“Fun Atmosphere”
Review of The Tin Fish

The Tin Fish
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Fun walk out on the pier. Food was good, not amazing, but still tasty. Average priced. Enjoyed the sunset view.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Love to watch them make from scratch. The fish tacos are so wonderful too. Wish we knew how they make that awesome slaw that is in there so we could make it ourselves between trips there. So far, everything there has been great! And a great place to chill with family after a day of fun and sun at the beach. : )
it's kind of like a Neptune's Net charming kinda place, only it's at the end of acool pier in Imperial beach!

Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

We wanted to sit on the pier, so we picked this place. The cashier was kind of dirty and he was wearing an apron that was all greasy and disgusting... I wanted to walk away, but my husband really wanted to stay there. So we ordered fried oysters, frilled salmon and sword fish. They make you pay right away, so I only left him 10% tip because I Didn't know what to expect. Total bill was $55. That also included 2 beers.

The oysters were the ones that you can buy in a jar in a supermarket, like $5 for a huge jar. The plate had 8 of them and we could barely eat half of that. It was bad.

The fish was all right. I barely are it.

The main attraction is the view, the surfers, the fisher man, the waves, the birds that we ended up feeding most of our food to. That's is the only reason this place got poor review from me, not horrible.

My advise: bring food from somewhere else and enjoy it there. Or grab a snack from that place, don't waste your money on food

1  Thank elelena2014
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Looking for a local spot for a no meat Friday, we scored! All the meals we ordered were great and my kids who don't even like fish asked for more. Prices are very reasonable and you will not leave hungry!

Reviewed 10 February 2013

Imperial Beach is at the end of the 9 mile spit from Coronado. It is really sweet spot. We went out to the end of Imperial beach pier for lunch at the Tin Fish. I had a giant shrimp taco & a calamari taco for $4.50 each. My husband had cod, waffle cut fries, & coleslaw for $10.95. We each had a 16 oz. draft Kirin beer for $.4.00. Quite a feast for a very low price! Entertainment was provided by the people catching fish off the edge of the pier.