“Super 8 Indio”

Indio Super 8 and Suites
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Indio
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The Good: The staff was kind and attentive. The room was clean(ish) and the bed was amazing.

The Negative:
It is understandable if there is not an operating kitchen on the premises, which prevents the staff from providing fresh breakfast foods (oatmeal, eggs), beyond coffee. However, instead of a breakfast bar consisting of only processed carbs (instant oatmeal, packaged muffins, cinnamon rolls, and bread), please consider adding fresh fruit to the offering. A bowl of bananas, apples or plums is much appreciated for those guests who are not accustomed to eating a processed breakfast.

1  Thank Aime R
indioman, Guest Relations Manager at Indio Super 8 and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Hello Miss Aime R,

Thank you very much for your business and for giving us your feedback about your recent stay. I am glad that you were satisfied with our customer services, I will accelerate your comment about the quality of clean in the room to make certain that everything is in place prior to assigning to our guests.

We appreciate your candid feedback on the breakfast selection, I will submit your comment and suggestions to our management for evaluation. Your satisfaction is always our goal to achieve.

There are newer reviews for Indio Super 8 and Suites

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
indioman, Guest Relations Manager at Indio Super 8 and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Reviewed 13 June 2014

1  Thank Nicky G
indioman, Guest Relations Manager at Indio Super 8 and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We came through here for a one night stay. I had read some reviews that were unfavorable, but some that were good. I usually like to stay at Super 8 motels when traveling because they USUALLY are pretty decent...big mistake on this one! The poor reviews are not an exaggeration...and this is from someone who usually stays at this type of lodging.

First off, we arrived at about 10:30. Greeting us at our door is one large smashed cockroach and one lively one. Oh well... hopefully they stay outside right? Hospitality consists of two water bottles for our enjoyment, however they charge you $1.50 if you drink one...get real! Anyway, we entered our very warm and muggy room and figured...they save money by not turning the a/c on. I can deal with that, so first thing we turn on the a/c. It hums and every few minutes it turns off. Our room is not getting cooler. I think the fan wasn't blowing so as soon as the unit got too cold, it would shut of. Now 11:30, a call to the front desk and they tell us that they will send someone to LOOK at it. Instead I go to the front office and tell them that we are tired and don't have time for a repair person in the middle of the night and demand a different room. She comes to verify the a/c truly is not working, because she isn't sure I know how to work an a/c unit. Then gives us another room. (BTW...While waiting for a new room, another guest comes down the stairs and seeing the front desk employee with me, he tells her that his a/c is not working...hmmm, I see a trend.) I am pretty sure the new room was a "Pet Friendly" one they advertise. We had no pet, but we got to smell the previous guests' pets.

Oh well...we are tired and are going to ignore the pet smell. Crawling into bed, I noticed the blankets are full of pills...you know how the old, old felt like blankets get. The top sheet has a cigarette burn hole in it. Now, this hotel has not allowed smoking since 2000...as per the sign in the front lobby...how old does that make this sheet?? If the bedding could only talk...wait....I don't want to know.

Oh well...at least it was cool. I got up that morning, slightly grumpy from not getting sufficient sleep...because of the no a/c and room changing thing. But we get breakfast...I love breakfast...only not here. Yes it is Continental...pure starch!! No fruit, very bad juice and SKIM milk for your cereal. I looked at the selection...white bread (I guess for toast), frozen waffles, little cinnamon rolls like you get in the clear plastic packaging at the grocery store, some oatmeal packets and 2 kinds of cereal...frosted flakes and special K. It took me a while to decide what I could tolerate and decided on frosted flakes, but when I poured the skim milk on them, I grossed out and just tossed the whole thing in the trash. For heaven's sake at least give the people some 2% or better milk...it doesn't even cost more...unless it wasn't skim and it was watered down instead. I guess that would save them money.

Bottom line...AVOID!!! I would have gladly paid an extra $20 for a decent place to stay and perhaps a little better breakfast....if I had only known. There is no pride in management of this motel. It is a flop house...and for the $68 I paid and expensive flop house at that. I know $68 is not much...but it is for this place. I have stayed at Indian Wells Resort in the past and it was WAAAAYYYY better for just a little bit more. I wish I had stayed there this time. Consider yourself warned!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Robin L
Reviewed 3 June 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
indioman, Guest Relations Manager at Indio Super 8 and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Reviewed 31 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
indioman, Director of Sales at Indio Super 8 and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Reviewed 31 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tracey H
indioman, Guest Relations Manager at Indio Super 8 and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Also consider these accommodations in or near Indio
Royal Plaza Inn
Indio Travelodge
Indio Travelodge
#13 of 16 in Indio
Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta

Been to Indio Super 8 and Suites? Share your experiences!