“Merci de la France EU jusqu'a MEXICO DF”
Review of Arriba Enterprise Mexican - CLOSED

Arriba Enterprise Mexican
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The best place in the nountain, BRAVO, depuis l'Europe de la France jusqu'au Mexique c'est Merveilleux.

We have been all over an as a European, I must say this is a great place. We have been in this place for the last 15 years and tell all our friends about is.

You will NEVER be disappointed. BRAVOI

Reviewed 13 April 2014

My family and I stop at Arribas every time we visit Idyllwild, and we are never disappointed. The salsa is flavorful with just the right amount of spicy. The cheese enchiladas have good flavor, tacos are crispy and filled with tender pieces of beef or chicken, and the albondigas soup broth is excellent. The customer service is one of the best I've experienced in Idyllwild. The service is fast, and the staff always make us feel welcomed.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Sitting on the deck combined with excellent service, this Mexican restaurant would pass the test for what most gringos expect to experience when looking for "south of the border" cuisine. The endless bowl of chips was accompanied by a tasty salsa that most would enjoy. Breakfast dishes are served all day. Their Huevos Rancheros were good although a bit bland. In a similar way, although the chili rellano was lightly battered and well cooked, it, unfortunately, lacked the heat I like in a pepper. Covering it with a ranchero sauce and cheese only hid the real flavor of the chili. The best dish we ordered included their chili verde. It was tender and an item I would order anytime. An excellent salsa verde highlighted the pork. All in all, Arriba gives the diner the typical Mexican food experience one finds in most restaurants. It's unfortunate that American taste has morphed Mexican food into a product that few of our neighbors to the south would recognize. With this caveat, I think most people would enjoy eating at Arriba. Too much time spent in Mexico has tainted my expectations for what I think is "authentic".

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Went there by default. La Casitas was closed. Much of the town was closed or closing up. Business must really be down. Food adequate, not great.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

After rave reviews from a local and the press, Mom and I tried Arriba's yesterday afternoon for lunch, passing up La Casita which had better curb appeal. Both of us came down with Montezuma's Revenge that night -- up for hours with painful bowel cramping and non-stop runs -- spent at least 30 minutes trying to recover while laying on the floor of my shower with water running over me - too weak too stand. Mom is 81 years old and was up for 4 hours intermittently. The menus were filthy and we should have left as soon as we saw that. The back patio was dirty. The tostada was the WORST tostada I've ever had. INDEED THIS IS A GREASY SPOON! Friendly service no doubt -- POOR quality food with dubious hygeine. Regretfully, we will NEVER go back to this place and feel obligated to let other's know of our experience. NOT WORTH IT : (

3  Thank Elaine R