“Yum:) Ho Hum Service.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Waitstaff
oklahoma
“Yum:) Ho Hum Service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

Excellent food, probably the best Mexican food I have had in quite sometime. I can't complain about the food at all, but we clearly came at the wrong time. The was a huge group of people, probably 20 in all, that had came in right before us, so it took a good 45 minutes before our meal came to the table. I suppose that there isn't much to be done about that but during this waiting period it seemed we were forgotten entirely. My children had to go to the counter to ask for more chips and then return to ask if we could get refills for our drinks. Finally, here comes the food! We were all starved and ready to eat and then realized they hadn't brought our youngest son his food. :( So we shared with him until his meal arrived. Had the service been just a little better I would have given 5 stars and a left tip. :D

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank kubla76

Seligman, Arizona
“Best in the west!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

For some dishes served, the very best we have ever tasted. I will list my favorites:

Caldo de res (beef soup). The best to be found anywhere we have ever ordered it.

Seven seas soup, the very best I have tasted!

Camarones de diablo, again the very best ever tasted. Warning, extreme heat! (but it hurts so good)

Everything on menu is good!

Great service with simpathy when I order the Camarones de diablo, and they even bring extra napkins to wipe away the tears (but not the smile!)

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Charles G
Amboy, California
“Very good value for your money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

You can get authentic and tasty Mexican food at a very fair price. Service is pretty good too.

Visited February 2012
St. Louis
“Hidden treasure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

We were in town for the Big 4 Concert, in Indio, CA. We were looking for a nice place to have a dinner, but the places near our hotel seemed to be packed so we drove out a bit. I am so glad we did! I hadn't realized that it was Easter and that most places would be crowded so when we saw this restaurant, at first we were apprehensive, it looked a little dark and empty. We decided to stop and check their hours. We saw that they were indeed still open and very happy to have customers.

The restaurant building looks more like a converted house, but once inside you can really appreciate how many guests they can seat. The parking out back is not large, but you can park on the street. Once inside we were greeted warmly and told to sit anywhere. They had apparently just closed up their buffet but the regular menu was still available. Please note: I am mexican american and bilingual so I am always ready to chat with the staff in Spanish. My husband is not hispanic and knows little spanish, but for some reason the staff always seem to treat him with extra care. I'll give you an example, at this restaurant the waitress and I were chatting in Spanish about Easter and the seasonal dessert they serve during this time, Capirotada. It is my favorite dessert and she was concerned that my hubby wouldn't like it so they brought him a little sample of his own. But this is not the end of it, once the food came out she asked me in Spanish to tell my hubby that "the plate was hot and to be careful," to which I replied jokingly, "let him touch it, he'll learn after the first time." She laughed and patted my hubby on the shoulder and said to me, "oh,don't be mean to him.' Once I translated all this to my hubby we all had a good laugh. My husband really felt at home, or at least like he was visiting my relatives who adore him and are always trying to feed him.

The food was piping hot and oh so delicious. I had the machaca, which is shredded beef with tomatoes, onions, and peppers. My husband had the milanesa, breaded cutlet pounded thin and fried. The beans and rice were excellent and of course the staff was a pleasure to be around. We had Horchata, a sweet cinnamon flavored rice drink pronounced Or chata. Our waitress kept our glasses filled.

We feel that we were very lucky to just stumble upon this location, I'm not sure if our experience was altered by my speaking Spanish with them, but they seemed to still be able to communicate with my husband. Give them a try and hopefully you'll be just as happy as we were.

• Visited April 2011