“Nice visit”

Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Indio
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We had 2 rooms at Fantasy Springs so our whole family could gather there for our son's birthday. The guys golfed and the girls visited the casino. We had a great time. The only drawback was not being able to get in the rooms early, even on a weekday, while the guys left. Otherwise, everything was fine and fun.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 September 2013

My experience at the Fantasy Springs Casino was well short of pleasing. I'm visiting family here in Indio. I went to the casino to watch football at the bar. I took the bar staff thirty minutes to take my drink order (jack and coke) ten more minutes to get my drink. Not only that the bar was stacked full of empty glasses. I took my drink finished it then went to Applebee's. witch felt like my home bar. You not going to find me at Fantasy Springs Casino on monday night.

1  Thank Ace13420
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This was the second time I stayed at this hotel and it has slipped badly. The first problem was on arrival. A very disinterested clerk told us about 4:30 that our room wasn't ready, and she had now idea when we could actually check in. She said the bedding for the 2 bed rooms hadn't been delivered. We went to the casino host and they could do no better. After 2 more hours we finally got into a room with a view of the roof. That was just a start of the mishaps. The carpet throughout was very dirty, the slots were set so tight the people around me were all complaining.
I don't think I will be returning.

Room Tip: The rooms are fairly small. Ask for a one away from the vending machines.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I made reservations for 9/1 and 9/2 to celebrate my 45th anniversary.We were running late and I called and was assured no problem.We arrived late and the room was gone.I had a confirmation number and credit card on file.They moved our reservations ahead one day and gave us $100 free play.They also comped a room I paid for.It was not the same.My accessible room was not even accessible because they only have 3 accessible rooms.The whole family staycation was ruined.Explore yourboptions.

Room Tip: The few accessible rooms are at the end of the hallway.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Leonard S
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Great value and service. Enjoyed our dinner at Bistro. Eager to accommodate special needs meal. Will return to enjoy good food and entertainment. Used valet to park vehicle. Very secure Hotel. Excellent

Room Tip: Top floors offer great view of valley.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

The rooms are all really nice and the property is just beautiful. But the thing that will make your stay at Fantasy Springs is the great service delivered by every member of their staff. I recommend this resort very highly.

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Overall decent stay. My wife and I stayed 2 nights beginning on Labor Day after the crowds left. Ask for a room facing the pool. The other side overlooks a mobile home park. Don't do valet. For some reason they decided to park our car in a parking lot outside rather than the designated valet area in the parking garage. Our car was hot inside when we got it back. The room was clean. Everything was fine except the lock didn't work on the bathroom door. The service was good for the most part. We needed a bottle opener and they brought it up to the room within 2 minutes. Dave, the pool bartender was great talking to.. However, the pool bartender girl working the next day had her head down and was drawing on her ankle the entire time. She clearly did not want to be there. It was slow, but she could've acted a bit more lively. Be careful if you're walking into the pool from the sloped tile area. It's very slippery and someone is going to crack their head open soon. Everything was pretty dead for the most part, but we did a lot. We took advantage of the drink coupons. The 12th story bar was nice. They have a pool table, and it's a great view during sunset. In case you order a belvedere vodka & cranberry, make sure you ask for an extra shot because all you can taste is cranberry. The bartender lady was very nice. We spent time on the second day in Palm Springs. It's a solid half hour drive. The valet guy told us to get off on the exit, "Ramon" off the 10 freeway, but there was
no "Ramon" so we ended up going a couple exits past.
Since the casino was so dead, we expected their bowling alley to look like a 2-4 lane alley with no one in it. We turned the corner to walk in, and it was a madhouse. We were surprised to see a full size bowling alley. Same thing went for their bingo room. 97% of the people in that building were either bowling or playing bingo... The worst thing about fantasy springs was the smoke filled casino. It's very apparent once you come down the escalators. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if that's something they can fix.. Order the prime rib from the Pom restaurant. My wife got the prime rib and I got the New York steak. Hers was better.. They also have a Starbucks inside. Make sure to sign up for the Players Club. You get in instant $10 towards food per person. Not sure if we'll come here again, but we'll recommend it.

2  Thank Ben R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indio
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Indio
#5 of 16 in Indio
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa
#6 of 8 in Rancho Mirage

Been to Fantasy Springs Resort Casino? Share your experiences!