“Much nicer than anticipated, will likely return in future.”

Indian Palms Country Club & Resort
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Indio
Reviewed 25 June 2010

Dad, Mom, 4yr old daughter and 3 yr old son all went on a vacation to Indio, CA. We wanted to be close to friends nearby so we chose Indian Palms. After reading some lackluster reviews, we went in thinking the worst. We were pleasantly mistaken, we stayed in an older, but well maintained and clean two story condo with two bedrooms, a full kitchen, and 1 & 1/2 baths. Both bedrooms were upstairs, the master bedroom was quite large with plenty of closet space, the 2nd bedroom was smaller, with two twin beds, perfect for our young children. There were two salt water pools close by which we frequented, although small, we found neither to be overcrowded while we were there. Each pool area has a gas grill for guests to use.
There are several golf courses to get your game on, as well as numerous choices for dining nearby. Cathedral City and Palm Springs are a short drive, but since we were here with our children, our trip was geared more towards family/kid stuff. We went to the nearby zoo, which was quite beautiful, a hands on children discovery museum, and even took the kids to see their 1st 3D movie (Shrek 3).
The staff was very friendly, fun was had by all, and we will likely come back.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank azgbpfn

Reviewed 4 May 2010

Spacious two bedroom condo with kitchen/wet bar and large flat screen TV. Close to shopping and casinos.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank DaddyoTemecula
Reviewed 6 March 2010

Exceeded our expectations! The staff were extremely helpful and made our 4 day visit seem like a two week vacation. Accommodations were a bit dated,but very comfortable and spacious. Thanks again!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zwaverider
Reviewed 1 February 2010

We just stopped by to check out the Country Club and the Hotel. The hotel manager and staff were very friendly and helpful. We booked a room with them for four nights and they gave us a great rate. The room was very big and clean, and updated. It was a beautiful place to stay for a vacation.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2009

I just wanted to let people know about the Indian Palms Country Club and Resort in Indio, CA. I had never heard of it until my boyfriend's parents' invited us out to join the family for a long weekend. It's hot in July, but we had early tee times and hung out by the pool and in the clubhouse the rest of the day. Louise, at the front desk was especially helpful. I forgot my cell phone charger at home. Luise called around, located a Verizon store and printed mapquest directions for me. That was great. It was a fantastic value, the staff was really nice, and the rooms were all mini suites. It was a very cool place to be on a hot day.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2009

I cannot believe the reviews I have just read! My husband & I stayed here for 1 night on a road trip through California & I was very pleasantly surprised as to how safe, comfortable, clean & friendly this resort was. I only wish we could have extended our stay further!
Yes, the bathroom was very small, but WHY would you need room for more than one person as one reviewer complained?!
Anyway, the room for 2 of us was HUGE, 2 queen beds with lots of fluffy pillows & lovely bed linen. Very tastefully decorated too, with a little kitchen area too. We were used to spending $75-85 for motels of a much lesser standard (we paid $77) , so would highly recommend this place.
The staff at the front desk were very friendly & helpful, and the staff at the Golf Shop were delightful - they gave great advice to a non-golfer as I wanted to buy my dad a decent gift.
I cannot recommend this resort highly enough, I would come back any time.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2009

We recently stayed at the Indian Palms CC & Resort. We had a great time and enjoyed dining at the restaurant. We received great discounts for staying at the hotel and definitely took advantage of them while there. The golf was also very pleasant and the course in great shape. The front desk staff was very helpful in making sure we had everything that we needed and gave us some great ideas for things to do. I read some of the other reviews and it appears others are mixing the timeshare units in the resort to the hotel itself. This is unfortunate because I have stayed at other hotels in the area and none have been as well kept and clean as this one. The beds and pillows are the most comfortable I have experienced at any hotel. It is a hidden treasure for sure.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank broadwaychic78
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indio
Best Western Date Tree Hotel
#5 of 16 in Indio
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Indio
Embassy Suites by Hilton La Quinta Hotel & Spa
Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta

Been to Indian Palms Country Club & Resort? Share your experiences!