“Did not eat here”
Review of The Tin Fish

The Tin Fish
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
East Hampton, New York
“Did not eat here”
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

I can't comment on the food because after we walked out to the end of the pier, we saw that it was a grubby take away counter. Not what I had in mind, I wanted to sit down and enjoy the view without fighting seagulls. So maybe the food is great, but I was disappointed by the atmosphere.

Visited February 2014

“Fun Atmosphere”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Fun walk out on the pier. Food was good, not amazing, but still tasty. Average priced. Enjoyed the sunset view.

Visited January 2014
Friendswood, Texas
“real hand cut fresh onion rings!”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Love to watch them make from scratch. The fish tacos are so wonderful too. Wish we knew how they make that awesome slaw that is in there so we could make it ourselves between trips there. So far, everything there has been great! And a great place to chill with family after a day of fun and sun at the beach. : )
it's kind of like a Neptune's Net charming kinda place, only it's at the end of acool pier in Imperial beach!

• Visited May 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Bad food, overpriced”
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

We wanted to sit on the pier, so we picked this place. The cashier was kind of dirty and he was wearing an apron that was all greasy and disgusting... I wanted to walk away, but my husband really wanted to stay there. So we ordered fried oysters, frilled salmon and sword fish. They make you pay right away, so I only left him 10% tip because I Didn't know what to expect. Total bill was $55. That also included 2 beers.

The oysters were the ones that you can buy in a jar in a supermarket, like $5 for a huge jar. The plate had 8 of them and we could barely eat half of that. It was bad.

The fish was all right. I barely are it.

The main attraction is the view, the surfers, the fisher man, the waves, the birds that we ended up feeding most of our food to. That's is the only reason this place got poor review from me, not horrible.

My advise: bring food from somewhere else and enjoy it there. Or grab a snack from that place, don't waste your money on food

1 Thank elelena2014
Helsinki
“Amazing mahi tacos!”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Looking for a local spot for a no meat Friday, we scored! All the meals we ordered were great and my kids who don't even like fish asked for more. Prices are very reasonable and you will not leave hungry!

• Visited March 2013