“Great Value near LAX”

Crystal Inn Suites & Spas - LAX
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Inglewood
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I just spent 3 nights at this hotel. The prices around LAX for mainline hotels were ridiculous and I found good reviews on this place and booked it for my 3 day biz trip. While it is not Taj Majal, you get far more here than what you pay for.

Rooms were quiet, clean and furnished with everything you would expect for this price range of hotel. Posterpedic mattresses and quality bedsheets almost to the Hilton level. New TVs and of special note was the SUPER fast Internet. Upon meeting the owner/manager Ray, he told me he invested a large amount of money in their wireless system last year...and it shows. A great advantage for taking care of business and working from the room. The room also had a table and two chairs for a work station. Shower with good force of hot water and plenty of towels provided of decent quality.

They have a nice small pool and workout room though I was too busy to enjoy those amenities. They seem to have a lot of repeat/long term customers. Coffee in the office is free and 24 hrs per day. Room service was prompt and efficient. There is a 24 hr call out food menu in each room based on a service nearby. Only problem with that was there is a $20 minimum food order...and prices per person were less than half that...so as a solo room dweller, that didnt work for me. But that was totally independent of the hotel...and there is a small restaurant just down the Street on Imperial called "Big Burger" i believe...and I had a nice, reasonably priced breakfast there. The place (and area) is totally Hispanic.

Oh...and free parking with a pull up spot right in front of my door on the first level was very convenient.

This will be "mission central" for me in my upcoming return biz trips to LA. It is central to getting most anywhere in this huge city.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Srsuerte
Ray A, General Manager at Crystal Inn Suites & Spas - LAX, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Hello Srsuerte,

To begin I want to acknowledge the Joy I feel when given an opportunity to respond to guest, that take the time to leave an ample regarding their stay whether good or bad here at the Crystal Inn Suites. I see that the newly remodeled rooms provided you great comfort and joy. I'm glad you see that the quality of the hotel reaches a franchise status without the name. We here believe that even if the hotel is not a franchise it does not mean that quality should be sacrificed when it comes to guest happiness. Regarding the restaurant order that is something we will look into and negotiate to see if we can't get the minimum lowered in the future. We are happy you had an AMAZING stay and will be happy to have you as OUR GUEST again on future travels to the Los Angeles area.

There are newer reviews for Crystal Inn Suites & Spas - LAX

Reviewed 22 April 2014

A Motel like all others but good after a long flight: it was a good stay because it was only a 5 min drive from the airport. also there was a supermarket within walking distance.
no breakfast, only coffe

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Ray A, General Manager at Crystal Inn Suites & Spas - LAX, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Hello Manu-Wan,

I am glad to see the simplicity and the resources of the area around the Motel provided you with the rest and relaxation you needed after a long flight. We hope to see you again on future trips to the city of Los Angeles.

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights at the Crystal Inn, we found the hotel room very clean and comfortable.
We only used the hotel to sleep. It is very close to the airport therefore the area is a bit ugly, I don't recommend to walk around the hotel, we drove in and out.
The look of the hotel is like a motel but it is managed as a hotel. Staff is very friendly.
If you are just laying over before your flight, it's the best option for the money.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AnnieP348

Hello Annie,

I wanted to Thank You for the wonderful review regarding your stay here at the Crystal Inn Suites. I am glad to see that you enjoyed the value of the hotel as well as the kindness and courtesy of the staff. We hope you had a wonderful trip and would be glad to have you as a guest again on the next trip to Los Angeles.

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

My son and I stayed here for 5 days in march and were very happy with the hotel. The Queen beds were very comfortable as were the pillows so we were able to get a great sleep every night. The wifi was excellent as was the service at reception and the rooms were tendered to every day. The location of the hotel was central to downtown, universal studios, disneyland and santa monica. With a car most of these places were around 20 to 35 minutes away. I would like to thank Ray for suggesting to get a car as it gave us the option to go where we want when we wanted. For the price the crystal inn was well worth it and we would stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank schneidz
Ray A, General Manager at Crystal Inn Suites & Spas - LAX, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Hello Schneidz,

I want to take the time to thank you for reviewing the hotel regarding your stay. It's greatly appreciated by not only by me, but the travel community as well. It's through experiences such as yours that when described truly allow us to reevaluate our service to all guest that come looking for a wonderful stay. I see that you enjoyed the new renovated rooms and the the comfort of the Tempur-Pedic mattress. I'm glad we suggested the rental car for your travel purposes because we do really think it is the easiest way to commute to all the major Los Angeles destinations. It was our pleasure to have you as a guest and can't wait to see you again in the future. Till than safe travels.

Ray

Reviewed 3 April 2014

This place is close to the airport and provides large,comfortable rooms.The beds are great and the TV is big.The staff could not have been more helpful.It is not in the greatest area but this was not a major drawback.If you want some groceries or supplies ask the owners for directions to the local supermarket.It is within walking distance and has everything including an eat in or takeaway Mexican food section.It is fantastic.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pinchy87
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Nice, obviously family owned hotel less than 10 minutes away from LAX. Rooms come equipped with large flat screen, hair dryer, clock radio, refrigerator.... It's all very clean and in pretty good condition. At least the room I stayed in had obviously been renovated not long ago. The hotel compound also looks very decent, nice garden with flowers comes included. Hotel personal is very friendly and helpful. And they are really helpful, taking their time for my questions on attractions around Inglewood/ LA. Nice guys. In addition there is always fresh coffee around (in the lobby) and for breakfast they even provided me with orange juice and muffins (although breakfast wasn't even booked). For all that plus a real good value for money, it definitely deserves 5 points.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank McNamara_44
Ray A, General Manager at Crystal Inn Suites & Spas - LAX, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Hello McNamara_44,

I first off want to thank you for being a guest at our wonderful hotel as well as taking the time to leave an amazingly detailed review. I am glad to see that you appreciate our kind and human touch that we were able to provide to make your trip one that was enjoyable. I am also glad to see that the new renovations to our rooms and establishment were not lost to you and were completely enjoyed. We enjoyed having you as a guest and can't wait to see you again on further trips

Ray

Reviewed 7 March 2014

What really makes a difference here is the staff: all are polite, courteous and attentive. Ray, the manager, was very kind during our short stay. Besides that, you have big rooms with microwave and refrigerator. Even complimentary orange juice and muffins in the morning!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Marcio N

Hello Marcio,

Thank You for your wonderful review! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and to our traveler community. Our only means to measure our success is by the feedback we receive from all of our guests. We are happy we made an everlasting impression with our kind personal touch and we look forward to your next trip.

Ray A.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Inglewood
Best Western Plus Suites Hotel
Value Inn Worldwide
Value Inn Worldwide
#9 of 33 in Inglewood
Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport
Wingate by Wyndham Los Angeles International Airport LAX
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites -  LAX / El Segundo

Been to Crystal Inn Suites & Spas - LAX? Share your experiences!