“Montezuma's Revenge Alert!”
Review of Arriba Enterprise Mexican - CLOSED

Arriba Enterprise Mexican
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 30 September 2013

After rave reviews from a local and the press, Mom and I tried Arriba's yesterday afternoon for lunch, passing up La Casita which had better curb appeal. Both of us came down with Montezuma's Revenge that night -- up for hours with painful bowel cramping and non-stop runs -- spent at least 30 minutes trying to recover while laying on the floor of my shower with water running over me - too weak too stand. Mom is 81 years old and was up for 4 hours intermittently. The menus were filthy and we should have left as soon as we saw that. The back patio was dirty. The tostada was the WORST tostada I've ever had. INDEED THIS IS A GREASY SPOON! Friendly service no doubt -- POOR quality food with dubious hygeine. Regretfully, we will NEVER go back to this place and feel obligated to let other's know of our experience. NOT WORTH IT : (

3  Thank Elaine R

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Great food! Homemade tamales, home made sauces, and the chili colorado was superb! Wait staff attentive, the place has lots of indoor and out door seating.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

We ate at Arriba's on 8/1 and found that the food quality was good. Not fantastic, but good. Better yet was the service. Upon arrival, we noted a very large party of 20+ people and we thought that this group would negatively affect our experience. The wait staff at Arriba's worked very hard to take care of everyone. Our order was taken in a timely fashion and food preparation and delivery was quick. We were happy with our meal and applaud the friendly hard-working staff. We will return!!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We have tried this place twice and both times I have gotten very sick after leaving there. Sorry but I will not return.

2  Thank Going4fun
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Arriba Mexican Food (sometimes called "Arriba's" -- I don't know where the "Enterprise" came from because this place doesn't look anything like a space ship) is kind of upstairs on the north end of downtown Idyllwild, right on Highway 243. They have large wooden decks on either side of the restaurant for those who prefer to dine alfresco; the interior doesn't have much in the way of a motif except for a couple of wall plaques denoting some kind of Aztec mythos. They could definitely use the services of a professional interior designer.

We originally came here because of a flyer advertising a $4.25 breakfast special, but when we saw the lunch specials at $4.50 and $6.50 we quickly changed our minds. The chips were OK, but the salsa was much too watery. My wife ordered her customary Chile Relleno for $4.50 and I opted for my favorite, Chile Colorado, for only $6.50; both came with fluffy rice and refried beans. Both were delivered on 12-by-9-inch oval platters and mine had a side of flour tortillas. Holy guacamole! This was probably the best Chile Colorado I've ever had! The meat was tender and perfectly seasoned. If it had a bit of shredded lettuce and a dollop of sour cream on top, I could have sworn I had died and gone to Heaven - or at least East Los Angeles! There was much too much food for me to eat, so I had it boxed up to go. But when I went to the counter to pay, I forgot to go back to the table to get the box. By the time I realized my mistake, they had cleaned up the table and threw the leftovers away. Now I want to make the trip back to Idyllwild to get some more of Arriba's fabulous Chile Colorado - better quality and half the price I would pay in Palm Springs!