It's nice to have a resort like this in such close proximity to where we live in Orange County. My wife and I spent a weekend here for our anniversary and felt very much like we had traveled to a far more exotic destination like Hawaii or Cabo. We booked through priceline and were able to get a room for only $120 a night, so I really can't complain about anything when you consider the going rate was $289 a night. This also means my value rating is through the roof.
We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful but not as well 'trained' in service (saw staff of room service eating a sandwich in the hall between cleaning rooms, not everyone greets you as you pass them, etc.) as some nicer resorts we have stayed at, but we are not really put off by that as much as others might be. When you consider that there was at least one wedding and one trade show occurring while we were there and we really never felt crowded out or anything, I feel like the hotel staff do a great job of making sure everyone is comfortable and the resort is spacious enough to handle such events simultaneously.
Before staying here I looked at some of the comments on here and heard some complaints about the parking. This is a big resort and parking is commensurate with similar properties. This is not a Courtyard or a Hilton Garden Inn. There are touches like manicured grounds, pools, and grand entrances that add to the resort experience which push the parking area further away. If you've stayed at a resort of this size before, you won't be put off by this. I was going to valet the car after reading the reviews until I was told that it was $25 a night. I quickly learned to use the parking garage in the back. Use the lower level at all times so your car is shaded from the desert sun.
There are lots of restaurants very close by making this a great place to get away for the weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the natural beauty of Indian Wells, California from Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa. Our sophisticated hotel resort is a restful sanctuary set agains the backdrop of the beautiful Coachella Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Esmeralda Hotel Indian Wells
- Renaissance Esmeralda Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa California Desert
- Indian Wells Renaissance