“Lovely Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
California
“Lovely Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I took my 10 year old niece to RER for her 10th birthday present. When we arrived at the hotel, I told them that we were celebrating her birthday and the front desk clerk was so sweet to her and she upgraded us to a beautiful room overlooking the pool with a really large balcony on the top floor. Well we did what any 10 year old wants to do and immediately went to the pool. It was crowded but we were able to find chairs and it was so inviting. We stayed in there for hours. The beds were extremely comfortable after a day by the pool and the bathroom was very large. I liked that it had a separate toliet area with a closed door. The resort grounds are lovely and I would definitely stay there again. I named my own price on Priceline and got the room for $100 less then the asking price.

Room Tip: 7010 was nice
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great hotel - very large. Pool area is fantastic - tons of chairs, a bunch of different type of pools (hot tub, pools with water falls, sand beach, etc.). Good balance between couples and families. Overall, a great place to enjoy a fun crowd that isn't too rowdy. We stayed in a pool front view and we were happy we did. We heard that many of the rooms that were not pool front were on the other side of the hotel far from the pool area.

Room Tip: pool view is great...means you'll be close to the pool. We heard the golf course views were very...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was here for four days for work followed by some leisure and can not speak highly enough of the hotel. The rooms were large and well appointed, the staff very friendly and their banquet & events people were very attentive. The restaurants were of a high quality, a little pricey, but the view from everywhere made up for it. The pool looked delightful, I just didn;t have time to enjoy it! The perfect venue for work, couples of families as it caters to everyone.

Room Tip: Go for a corner king or a corner queen - they're a little bigger and have great views of the poo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Walnut, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

My wife and I recently stayed here on a 3 day business conference; the grounds were laid out nice and impeccably maintained. The resort was located within a short distance of nice restaurants and clubs, we enjoyed the live music at the Hyatt located next door.

I think I was there on a busy weekend because the front desk phone calls often went to voice mail? And one evening we could not get a hold of room service after trying for 30 minutes, Oh well it was probably for the better as I didn’t need the late night extra calories.
We enjoyed the pool bar and the waterfall that creates a comfortable mist in this desert heat.

All in all we would stay here again.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the Broken Yoke restaurant for breakfast, down the street.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank John M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

My wife enjoy a little R and R here once or twice a year for a mini-vacay with the kids. Awesome pool with a beach and plenty of area for the kids to burn off some pent up energy! Great staff and very clean. Highly recommend nice break from the norm. Thanks!

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank 229jayk
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

The grounds of this hotel are exquisite and makes a beautiful impression right away. The view from our room overlooked the small lake and golf green with the majestic mountains in the backdrop, it was just gorgeous. The room was a typical Marriot room, nothing wrong there, but not really "special" (except for the view). The issue with this hotel that I did not like, is that all the rooms wrap around the public areas of the hotel, which means that you always hear the activity coming from the bar, lobby and shops. In our case, we heard the partying until 2am. Since this was a stop in a long road trip, that party atmosphere did not work for us.

Room Tip: Ask for the mountain view rooms on the top floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kathleen A
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel which was booked for us for a wedding. The price was reasonable, the pool was amazing and our room was extremely clean and roomy. Great view of the pool. An extremely beautiful property. I thought I was in Hawaii. Great breakfast buffet. The greatest complement I can give is to all of the hotel staff. Everyone was so friendly and over-the-top helpful. We want to especially thank Dean and Sergio. Sergio went out of way to assist us with a Hertz rental car. We had trouble getting a hold of Hertz and Sergio was on the phone immediately to assist us. Not his responsibility. Then, Sergio literally ran to get the car for us so we wouldn't be late for our wedding. Dean, the bellman, was the friendliest guy ever. I was there with my elderly mom. And every day he would say hello to us and check on us if we were in the lobby or waiting for our car. He was genuinely friendly. The staff made our stay. I've stayed at many, many hotels, but this hotel's staff were the friendliest and the seemed to love their job. I will definitely be back and wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to anyone who is in the Palm Desert area.

Room Tip: The main towers (In the main building) are really nice
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Wells
The Westin Desert Willow Villas
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa

Been to Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!