All reviewssmall poolgolf coursegated communityin great shapenice roomkitchenetteplay
Reviewed 12 July 2009

I cannot believe the reviews I have just read! My husband & I stayed here for 1 night on a road trip through California & I was very pleasantly surprised as to how safe, comfortable, clean & friendly this resort was. I only wish we could have extended our stay further!
Yes, the bathroom was very small, but WHY would you need room for more than one person as one reviewer complained?!
Anyway, the room for 2 of us was HUGE, 2 queen beds with lots of fluffy pillows & lovely bed linen. Very tastefully decorated too, with a little kitchen area too. We were used to spending $75-85 for motels of a much lesser standard (we paid $77) , so would highly recommend this place.
The staff at the front desk were very friendly & helpful, and the staff at the Golf Shop were delightful - they gave great advice to a non-golfer as I wanted to buy my dad a decent gift.
I cannot recommend this resort highly enough, I would come back any time.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2009

We recently stayed at the Indian Palms CC & Resort. We had a great time and enjoyed dining at the restaurant. We received great discounts for staying at the hotel and definitely took advantage of them while there. The golf was also very pleasant and the course in great shape. The front desk staff was very helpful in making sure we had everything that we needed and gave us some great ideas for things to do. I read some of the other reviews and it appears others are mixing the timeshare units in the resort to the hotel itself. This is unfortunate because I have stayed at other hotels in the area and none have been as well kept and clean as this one. The beds and pillows are the most comfortable I have experienced at any hotel. It is a hidden treasure for sure.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank broadwaychic78
Reviewed 19 January 2009

We stayed at the Indian Palms at the suggestion of our friend, who had invited us down to watch some Polo at the Eldorado Polo club. The Polo club is located about a block away, so it is in an excellent location if you are visiting that part of Indio.

The check-in was fast and efficient, but really indifferent. I expected a little more customer service from a resort. We found our room fairly easily, and it was on the ground floor which was good for me since I have trouble with stairs right now.

The hotel room itself is outdated. I called it 1950's style, that they tried to make shiney. The room was a great size for 2 people, but the bathroom was TINY. It had a fan that sounded like a Yuban can rattling around. The shower could only fit one person comfortably. The sink was outside the bathroom, in the room itself, with very little counterspace to be had. They really need to remodel the bathroom layout - there is definitely enough space within the room to enlarge the bathroom.

There was a refrigerator, very small microwave and coffee maker. There also was a DVD player, which was a very nice bonus feature. I wouldn't term the room renovated, or remodeled - I would call the room redecorated basically. They tried to update the room with granite counter tops, wood furniture and a red accent wall. The bedding was nice, cotton higher count sheets and a down comforter but the bed it self was hard as a rock. The best part was the room had an old fashioned wall unit for an air conditioner, that was very loud. Now that is what I called 1950's style at its best.

We had stayed our first night at a hotel in Old La Quinta, and I can tell you that it was much nicer, albeit a bit pricer. You can see my other review for that hotel if you are interested in a luxury hotel west and north of the Indian Palms resort. We are going back in a few weeks to watch more polo, and room rates will be the deciding factor for me. If I can get the other hotel for the close to the same nightly rate as this hotel, we will be staying there. I am willing to pay a bit more money for a comfortable bed.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank saddith
Reviewed 3 June 2007

We made a timeshare trade for this property which was a two bedroom condo next to a swimming pool at the country club. (not at the hotel on the same property). It was a bt old, but they had been refurbishing. The beds were great, the bathrooms and kitchen still needed some spiffing up, but there's nothing really to complain about. The bar at the golf club had a nice outdoor patio where we had drinks several nights. Very nice. The location of the condo is about 30 minutes from Palm Springs. We were very happy to get the timeshare trade. It was the week of the Dinah Shore (Nabisco) golf tournament and the area was packed full of people. We didn't find the drive to Palm Springs or Palm Desert too bothersome. I'd go back, and we had a great time. It's not Palm Springs, but it's close enough!

Stayed: June 2007
7  Thank Jrutsch
Reviewed 8 May 2007

We were in Indio for the Stagecoach Festival at the Polo Fields and wanted to stay nearby. This is a small motel within the gated Country Club property. There are 2 buildings, 2 floors each with outside corridors. The odd numbers face the parking lot and even numbers face a portion of the golf course. There are no private balconies-just a window, so I wouldn't recommend paying extra for a golf course view. There is a small pool and spa between the 2 buildings. The water looked clean but the filter did not appear to be working so we didn't try it.
The room was large enough with the tiniest bathroom ever! Barely enough room to close the door behind you (my husband had to walk into the shower to accomplish this). The beds were clean and comfortable, with lovely down comforters, just as the photos show on the web site.
Housekeeping could have been better. The toilet needed to be flushed when we arrived (perhaps housekeeping had to go?), there was something sticky, like dried jelly, on the seat of one of the wooden chairs at the breakfast bar, and a partial handprint on the back of the bathroom door. Everything else was fine (and I looked!) Only 5 hangers in the closet, but ample space.
We ate at the restaurant for several meals and enjoyed each one. it wasn't gourmet, but it was tasty at a cost of about $30-40 for the 2 of us. Breakfast is served only on the weekends. They seem to draw a good crowd of folks who live in the houses and condos on the property.
The walk to the Polo Fields was easy, about a mile.
We paid $199/nt probably because of the Festival and most every place was booked. I thought it was high for what we got. Still it was convenient and the people that work there were super nice.
If we go to Stagecoach again, we would definitely stay at Indian Palms.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple