“Great Place, would stay again.”

Best Western Date Tree Hotel
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Indio
Reviewed 7 June 2010

Great place I would stay again. Only thing is location is a bit out of the way from major roads. But worth the drive to find it. Can't say anything bad.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Date Tree Hotel

Reviewed 2 June 2010

We went out there for Memorial Weekend since Palm Springs was booked. It was affordable and the rooms were spacious and clean. The 24/hour pool was super big and not over crowded at all. There is a railroad track nearby, you can certainly hear it from the pool but we didn't hear it at all from our 1st floor room. It was 104 degrees this weekend, and the rooms must be well insulated because we didn't need the air conditioner at all. Over all awesome stay, plenty of food & stores just 1 exit away on the freeway and a couple casinos nearby. Would def stay again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2010

Jeff Cook is the maintenance manager and also the first front end employee we encountered at the hotel in Indio California. Above and beyond was the service rendered when our vehicle broke down. Not only did Jeff provide us a ride to obtain a meal he on his own accord through many phone calls found us a very reputable mechanic to service our vehicle. Have you heard the expression "Pay if Forward" . This describes your employee to a tee. It is nice to encounter such a fine fellow who exemplifies the eptiome of service. Jeff left us with the impression of him being our friend.
Regards Mark & Val Carson 604-939-0556

Reviewed 30 May 2010

We stayed here overnight and would definitely return. The hotel is clean and the rooms are quiet. The pool is lovely, as are the grounds. Our room had a nice balcony. The nearest casino is 10 minutes away if you want to go gambling. The complimentary breakfast was good and had a lot of selections.

Reviewed 27 May 2010

I picked this hotel based on its web site and previous positive reviews.
Staff was very friendly.
Free DVDs in the lobby.
I'm a train buff and asked for a room facing the road (hotel is set back far from the road and tracks) — I wanted to see the Union Pacific freights! — and the soundproofing is so good my partner could barely hear the trains go by. Don't worry, they won't wake you, but if you're super-sensitive to sound, there are 4 or more other buildings belonging to this hotel even farther from the road.

One clerk came to our room to help us start the DVD machine because the two clickers were confusing. He tried and tried, couldn't do it and left feeling bad, then I figured it out. But he did his best.
The room is standard, big enough and clean.
Pool is large, clean and quiet on this balmy evening..
A small group of 3 or 4 guests was quietly using a gas grill supplied by the hotel.

My friend and I drove from Grand Canyon through Mojave Desert to Indio, then Orange, CA for a graduation ceremony.. We had hoped to spend 2 nights in Indio, but the Grand Canyon train's return to Williams, AZ, was later than I thought, and I also underestimated travel time to Indio.
Mojave is better to see in the daytime anyway..

I guess I liked this place so much for its simplicity. No bells and whistles.

Just quiet, clean and friendly. very retro in some respects.. Looks like a 1960s Hollywood postcard.
AC worked fine.. it was 100 degrees outside (but dry, very windy and I thought comfortable).
By contrast, it was 95, humid and disgusting when I got back to Boston!

Reviewed 13 May 2010

We were lured by the 24hr pool. Free DVDs was a nice touch. The 'Save4 for Less' food store we were directed to by Jacob at front desk was great. With our food stuffs we also got a bottle of Tequila for 98 cents!

Reviewed 5 May 2010

Let me first state that if you are going to stay at a hotel for one of the music festivals, this IS the place to stay ..period.

Now for my story :) This stay got off to a very very bad start. I was there with my gf and a friend for the Stagecoach Festival, and I had reserved a suite which was listed as suitable for three. The bed for the third person was a horrible sofa bed. I was pissed to say the least, and proceeded to yell at Jacob, the night clerk, something fierce. Of course reality was ..stupid me, for not checking the configuration of the room. He comped us a second room for the night, but let us know that the hotel was sold out for Saturday night. I met Aaron the manager the next day, and he gave us the second room for the following night, and said he'd try to have his maintenance guy figure something out. He also gave us a huge refund. Maintenance guy puts gets some foam from Wal-Mart, sofa bed now tolerable, though still not great. Later on the same night they come up with a roll away bed. Combine the foam with the roll away and voila, comfy night of sleep. Aaron and Jacob and the two maintenance guys (name sadly not remembered) really went out of their way to turn this into a positive experience. I was just blown away, especially given how rude I was in the beginning.

As for the hotel, as I said above it is definitely the place for the music festivals. They have a shuttle to the Polo Club and as much information as you need. The suite was actually large and super nice, much more what you'd expect in a 4 star hotel than a Best Western. Just remember it is really a room for 2.

See ya next year guys.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indio
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Indio
Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta
Days Inn Indio
Days Inn Indio
#5 of 16 in Indio
Embassy Suites by Hilton La Quinta Hotel & Spa
Best Western Plus Palm Desert Resort
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert

Been to Best Western Date Tree Hotel? Share your experiences!