“Almost there”

Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I was there for 5 nights with a group. The hotel is in great condition and the staff are very friendly. Many that I spoke to had problems with their door locks, I had mine torn apart and replaced as I could not get into my room.

I had some urgent business communications to attend to but I (and others) could not send even the most simple email despite a fairly strong wifi signal.

These things were only minor annoyances and the staff apologized profusely for the inconvenience.

The biggest concern was the hotel bar. A group of us would come together in the lobby bar after dinner but by 10 pm the staff were pushing us out and shutting down. I guess 10 pm is bedtime in Indian Wells.

The next time I book a beautiful hotel with friendly staff, I will ask if I am able to stay up till 11!

Room Tip: A common problem that I experienced was constant heavy footsteps in the room above me. If this anno...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,608)

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Just spent a fantastic weekend at this resort. We were in room 911 which was the perfect location because literally, the pool and the spa were right outside of our patio. This was a girls' spa weekend, and we went during the off-season. Despite that, the spa itself was quite busy. The accommodations were great and plenty spacious for three women. The service at the restaurant and the spa was impeccable. And let me highly recommend the Map of the Body massage...omg, that was the most blissful experience that I have ever experienced. The only reason I did not give full marks is because for two nights, I awoke to go to the bathroom and I found a couple of bugs (I think silverfish? ) Anyway, stepping on those by accident in the middle of the night barefoot was not the most pleasant. The other reason I did not give full marks is because the entire time there they had issues taking visa debit cards. Not the biggest deal, but horribly inconvenient when you plan your vacation by using a different payment method. Luckily it worked out, but it would have been great if they had let guests know ahead of time since this issue had been going on for several days. Otherwise, it is a great resort and worth going to again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank uncgrad98
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I love this place! The resort is beautiful and the staff are welcoming and helpful. It started with Tom who took my reservation by phone to the staff at check in, and everyone we encountered throughout the resort. We checked in at 11:00 am and our room was ready. The room is spacious, the beds are super comfy and I love the two separate vanity areas with sinks. The pool is my favorite!!! There is always a fun mix of people from singles to couples and families. This is a great place to relax. It is my favorite place in the desert!

Room Tip: I love the 500 building
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I'm not so sure what people are complaining about... I loved my weekend there!
And the hidden fees??? Hmm not so sure what that's about. We weren't charged an extra 20% on anything and parking was only $8 no 28.
The service was great.. The room was nice and comfortable. The pool was salty! Haha but other than that, my boyfriend and I had so much fun!!
Ohh!! And Saturdays they have movie night out at the pool! It was so much fun!! I can't wait to go back again!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The Miramonte Resort is a wonderful hotel with lots of charm. We stayed there for 4 days the week before Memorial Day weekend and wished we would have booked it for the whole week (we also booked 3 days at another hotel in Palm Springs) The pool and grounds are fantastic. Just beautiful! I read the reviews before booking and was a little concerned with the responses about the rooms, but I found them clean, well maintained and very spacious. The large chair next to the bed was cozy for sitting and reading in the evening. Our room had double sinks which made it easy to clean up in the morning. The patio outside our room was perfect for morning coffee and a light lunch. The pool area is the highlight of the resort. Just gorgeous! Plenty of lounge chairs and comfy areas to relax in. The restaurant was amazing...we ate breakfast there twice and I have to say, it was one of the best meals I've ever had. The brulle oatmeal was to die for. I also had the yogurt and fruit and it was fresh and really filling. We spent the whole second day at the pool and wanted to have just a fruit and cheese plate for lunch...something light. They didn't have it on the pool menu, but the restaurant manager said he would put something together for the three of us...WOW! did he put something together... 2 huge platters of cheese, fruit, nuts, and crackers. We had enough for lunch for the next 3 days. I would highly recommend this place...you won't be sorry. We are already planning another visit in November and plan to stay the whole week.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I will never stay here again! My parents have lived in Palm Desert for the past 11 years and I have always stayed with them. This visit I decided to stay at a local resort and used an online booking service. The resort fees were not disclosed up front and I did not discover them until I read reviews after check in. The very reasonable rate turned into something unreasonable for a subpar hotel. The amenities at my parent's retirement community are much nicer than this at this resort. I will be using their pool and workout facility in the morning. I would have been much better off staying at the Motel 6 across the street from my parents and just using their amenities daily. This was a huge disappointment with undisclosed fees for services I will never use! Buyer beware.

Stayed: May 2014
9  Thank Brenda S
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Memorable & Enjoyable Anniversary weekend. The Well Spa left us feeling totally relaxed to start the weekend. My wife and I tried the couples Pittura Festa "painting party" which included 30 minutes to paint eachother with healing colored clays followed by a 1 hour couples massage. In addition to the great fun of the painting party, we both had one of the best massages and overall spa experience we have ever enjoyed. The spay has separate steam rooms and coed warm salt water soaking pools.. My wife and I got Fantastic Support by the Management staff. On a holiday weekend, (ours was Memorial day), things don't always go smooth. The team at MiraMonte did everything they could to make up for some reservation mishaps involving the cabana we reserved as a cornerstone of our trip. Sometimes the response under fire is the only way to judge real character, and the team at MiraMonte faired fantastic. Our thanks to Nate & Aaron who took care of us from the front desk and at the pool! They were sympathetic to our situation and got the right people working with us. In this case, the right person was Thomas (F&B Manager) Thomas turned what was looking like a vacation disaster into a anniversary weekend we will always remember. Great staff, comfortable accommodations, complimentary yoga class (part of resort fee), wonderful spa experience, and an easy to enjoy pool and restaurant experience! As long as you work directly with the Hotel, and skip their booking service, you will love your stay at Miramonte Resort & Well Spa.

Room Tip: If you are choosing between the estate or luxury room.... Estate: Upstairs with small balcony (no c...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
Indian Wells Resort Hotel
Indian Wells Resort Hotel
#4 of 4 in Indian Wells

Been to Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!