“Nice Resort”

Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
Reviewed 31 May 2014

It's nice to have a resort like this in such close proximity to where we live in Orange County. My wife and I spent a weekend here for our anniversary and felt very much like we had traveled to a far more exotic destination like Hawaii or Cabo. We booked through priceline and were able to get a room for only $120 a night, so I really can't complain about anything when you consider the going rate was $289 a night. This also means my value rating is through the roof.
We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful but not as well 'trained' in service (saw staff of room service eating a sandwich in the hall between cleaning rooms, not everyone greets you as you pass them, etc.) as some nicer resorts we have stayed at, but we are not really put off by that as much as others might be. When you consider that there was at least one wedding and one trade show occurring while we were there and we really never felt crowded out or anything, I feel like the hotel staff do a great job of making sure everyone is comfortable and the resort is spacious enough to handle such events simultaneously.
Before staying here I looked at some of the comments on here and heard some complaints about the parking. This is a big resort and parking is commensurate with similar properties. This is not a Courtyard or a Hilton Garden Inn. There are touches like manicured grounds, pools, and grand entrances that add to the resort experience which push the parking area further away. If you've stayed at a resort of this size before, you won't be put off by this. I was going to valet the car after reading the reviews until I was told that it was $25 a night. I quickly learned to use the parking garage in the back. Use the lower level at all times so your car is shaded from the desert sun.
There are lots of restaurants very close by making this a great place to get away for the weekend.

Room Tip: Some pool view rooms also look out past the resort and out to the mountains. I wouldn't advise t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CSNBR
Write a ReviewReviews (1,246)

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I've stayed here on three occasions and each time the television has needed a reboot every day. For whatever reason, the majority of the HD channels are blocked and the front desk routinely says "we're having satellite problems". Tired of that response, I insisted tech support come check it out and sure enough...it's not the satellite...it's the hotel. So if you plan to watch HD channels or hook up your computer or anything else like that, just be sure to ask for tech support - they're great.

Room Tip: View of the golf course is great.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
RenaissanceEsmeralda, General Manager at Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you so much for your continued patronage. We are however, very sorry to hear that you have had challenges with the HD channels. We realize this is a problem and are glad to know that our tech support team has been helpful to you this trip and previous visits. The resort is working on a custom TV package and the project is expected to be completed by the end of the summer and will include many new standard and HD channels. We look forward to welcoming you back again one day soon Carolyn.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was our second weekend visit to this hotel.

The resort area is beautiful. However, the room had a light odor (our first stay, the room was not very clean and we asked to change rooms). Also, the walls at this hotel are very thin, which is not a great feature when the hotel is full of young children.

The pool area is fun, but if you are not up at 6am to claim a chair, plan on spending quite some time fighting the dozens of other people looking for one too.

The late checkout policy was disappointing. Although I understand late checkout is never a guarantee, we received a letter with our bill stating that guests will be charged $75 for check outs past the 11am checkout time (11a-1p) and then $100 from 1p-3p.

Not a very friendly policy.

Overall, the resort is great if you are traveling with children. If not, maybe look at other options.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
RenaissanceEsmeralda, General Manager at Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you for your review and we so appreciate your kind words about our team. Memorial weekend was indeed a busy time and we are sorry that there were challenges with finding lounge chairs for your family. It sounds like your pool experience during this time did not live up to the experience we strive to provide and we are very sorry about the altercation with another guest. With regards to seating on your guest room deck, we apologize that the chairs were not available. Please know that in the future, if ever there is anything we can provide to make your guest room more comfortable, any one of our front desk ambassadors will do everything they can to assist. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back one day soon so that we can showcase the resort to you at its best.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I took my 10 year old niece to RER for her 10th birthday present. When we arrived at the hotel, I told them that we were celebrating her birthday and the front desk clerk was so sweet to her and she upgraded us to a beautiful room overlooking the pool with a really large balcony on the top floor. Well we did what any 10 year old wants to do and immediately went to the pool. It was crowded but we were able to find chairs and it was so inviting. We stayed in there for hours. The beds were extremely comfortable after a day by the pool and the bathroom was very large. I liked that it had a separate toliet area with a closed door. The resort grounds are lovely and I would definitely stay there again. I named my own price on Priceline and got the room for $100 less then the asking price.

Room Tip: 7010 was nice
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great hotel - very large. Pool area is fantastic - tons of chairs, a bunch of different type of pools (hot tub, pools with water falls, sand beach, etc.). Good balance between couples and families. Overall, a great place to enjoy a fun crowd that isn't too rowdy. We stayed in a pool front view and we were happy we did. We heard that many of the rooms that were not pool front were on the other side of the hotel far from the pool area.

Room Tip: pool view is great...means you'll be close to the pool. We heard the golf course views were very...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was here for four days for work followed by some leisure and can not speak highly enough of the hotel. The rooms were large and well appointed, the staff very friendly and their banquet & events people were very attentive. The restaurants were of a high quality, a little pricey, but the view from everywhere made up for it. The pool looked delightful, I just didn;t have time to enjoy it! The perfect venue for work, couples of families as it caters to everyone.

Room Tip: Go for a corner king or a corner queen - they're a little bigger and have great views of the poo...
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My wife and I recently stayed here on a 3 day business conference; the grounds were laid out nice and impeccably maintained. The resort was located within a short distance of nice restaurants and clubs, we enjoyed the live music at the Hyatt located next door.

I think I was there on a busy weekend because the front desk phone calls often went to voice mail? And one evening we could not get a hold of room service after trying for 30 minutes, Oh well it was probably for the better as I didn’t need the late night extra calories.
We enjoyed the pool bar and the waterfall that creates a comfortable mist in this desert heat.

All in all we would stay here again.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the Broken Yoke restaurant for breakfast, down the street.
1  Thank John M
3 mi away
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa

Been to Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!