return.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Going4fun
Thousand Palms, California, United States
“Just About the Best Chile Colorado Ever!”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Arriba Mexican Food (sometimes called "Arriba's" -- I don't know where the "Enterprise" came from because this place doesn't look anything like a space ship) is kind of upstairs on the north end of downtown Idyllwild, right on Highway 243. They have large wooden decks on either side of the restaurant for those who prefer to dine alfresco; the interior doesn't have much in the way of a motif except for a couple of wall plaques denoting some kind of Aztec mythos. They could definitely use the services of a professional interior designer.

We originally came here because of a flyer advertising a $4.25 breakfast special, but when we saw the lunch specials at $4.50 and $6.50 we quickly changed our minds. The chips were OK, but the salsa was much too watery. My wife ordered her customary Chile Relleno for $4.50 and I opted for my favorite, Chile Colorado, for only $6.50; both came with fluffy rice and refried beans. Both were delivered on 12-by-9-inch oval platters and mine had a side of flour tortillas. Holy guacamole! This was probably the best Chile Colorado I've ever had! The meat was tender and perfectly seasoned. If it had a bit of shredded lettuce and a dollop of sour cream on top, I could have sworn I had died and gone to Heaven - or at least East Los Angeles! There was much too much food for me to eat, so I had it boxed up to go. But when I went to the counter to pay, I forgot to go back to the table to get the box. By the time I realized my mistake, they had cleaned up the table and threw the leftovers away. Now I want to make the trip back to Idyllwild to get some more of Arriba's fabulous Chile Colorado - better quality and half the price I would pay in Palm Springs!

• Visited August 2012
Murrieta, California
“Really average”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Everything about this restaurant was average except for the service, which was below average. The waitress made us feel like we were imposing on her by asking a few questions. We wanted to leave, but felt obligated to order something. We ordered the Mexican pizza, which was tasty but nothing to write home about. Next time we are in Idyllwild, we will definitely find somewhere else to eat.

• Visited May 2013
Bermuda Dunes, California
“Great value”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Excellent value for pretty decent Mexican food. Good portion size . Helpful and friendly staff.
Lunch deals are amazing.