“Yumm!”
Review of Higher Grounds

Higher Grounds
Ranked #2 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Idyllwild
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Best latte I have had in a while! They have really good salty pickles too! Loved that this place was open until 9PM where all other places closed at 5PM.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We decided to go into town from our hotel Sunday morning as I was desperate for a Latte. Found Higher Grounds on TA so stopped in. The atmosphere was cute and decorated very appropriately for Idyllwild. I don't agree with a previous reviewer who said nothing special. It has a nice atmosphere.

Ordered a Latte and a Pumpkin Muffin. Latte came with a thin layer of foam quickly gone. When I bit into the muffin I took two bites and then re-wrapped it. It was dry, little taste and a big disappointment. Nothing moist about it.

My husband and I sat down on the couch while I drank my Latte conversing with a gentleman from San Diego. I noticed that there are 3 two-seat tables in the center of the room to sit at. This restaurant had been open for only an hour and a half and two of the three tables were covered in crumbs and there were more crumbs embedded in the carpet on the floor. In addition the tables looked like they had gone awry, not neatly lined up. It looked dirty.

I took that over-priced muffin home and nuked it with some butter that made it then barely edible.

We won't be back. Idyllwild has too many places to go to. Skip this one!