“Close to LAX, Far From Sights” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of LAX Suites

LAX Suites
Ranked #20 of 32 Hotels in Inglewood
Delray Beach, Florida
“Close to LAX, Far From Sights”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

My primary reason for booking here was the proximity to LAX. The 'G' Line shuttle bus runs to/from LAX (free of charge) and stops just two blocks from the hotel - total travel time is under 15 minutes. Upon check-in the front desk manager showed me to my room, gave me the wi-fi code and let me know where to eat close-by. My room was spacious and clean, yet dated. The water was hot with great pressure. There was plenty of closet space and the queen size bed was quite comfortable. Didn't love being on the first floor - got a bit noisy when guests would arrive/depart with their cars. All in all, I can't complain - a good value close to the airport.

• Stayed August 2014
4 Thank backpacker31

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Brisbane. Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

My 2 friends and I stayed here for one night, as we couldn't get our flight to Germany.
It was a late booking and to be fair we only paid US$100 for a room with 3 double beds, so expectations weren't that high.
The location is ok, and is around $20 in a cab from LAX.
It does have wifi in the room, the room itself is quite dated, but comfortable enough for one nights sleep. There's not much around the hotel, which is in a pretty industrial area. Manhattan beach is pretty close if you want to go and have dinner and drinks in a nicer environment.
To be honest, the 2 staff we encountered were friendly and welcoming.
The hotel was sufficient for one night, but I wouldn't want to stay any longer.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank edgey74
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Lets do the positives first:
- Clean rooms: The room itself were relatively good. Clean sheets and bedding were appreciated.
- Free on-site parking
And then the negatives:
- We were trying to reach the hotel on the phone several times, but no one picked up. It took us about 6 calls over 24 hours to get someone to speak to us.
- Transportation: To get a shuttle from the airport, it would cost us $10 (each, i presume). And it wasnt available all the time. You had to call them and check if they could come pick you up. They said they may not be able to all the time. The alternative was to get a ride to the bus terminus (Free). It was only 2 blocks away, but lugging a couple of suitcases over sidewalks with construction wasnt easy.
- Lobby: The lobby didnt really exist. You walk up to a counter and ask and ring a bell to talk to someone behind a glass pane. That scared us, it seemed like they had had robberies. The lobby had an broken ATM machine and a small vending machine with some chocolates and chips. A thermos of coffee was available on a small table, but no space to sit.
- A 5$ refundable deposit for the room keycard seemed odd. So did a deposit to use the phone for local calls from the room. We both had cell phones, so we decided not to bother.
- The rooms seem to be off the parking lot directly. Anyone could walk off of the street and get to the rooms(combined with the landlord behind the protective glass, got us more concerned). We decided to sleep with a chair wedged against the door, just in case. From the other scratches on the door, we were not the first ones to do this.
- The room itself was clean, clean sheets on the bed.
- We got a room with a window ac unit, which stopped cooling after a couple of hours (fan seemed to work). Switching it off for a 10-15 mins seemed to get it running again.
- No ironing board/hair dryer. The toiletries were tiny, even compared to other hotel versions. We opted to go buy our own instead.
- The microwave worked, but there was a note taped to it asking us not to run it while the AC was running. Never seen that before. It was also a very weak microwave, took us twice as long to heat anything in it.
- The shower was clean, but too short. Not that big a deal, but still annoying.
- The internet was extremely flaky. I could not even get connected for more than a minute before it dropped me. My wife was able to get it for long enough to check emails, but we eventually switched to our hotspot instead. I spoke to the landlord, and he said he will check, but we never got a call back about it.
- We booked the room for 2 nights, but on the second day, we got a call asking if we were checking out. I reminded the landlord that we had the room for 2 nights, and he said he would correct it, but our key stopped working in another couple of hours. We had to go back to the counter and have them fix it.
- There was a phone next to the counter that seemed to be for folks needing a cab. We chose to rent a car on the second day instead, but i have always been able to call the receptionist and have them arrange one for me in other hotels
- The photos show a kitchenette, but it didnt exist in the room. May be something for the long term resident rooms only.
- The TV had HBO programming, that was good.

The place seems to be family owned, and i would love for them to be successful. However, given the cost (in line with other hotels in the neighborhood), the place was just not worth it. I have stayed in the area before, and if I were there again, I would go to one of the other hotels.
The shuttle should be free, the place needs to feel safe, I should be able to get 2 room key cards without a deposit for either, the microwave should work while the ac is running, arranging a cab should be easier, there needs to be a proper lobby, and i hope the ac is fixed before summer. A clock in the room would be great as well.
If I needed a place to sleep for a night, I would think this is a decent choice (Only if it were significantly cheaper). If I needed a place to stay for a day or two, I would pick one of the other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: You cant choose your room....they get assigned
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank sumesh n
Grootschermer, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I made a reservation online because I liked the reviews.
The idea of a 'family owned motel' with special attention paid to the guests appealed more to me than a big brand tower with hundreds of rooms where you feel like a number.
Also I liked the pictures of the little balconies.
So I booked a king room requesting a balcony.

Check-in time was 1 PM, I arrived at 1.30 PM and was told no rooms with balconies were available at that time.
Actually they only had one room and that was downstairs.
Unless I wanted to wait. How long? about 45 minutes.
Being exhausted from fighting the LA Freeway I opted for the only available room.

It turned out to be dark, drab, with a chair that was so unstable it was hard not to fall off it.
Extra's? There weren't any.
No kleenex, no small bottle of lotion - you even have to pay 50 cents for a small container of ice!
No tea or coffee in the room. No breakfast.
The bed linen was old and had holes in it.
The towels were small and coarse.
Before I forget: you have to pay a deposit of $ 5 for the key card!
Even though they already have your credit card number.

The view is not much either (there is a noisy street), neither is the neigbourhood.
When the guest upstairs walks around it sounds like he is holding a parade.

The A/C is really old and very noisy as well.

The rate of the room was $ 87.
Much too much considering what was offered.

What disappointed me most of all: the young man who checked me in may be a member of the supposedly very nice family but he was not friendly at all.
Never an "I'm sorry we cannot give you the room you want" no "let me see if I can speed something up".
No commiserating when I said that I had had a hard time on the freeway (to explain why I was not in the mood to wait another 45 minutes for a room).
Not even one smile!

Yes, it *is* close to LAX.
Many people stay here because they want to catch an early flight.
Now wouldn't it be nice if there was a clock in the room so you could check the time at a glance?
You guessed it: there isn't.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank JDm452
Diamond Bar, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I and my son stayed overnight to catch an early flight. Wakeup call was on time and the taxi or shuttle was handby so we didn't have to get up that early and also the distance was just a few minutes away from LAX. So we felt very relaxed and really enjoyed a good night sleep on very soft and comfortable beds. It was one room fee but that room actually had another separate room which really helped if one slept late with electronics. The linens were clean and smelled fresh. I especially enjoyed the morning shower which gave strong and hot water that truly reenergized me for a long trip. The parking lot was spacious and well-lit. And most of all, the service was very friendly and courteous. They truly went the extra mile to make you feel at home when you were away from home. I highly recommend this beautiful place to all of my friends with a passion.

Room Tip: Some rooms have separate rooms inside, it's like two bedrooms in at one entrance.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

clean, basic rooms that are within minutes of LAX and close to car rental places. Area is safe and quiet but lack amenities. No tea/coffee in room or hotel and none in walking distance so after your long flight take some drinks and snacks with you.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hangzhou, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

This hotel is near the metro green line train and appears to be in a sketchy area, but it's not that bad of an area. The staff is very friendly and outgoing and if you leave a good review on yelp, they'll give you a free water or soda. The Taiwanese woman is helpful and gave me a free room upgrade. It's near the airport and for the price you pay, you get a decent room. We all shouldn't expect to pay for a one star hotel and get a five star hotel once we show up; For this being L.A. the hotel prices too bad for what you get.

Room Tip: Try staying in room on upper level
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Hangzhou29
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Westside
Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl
Westside
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
Value Inn Worldwide
#9 of 32 in Inglewood
LAX Area
Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard

Been to LAX Suites? Share your experiences!