“Best local getaway!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Idyllwild
Strawberry Creek Inn
Ranked #7 of 9 Idyllwild B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My husband and I live a fast-paced life and my husband, in particular, works 70+ hours a week so getting "away" is a necessity for us. We went to the Strawberry Creek Inn for a weekday get-a-way and fell in absolute love with Strawberry Creek Inn!! I loved the location, I loved the people, I loved the town. The hammocks that were provided were amazing and so relaxing. My FAVORITE part was reading through other people's memories while we had wine. We stayed up and laughed all night long. We loved the experience so much that we are sending his daughter there for a birthday present. Highly recommend!!

Room Tip: Next time we are trying the cabin! They dont have a fitness center
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Nicole C

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Would probably try another place next time (if we ever go back to Idyllwild). Place is nice, Santa Fe room was small but pleasant, although you might want to bring your own pillows if you are used to soft & fluffy under your head at night. Bed was also hard and if that was a "queen", then I'm Queen Latifah! Also, maybe not doing laundry in the room right next door at 8 am when the guest is showering would ensure that the guest have the warm water they need to finish off! However, breakfast was charming and a walk along creek in back was relaxing.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Debra S
Marc K, Group General Manager at Strawberry Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2017

Please note that as of mid December 2016, the inn is under new ownership and management.

We apologize for the disappointing experience you had with the prior ownership and management.

Many enhancements and renovations have been done or are coming spring/summer 2017, with over a quarter million dollars in upgrades and improvements during off-days when guests are not present! We've already completed installation of brand new carpeting throughout, including designer carpeting in the dining room, total renovation of all hardwood floors which now sparkle, and complete repainting and modernizing of the guest room wall palette in the main inn house while retaining the historic character.

Our team hopes you'll give us another try this season; we think you'll be pleasantly surprised by all the great improvements and upgrades.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

My husband and I came to stay a couple nights the night after we got married. We just got home from our getaway and we're still reeling about how perfect this Bed & Breakfast was. It was SO wonderful. From the second you drive up you can feel the energy of this haven pulling you in. The entire property is warm and Ian and Rodney are gracious hosts. The Inn has it's own chickens [so fun to watch] and the breakfast is amazing. We fell in love right away and would recommend ANYONE to stay at this Inn. It was quiet, romantic, and simply lovely.

Room Tip: We loved the Autumn room. Felt like home.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amber H
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I attended a writing workshop here and am dying to go back. Rodney and Ian are fabulous hosts who have created this cozy and comfortable Inn in an idyllic setting. The food was fabulous (but don't plan to stick to your diet). My room was simple yet comfortable and homey. I stayed in the Nancy room. The mattress is great, btw. I highly recommend the Strawberry Creek Inn. It's also within walking distance of town and has a trail out back. Oh and the eggs come straight from their own chickens (don't worry, no roosters on the premises). Delicious. You'll love it here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank moldovakat
Reviewed 5 October 2013

So close to the congestion and noise of the city yet you feel so far removed in this mountain hideaway. The room was well appointed and comfortable. The common areas in the main bldg are comfortable, warm, and inviting, and the breakfasts unbeatable. Also several real nice restaurants in the town center of Idyllwild and all within walking distance. We stayed in mid August during the weekend of the annual jazz festival so the town was probably a little more lively than usual. I'm thinking this would be a great place to park it on a cold wintry weekend. The exterior of the bldg and the grounds could use a little TLC but that doesn't detract from the experience at all. I would go again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FredO764
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed in the evergreen room. It was connected to the main house but also had its own entrance and small patio. It was on the first floor. It was a very cozy room with a big fireplace. The bed was extra comfortable and the sheets were wonderful. The breakfasts were very yummy. We had a peach French toast and chicken sausage on the first day and a egg puff and fresh fruit and bisquits on the second morning. Even my picky husband enjoyed the breakfasts. Our hosts were very nice. The cons of the place were that I was never really sure how to contact my hosts with a question. I think they should have given directions when we checked in. The room was cold at night and in the morning and there was no heater in the room. We did have a fireplace but they had no logs for sale. My husband had to walk to the gas station in the dark. There were enough blankets but I would have liked a space heater. We had our own bath and shower but the shower was teeny. You could not bend down to wash your feet. I waited to get home to shave my legs. We loved the bench swing out front. We spent a few hours in that swing. It was cozy. We also liked the proximity to town. You could walk there easily.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and heard lots of foot traffic from the rooms above us. I would choose a...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Michaelshoney
Reviewed 16 September 2013

A dream come true. Located in the forest just off the road the property has lots of places to relax and unwind with benches, seats, and hammocks under the tall pines. The accommodations were superb, nice comfortable bed, plenty of privacy, and a large roomy home atmosphere where gathering with the others at this B&B is easy. It is a short walk to town via the Strawberry Creek Trail or just up the road. It is quiet, refreshing, and kept in fantastic condition.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the smaller Oak Tree Room with the beautiful window seat and second floor views.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple