“Good value, helpful staff”

Best Western Date Tree Hotel
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Indio
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stayed only one night, but while not luxurious it was still good value for money. The advertised "deluxe" breakfast lived up to its name.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 July 2011

We stayed here while visiting friends in Indio. We wanted a hotel close-by and the reviews were promising and the property looked nice in the pictures. What you should know is that the hotel isn't in a very nice area. It's across the street from train tracks. Indio Blvd is a rather seedy area with a lot of rundown, abandoned buildings. I believe it backs up to a trailer park area?
That said, I was traveling with my baby so if I thought the hotel wasn't safe there was no way I'd stay there. The hotel is set back from the road, the parking was well lit, and the rooms are accessible only through an indoor hallway.
Also, had the room not been clean enough, I would have left, but it was fine for one night. We had gotten there late and were leaving early and it was OK for a short visit. The room was nothing fancy though. It had its scuffs and dings, but again, I felt it was clean enough. There was a microwave and fridge and cold AC. Bed was a little creaky and lumpy, with a top sheet in place of a fitted sheet, but I slept well enough.
We didn't eat the continental breakfast but we walked through and it seemed pretty basic. The pool was also no frills. The staff, who I'd read were so friendly, were matter-of-fact.
We had wanted a suite and expected they'd be available in mid-July in the desert but they were completely booked, so you may have to book early for that type of room.
In all, it's just your basic $80 a night hotel. But be aware of the area - I didn't expect that.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank SwissG
Reviewed 28 June 2011

This was a nice place. My wife and I brought our grandson for a day to Soak City and we had a nice stay. The pool was nice. The staff called us after we arrived in our room to make sure everything was ok... nice touch. Breakfast was really good too, it said, "continental breakfast" but it was much more, eggs, sausage, waffle maker, and regular bagels, biscuits, cereals and fruit. Good Job Date Tree thumbs up from us. Grounds were good, and was very clean

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Topherball
Reviewed 23 June 2011

My husband and I had the pleasure of being treated like honored guests in a lovely setting at our recent five day visit to the Best Western Date Tree Hotel. This was our second stay and was equally as pleasant and satisfying in every regard as was our very first visit. It was almost a feeling of coming home because of the friendliness and caring for our comforts by everyone. The atmosphere both inside the faciltiy and outside was pristine, inviting and well maintained. The spacious rooms are tastefullyl appointed and equiped with everything that makes for an enjoyable stay including very comfortable beds. The well cared for grounds are a tribute to the beautiful flora of the desert.

The service is impeccable and it is clear that the staff is there to be friendly, helpful and attentive to the needs of each and every guest. The Manager, Aaron Segal sets the professional example for his staff and they all seem to take great pride in being part of his team. I personally observed Jacob happily giving individual attention to many of the guests. Esmeralda and Andrea were equally gracious and helpful on a consistent basis. Jeff, the Operations Manager was always there to help and please as well. The members of Housekeeping were extremely responsive and always pleasang.

The location is very convenient to everything including US 10 and 111 Highway. Bottom line is the Best Western Date Tree Hotel is a remarkably good value and offers a memorable visit. Try it.....you'll like it. We sure did.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2011

We chose BW Date Tree because of great reviews already available on this site. The reviews were accurate as the room was really attractive and well worth the $80 cost including tax. The carpet was very new, very attractive and very clean. Bedding was also stylish and comfortable with many pillows. (too many really) Nobody could possibly use 5 or 6 pillows, especially since these were the small 12 inch size. I would rather have two thick standard sized pillows than a big pile of small ones. You can't really keep your head on the small ones, at least I can't. I found that lack of standard pillows did interfere with getting a good night's sleep. That really is my only complaint. The room was very quiet, air conditioning unit was not obtrusive and the stainless steel microwave and refrigerator provided were very nice. Also the refrigerator made no noise when running. The furniture was quite attractive though the TV was somewhat old. Didn't matter as we never turned it on. Breakfast in the morning was not too inviting. They did have a variety of food including biscuits and gravy but nothing that looked good to me personally. I did have a boiled egg and pop tarts I brought with me.

Room Tip: I think location of all rooms is good.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2011

Every Hotel I've ever stayed in says the same line of script as they hand you your room keys "Enjoy your stay", This hotel wasn't any different except for they fact that they really meant it! Everyone here from the front desk, and management, to the Shuttle driver and housekeeping staff really went above and beyond to make sure my wife and I got the most enjoyable experience we could out of our stay in the desert. The rooms were great, well cleaned and stocked, the free dvd "rental" was really nice, and that pool is gorgeous. Above all though the staff makes this place a true gem.

My Wife and I were here for 2 reasons, first to see the "stagecoach" concert, and second to celebrate our Anniversary. The staff here was welcoming and helped me with a few surprises I had planned. Even though the hotel (like every hotel in the Indio area) was full this weekend we were still given 4 star level individualized service and attention. A feat that some 4 and 5 star resorts fail to perform. I wish to personally thank Aaron, and Jeff for they're generous donations of time, talent and personal will to ensure the trip was Ah-maze-ing!! The flowers were a hit.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank scarychip
Reviewed 12 May 2011

It was my second stay here for Coachella (2009 & 2011) and it was superb. The staff understands the needs of the music festival traveler with fresh waters, free wi-fi, snack bags, shuttle buses to and from the fest, a pool with taco service, good breakfast, and a straight shot down Monroe. I also was able to print out my boarding pass from the two lobby computers. Couldn't ask for more! Be back again for 2012 and beyond. Thanks Aaron and staff.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank nattotodd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indio
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Indio
Embassy Suites by Hilton La Quinta Hotel & Spa
Royal Plaza Inn
Royal Plaza Inn
#10 of 16 in Indio

Been to Best Western Date Tree Hotel? Share your experiences!