“Basic But Quite Adequate”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Royal Plaza Inn

Royal Plaza Inn
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Indio
Goodyear, Arizona
“Basic But Quite Adequate”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed there one night as we were traveling along I-10. It is off the beaten path and therefore quiet. The room was clean and the price was reasonable. No complaints. The staff was accommodating although we didn't interact with them very much as we arrived late and left early. I was attracted to the "no fee for cancellation" policy although we didn't use it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

Went to Indio for a square dance weekend and stayed at the Royal Plaza. Third visit to Indio for dancing and definitely recommend this property for lodging. The staff is awesome! Price is reasonable with the square dance discount and you get a free hot breakfast each day. The breakfast bar has many choices and the food is from Cactus Jacks restaurant hot and fresh every morning.

Walking distance to several eating establishments and even a grocery store to stock the in room refrigerator with.

Property is a bit old and worn, but is maintained well.

Overall great value for the stay.

Room Tip: Upstairs facing the pool seems to be the quietest area.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bill R
Hermosa Beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

It was 111 degrees outside and out room was very cold. The Manager is nice let me check in early and stay late. Room itself is not bad, there are some ceiling water marks, nail holes and minimal upkeep it needs, but overall not too bad. I would stay here again because of the price and service.

Room Tip: booking.com allowed me to make requests such as early check in and late check out as well as pool vi...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Although this hotel is older, they maintain it well and the staff are the absolute best! It isn't shiny, sparkle from every angle or look built yesterday, but the rooms are clean and tidy and the staff is very welcoming and friendly. Plenty of food choices in the area-for the price of the room, probably one of the best values in Indio. Don't hesitate to select it for your stay, you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

We came to Palm Springs for Coachella weekend and booked a room at Royal Plaza. The front desk manager is such a friendly person and made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived. The staff always went the extra mile to ensure we had a great experience at the hotel and during our weekend getaway. The rooms were very clean and the pool was perfect for the weather. I’m definitely returning next year!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

Do not stay at this hotel! They have terrible customer service, a horrible cancellation policy, and a general lack of empathy. They charged me over 1, 000 for staying there during Coachella weekend when I had to cancel my trip. Please do not stay here. I plan on telling the Better Business Bureau about them next. My friend who ended up staying here says it was a dump.

Room Tip: Go some where else.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Indio hotels

Upland, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

This place will give you a disease and charge you for it. I should've trusted the reviews I read but I was in a bind and needed a place to stay. This is not a hotel and it's barely even a motel. My wife and I pulled into the deserted parking lot and suspected right away this was not the place advertised on the Internet. So the first thing we did was walk to the pool. OMG, there was a plastic bag floating in the pool, a bunch of hair, and all other kinds of debris. And God knows what else. And not a single person around to be seen. And I don't blame them because this pool is disgusting!

We got back in our car and called the front office to cancel our reservation. Of course, they told me I would still be charged because I didn't cancel within 48 hours. I said I can't trust your level of service if you treat your guests like you treat your pool. She said, and I quote, "I'm sorry if the cleanliness of the pool isn't up to your standards." Really? My standards are too high if I want a pool that doesn't have debris and bags and hair floating in it?

I said I wanted to dispute this. She told me to hang on while she talked to her boss. 10 minutes later she came back on the phone and told me the charge would stick. I said I wanted to talk to her boss. She then told me he just stepped out. Haha, so convenient.

We then booked a stay at Indian Wells Resort a few miles away for about $40 more and it was awesome!

You'd be better off sleeping in your car than catching a disease with this "motel." If I could give it 17 million negative stars I would!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple