“Fabulous Getaway”

Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I was in town for a wedding and spent 3 nights here with girlfriends. The staff was wonderful, everyone was cheerful and helpful. The hotel itself was beautiful and well maintained, our room had great views and the beds were super comfy. I loved the open air gym and the pools and hot tub. Unfortunately, I did not have time to got to the spa but did walk through and the grounds are stunning. I will definitely be back in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Reviewed 29 October 2013

This hotel may have the best service I have ever experienced. It is clear their mission statement is to ensure every guest is happy, and they go above and beyond to follow through. I needed water - in two minutes a valet had water at the door. My air conditioner was making a buzz noise; they offered to put me in an even nicer room. And that's the double bonus - all the rooms are great (I prefer a view of the golf course in the main building rather than the pool). The pillows and bedding are luxurious, and the view is nice. But if you can splurge just a little, I totally advise one of the villas. They are so serene and gorgeously decorated with a very modern feel. Huge bathrooms with a separate tub and giant stone-tiled shower and plenty of fluffy white towels. There are seven swimming pools, and one is reserved for just adults. The only area that could use a little attention is the Spa, which is on the Hyatt grounds. I did not actually get a massage there, but three of my group members did and all of them said there was much room for improvement. Nevertheless, I would absolutely come back here again and again, and I will! I can't say enough about the outstanding service from every single member of the staff.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My wife and I had a chance to spend two nights at the resort towards the middle of October and the stay was phenomenal. The renovations the resort has undertaken over the last 10 years is remarkable and it truly feels like a resort. The staff was also remarkable.

There are three pools for people to choose from - one for adults exclusively - one for all, and a pool and slide for kids only. From a design perspective they did a great job allowing people to be in different areas. The only downside about the adult pool was it was colder than anticipated (low 70's). The staff around the pool were very kind, but very busy and at times had to flag them down.

The rooms were remarkable as we chose to stay in a 1-bedroom villa. The layout of the room, bathroom and living room were great, but the best part was having a jacuzzi in the patio, which was about 700 square feet (65 square meters). The patio was quiet with walls and at night were were able to sit outside and admire the cloudless sky and watch stars. The only negative item to state about the room are related to the bedroom pillows as they were a bit too thick, which at times caused an uncomfortable rest. Overall though, the rooms are a classy and comfortable.

The restaurant, Lantana, had very good food - the fish tacos were phenomenal.

Overall the staff was incredibly helpful and while there were some minor issues, the experience was great. Definitely planning on coming back with extended family and making a long weekend of it.

Room Tip: The villas on the west/southwest side along the golf course were great - not only for the views, but...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JDSoui
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights in May. The staff on check in were very friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is very nice, clean and comfortable. All the staff around the pools were great, and the adult pool area was very pleasant. The bar staff were very friendly, an impromptu tequila lesson was very much enjoyed, and they serve the best fish tacos! The restaurant served good, fresh food

Room Tip: Choose a pool room
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

After being disappointed with our first hotel in Palm Springs, we booked the two remaining nights of our trip at the Hyatt Regency Indian Wells. We were very happy with the location - just 25 minutes outside of Palm Springs with plenty of attractions and restaurants within easy driving distance to keep us busy. We also loved the Adult Pool; poolside service offered delicious drinks and snacks. Our hotel room was very clean and modern.

There were only two downsides: 1) our last night at the hotel, we were apparently placed with all of the hotel's wedding guests (there were two hotels at the resort that evening) and we were awoken multiple times by noisy guests returning to their rooms and entertaining themselves in the hallway (the third time, around 3am, I called hotel security as the guests were getting out of hand). And 2) at some point in the middle of the night our air conditioning shut off. This is bad news in desert heat - it was fixed after the sliding door to the patio was opened and re-shut (resetting the sensor). I know the hotel only has limited control over these - and the staff was extremely helpful and responsive when we asked for assistance. They did what they could to remedy the issues.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Palm Desert/Indian Wells. It had great facilities/amenities, and I think it would be perfect for families with children, too (they had all sorts of fun events planned such as a "dive-in" movie night while we were there).

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Just came back from an extended weekend trip, we stayed in one of their villa's.
The villa comes with a hot tub on the patio my kids enjoyed it tremendously, they were in it every day.
We used the pools, which had none of the problems with cleanliness we had read about. They have 7 different pools with varying temps.
Grounds are beautiful I had almost no complaints.......
So here it comes, the villa's come with butler service, which to me was just an extension of housekeeping, they would come and bring us ice and complimentary drinks, however only once a day. by the time you got back in the evening the ice had already all melted. Seemed like we were having to constantly be behind and asking them for the basics, the kitchen to be restocked with dishes after they hauled the dirty ones away and of course ice. The last day we paid for a half day in order to stay till 6. What a great service, totally worth it, its like your adding on a whole day without spending the night, they let us stay till 8, kudos to the hotel, but no service that day at all :(
Our Butler however was very friendly when we did ask him to do things for us and went above and beyond.
The villa was very clean, towels and beds smelled very fresh..........
We had a microwave, small fridg. and coffee maker this was a life saver as the food in the Hotel is beyond awful and outrageously priced!
1st night we spend over $100 for 3 small meals and a couple of drinks, we couldn't finish most because it just didn't taste good. Next day we were hopeful and tried the restaurant for breakfast, food came out luke warm with ice cold undercooked bacon for the kids. Sent it back they cooked the same bacon some more, well at least it was warm then, after breakfast the stomach ache started which stayed with me for the whole day and throughout the night. We were done eating there, stocked our fridg and went out for dinner.
I would gladly stay there again, but will get meals somewhere else.

Room Tip: Go for a villa if you can afford to...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Trudy G
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had a perfectly wonderful weekend. I highly recommend the villas over the main hotel. The Oasis Adult pool was a wonderful surprise. We rented a cabana. $85 for the and worth every cent. The poolside food and drinks were great. Highly recommend the nachos, fish tacos and diamond margaritas. Dinner and Breakfast at Lantana were excellent. The bar was fun in and completely devoid of a pick up joint. Good music and nice crowd of people of all ages. The service was outstanding all over the resort.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage

Been to Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!