“Perfect Runaway weekend”

Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had a perfectly wonderful weekend. I highly recommend the villas over the main hotel. The Oasis Adult pool was a wonderful surprise. We rented a cabana. $85 for the and worth every cent. The poolside food and drinks were great. Highly recommend the nachos, fish tacos and diamond margaritas. Dinner and Breakfast at Lantana were excellent. The bar was fun in and completely devoid of a pick up joint. Good music and nice crowd of people of all ages. The service was outstanding all over the resort.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 October 2013

From a welcoming staff to outstanding banquet food, our weekend stay was memorable.
Clean comfortable rooms with great golf and pool views.
Convenient conference rooms.
The location is perfect for a conference, and reasonably close to other more touristy attractions.
Couples with young kids also enjoyed the location and amenities.

Room Tip: Ours overlooked the golf course - very quiet. ( could be some noise near the patio at night if ther...
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We just returned from a weekend getaway to the Hyatt Regency Indian Wells. We went for one reason only - for the kids to beat the heat all day in the extensive pool area while we adults lounged around. Every seat at the pool area was occupied with families there for the same purpose. At 3:30 on Saturday (just when the weather was perfect), we were informed by a member of the catering staff that they were closing the pools for a private event, and that we would have to relocate immediately to one of the 2 smaller pools that would remain open. We were told if we wanted to be at a larger pool, they would gladly shuttle us to the Esmerelda next door. Really? Had I known in advance that the pool was going to be closed that early, I would have booked us at the Esmerelda so the kids could play all day. We moved to one of the two small pools that remained open, but we were not able to get enough chairs for our family. The front desk refunded our resort fee for the day, but I really think that those pools should not be closed to hotel guests, and if they are they should tell us when the hotel is being booked.
Tip: if you do go to the family pool area and you are looking for shade, the shadiest spot all day is in the smoking section. Nobody was smoking while we were there.
We stayed in one of ground floor villas which are "tired" and can use some updating, but it was good space for our family and easy access to the pool area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Supertravelmom2
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed in a penthouse suite (essentially a double room) and thus had access to the Regency lounge. Unlike other hotel chains, the food in the Regency lounge was gourmet quality and excellent. Evening heavy appetizers were enough for us to skip dinner. Helps pay for the room.

The spa is impressive. We are not "pool people" but we did notice on a prior trip that the smaller adult pool area was crammed full of people, while the much larger family pool area was uncrowded and fairly quiet.

I think the valet parking operation is an independent contractor, which would help explain why the guy who greets you and helps take your luggage out of the car is different from the guy who takes you to your room. The staff is friendly, and nearly every staff member smiles and says hello when passing in the hallway.

Really nothing to complain about. We will be back.

Room Tip: Penthouse includes access to the Regency lounge.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
ServiceManager44600, Manager at Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

Dear LLBean314,

Thanks for the 5 star review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our service and the many features of the resort. Our goal is to help you Relax, Play and Indulge and unwind from your busy life!
It's funny how the adult pool (over 18) sometimes gets more crowded than the other 4 pools whether we have families with children in house or not. I guess it's allure of peace and quiet.

If I may clarify a point please, the Penthouse suite does not typically inlcude Regency Club. Regency Club is an additional charge of $75 per night for extensive breakfast offerings, all day snacks and non-alcoholic beverages, and an evening offering of hors d'oeuvres and sweet treats.

Thanks for the kind words- we look forward to welcoming you back !

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed there and everyone was extremely nice and went out of their way to make our trip wonderful. Beautiful place with great food, nice pools and very comfortable beds. Everyone in the family loved it.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Chad S
Reviewed 11 October 2013

It was all excellent except for one thing - the shower. Not hot enough, and low water pressure. I couldn't get the hot water to come on...you have to put the dial in the center if you want hot water, not on the far right or the far left. For some reason I couldn't figure that out. The room was great (love the step-down living room) and I was given access to the VIP lounge without even asking for it or paying for it. The staff were all extremely friendly. Every single one I encountered, even in passing, was so nice. I don't think I've ever been to a nicer hotel. It's not a cheap hotel and it's definitely one of the nicer Hyatts (I've stayed in many Hyatts that were not very nice.) Hopefully I'll have occasion to go back there again sometime.

Dear LEON,

Thank you for your praise of our friendly staff. We think they are pretty terrific, too! I apologize for any difficulty with your shower controls and would love to have the opportunity to inspect that room fully with our engineering team to have it corrected. Plesae email me at champquality@hyatt.com if you have a chance so I can reference your "real name" or room number.
Wow- lucky you for getting the Regency Club without a charge! That wouldn't typically be our business goal but I hope you enjoyed the complimentary upgrade. Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Indian Wells and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stayed here to celebrate the first birthday for my little boy with husband.
Here Hyatt regency Indian wells resort was awesome.
Clean,friendly,nice amenities,etc. I like this place a lot.i definitely come back whenever I visit Palm Springs.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Been to Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!