1,045 results
All reviewsfront deskwafflesfree dvdsopen hoursbest westernsdvd playercomplimentary breakfastlarge poolbreakfast roomgreat place to staygreat poolclean roomsgreat roomwould stay here againindio areapalm springshot tub
Reviewed 24 October 2010

My family and I have visited Date Tree Hotel a few times in the year and always have a Great experience. The staff is always friendly, and accommodating and helpful. The rooms are always comfortable and clean with all the necessities required. Can't say enough about the breakfast, it's always good. In fact my son especially looks forward to this time of day. Thank you for being here Date Tree.

Reviewed 19 October 2010

We traveled to Indio in a caravan of vehicles, but dispersed for the night. I compared notes with people who stayed in other places in Indio, and am convinced that those of us who stayed at the Best Western Date Tree had by far the best experience and best value. Some of them may relate their horror stories from the other motels; I'll stick to our excellent overall experience. A few notable things: large, clean pool that is open 24 hours; hospitable staff--shortly after we arrived in our room Jacob, the desk clerk, called to be sure everything was all right; the room was comfortably cool when we entered out of the heat; the "continental" breakfast was really more than that--biscuits & gravy, waffles cooked on the spot, fruit, juice, cereal, boiled eggs, bagels, pastries. This will be our first choice if/when we return to Indio.

Reviewed 17 October 2010

Traveled down to Santa Barbara from Arizona--and this hotel was on the agenda was for one prupose: it was it was far as we wanted to go for the day. No reviews. No special reason. Nothing we were set on. After this stay...that will change.

The man at night, jacob, was so thoroughly ingratiating with my wife and daughter: where to eat, about our trip, offering up so many helpful hints. All I can say is this: it really made my wife and daughter(and myself)feel welocme to the hotel. He really does have a passion for his job.

Hotel iteself is old-; yet, our was was updated inside and was just about perfect. Great bed, microwave, and an actuall DVD player--and as my daughter can tell you, I pretty cool selection of free movies at the desk. And to me, an avid swimmer, they had a killer pool. Certainly the largest I have ever seen at any Best Western.

Reviewed 8 October 2010

I picked this hotel because it was #1 rated in Trip Advisor for Indio and had glowing reviews from other travellers. Sadly, our stay was anything but 'glowing'.
Maybe we got a bad room as #108 was ancient. Fridge had no freezer and kept our water only tepid, not cold.
Floor to ceiling drapes hid ancient windows with only one bottom one sort of sliding open but couldn't lock it properly. There was a walkway by the window so maybe it used to havea sliding door but not now.
Shower had a brown stain of unknown orgin in the bottom (as did the ceilings over the bed!) and the building inspector must have been blind because the wall mounted hair dryer was on the same wall as the shower and 3 inches from the shower door....'Shocking'!!!
Beds were clean and comfy so we did sleep well (after driving through LA in freak rainstorm that hit first week of Oct).
Continental breakfast was poor when compared to other offerings we've had at BWs, Holdiay Inns and Hamptons.
When I checked in, the desk staff appeared to be a housekeeper with no personality or smile. While checking me in, she answered the phone and spoke at length in rapid fire spanish to another employee I gathered. She quoted me a AAA rate of $71 and had me sign and inital the form.
When I checked out, the rate was $76! The fellow at the desk in the morning was very professional and asked me how everything was. I told him that I was disappointed considering the glowing reports this hotel got on Tripadvisor abd then explained the items of concern.
He immediately made an adjustment to the rate and knocked $25 off the rate (albeit the wrong rate) and apologized so I couldn't ask for more.
Pool was lovely .Wifi was terribly slow and near useless.
I would not recommend this place nor will I stay again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2010

Was apleasure to stay. My wife (German) was welcomed in German and the staff were more than helpfull. The pool eas good, and I was able to do some serious swimming. The "continental" breakfast was better than most: the rooms comfortable, and I could recommend this hotel to a good friend. Even though my wife forced me to get up at 3AM to take photos of the flowering cactus at the front of the building.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple