“Good Casino In the California Desert”

Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Indio
Fresno, California
“Good Casino In the California Desert”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

From the moment you arrive the service is very good. Valet was inviting. Registration was very helpful. Room was a good casino room. Wireless internet worked very well. Didn't eat at any of the resturantes. Casino was not busy on a Monday night. Good Games. Need to have something other than Starbucks for breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are well insulated. Did not even hear the wind howling outside.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Korean first
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I was just passing through on a road trip and decided to try my luck for a hour and decided to spend the night. I enjoyed myself and liked the resort so much that I will return again in the future.The front desk personal were warm, pleasant, courteous and accommodating. The room was clean and luxurious. The casino was clean with a variety of slot machines and the slots seemed to be player friendly (payed-off on occasions). The breakfast in the restaurant was good and the service was impeccable. I did not use the pool, spa or work out facilities but they looked very nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Great Hotel. warm kind pleasant staff. Clean bright tasteful. Free bands in the Fock garden. Really good food selection.burgers .pizza,starbucks,asian and a great little find called the Bistro, recommend the lambchops,the best ive had. Really good comps and promos/ offers..nice clean pool.
clean comfy room, really nice bed and pillows.if you need a fridge in the room just ask nothing is a problem here
Most of all being a UK expat I find the people so nice it makes me feel very welcome and it really is by far the nicest casino hotel I have visited in Palm Springs area

Calabasas, California
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were Hotel Guests and the rooms are pleasant and comfortably appointed. When we checked in, the Front Desk clerks joked pleasantly with my husband when he asked for an 'ocean view'. The clerk responded that she will get us extra strong binoculars. We all laughed together and she then gave us a "pool view". So the trip started out well.

We gambled and we had a lovely meal at the Pom Restaurant where we had very nice service and delicious food. This is a nice vacation, right?

I get up the next morning to exercise but took a detour to the casino floor to play some favorite machines that weren't available the night before. I have a $100 bill in my hand but the Bill Acceptor on the machine does not work. I flag down two (2) young attendants, who were walking by, chattering away about their personal affairs. One attendant struggles to open up the machine and the other attendant continues pestering her with questions about 'where are you staying' and 'why do you stay there' and other persistent personal questions.
I am ignored and over-looked. I felt like I was eaves-drooping on a high school hallway locker conversation, rather than vacationing in a premier High Desert Casino.
The attendant did not fix anything. I attempted to put in my $100 bill and it did not work. I pointed out that it was not working. She got testy and said, 'I know that! I'll call for service.' Then they both walked away, so I walked away and played a nearby machine. During that time, I did not feel good about what had just transpired. I didn't feel like gambling any longer.

I looked for a manager to speak to. Found a Tables Mgr. Mr. Jeremy Nolan who heard me out and attempted to help me. He asked me to wait for the Slot Supervisor. Against my better judgment, I waited and became greatly antagonized. Ms. Maria Sandoval proceeded to tell me that she had spoken to the attendant and that she felt that both of us were wrong. How did she even know what I was complaining about? I had not spoken to her yet. She continued to antagonize me and finally, I told her that we had a failure to communicate as she was unwilling and unable to listen to me.

By that time, my blood pressure is up and clearly, I am not in a gambling mood. I told Ms. Sandavol that I would put my complaint in writing to the General Manager of the Casino as I was not being heard by her. She left and I cashed in my ticket and stopped gambling.

The General Manager stated in an online profile that ' Customer Service ultimately drives Fantasy Springs Resort Casino.' I ask you, does this look like customer service to you?

We spent the afternoon at Spotlight Casino, right around the corner, so FSRC lost our business that day. We entertain ourselves by gambling at casinos to relax and to have a change of pace from the realities of life. We don't spend our hard-earned money to be treated poorly from people who should be representing the Casino!

Room Tip: Pool views are better.
3 Thank hs888
Orange, California
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Our first Stay on a Fantasy Springs Offer. Was so happy to see that the rooms were really nicely appointed even though a comped stay. Beautiful view, wonderful services. Would be just as happy to go to Fantasy Springs to stay for our getaways than to drive to Vegas or the border fighting traffic, etc. Staff is very helpful, courteous and informative. Stayed twice in two weeks. Very pleased with Quality of the Hotel.

Room Tip: Not sure about the Hotel pricing during the week, but believe under their FS Club it is very reasona...
1 Thank Patti M
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I was really impressed with this hotel. I wasn't sure what to expect based on its location. But I was pleasantly surprised.

They make this hotel feel very luxurious in Indio. The service is fantastic, from the valet to the front desk. Very efficient, friendly and helpful. Lobby is very nicely done. The rooms are spacious, new, clean and have great views of the mountains. The restaurants in the hotel are very good, and the starbucks is a nice touch. Casino is a little small for my taste but has all the table and slot games you would need. The smoke wasn't too bad inside the casino. The bar on the 12th floor was really nice, good crowd (not rowdy) and has a very nice patio outside with nice views.

The highlight of this resort is the pool and outdoor areas. Very nicely done. Feels like youre in Vegas but with less of a crowd. It's open late, so you can go out when it cools down at night. It is a great place to relax and lounge. Lastly, this hotel is very safe and they have done a nice job having lots of security. I felt totally comfortable late at night. This is by far the best place to stay in Indio.

Room Tip: Request mountain view or pool view when booking
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Whittier, California
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I have being comming to the Fantasy Casino for years,before the hotel was build.For years I would go every 2 weeks because Iwas working,now I am retired and I have 2 bad knees and can not go that often .I enjoyed many new year days partys and seen how they remodeled and they alway have a good selection of up to date slot machines and plenty of card tables.I always enjoy my stay.The concerts are great ,the food is great and when I am playing the slots till late at night and my husband goes to the room and leaves me alone ,I feel safe I feel at home.What else can I say, only I wish theFANTASY CASINO was in myback yard,we live about 2 hours away but it is worth the trip.

Room Tip: make you reservations with plenty of time,make sure you request non smoking if you do not smoke. Hig...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indio
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Indio
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#6 of 16 in Indio
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Been to Fantasy Springs Resort Casino? Share your experiences!