“Average”

Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Inglewood
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Average”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This hotel is near LAX. You don't have to worry about the neighborhood because it is safe. The hotel is old. I don't like the smell of their hallway though. The carpet stinks looks dirty and look like its not being cleaned for a long time. Service was good the receptionist were friendly and accommodating. The room is clean has a small fridge, microwave, coffee maker, cable tv. It is pretty decent. A perfect hotel for somebody who needs a place to sleep at night. No restaurant near it and doesn't have a fitness center.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Rohit P, Front Office Manager at Value Inn Worldwide, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. We are sorry that you were dissatisfied with our hallway and our carpets, but we will take this into future consideration in order to meet the needs of our customers. It is unfortunate that we do not have a fitness center, but we do have a couple of restaurants nearby, though it's not of a wide variety. But we appreciate your thoughts and opinions. We hope to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Hungarian first
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We were a bit apprehensive since most of the reviews we saw of hotels in the area and the price range were horrible at best. We know that anyone can make a review and those with a bad experience will yell the loudest but we were worried just the same having never been to the area. We were looking for a hotel to stay after a day at Venice Beach with the next day going down to Long Beach. Proximity to LAX was not important although we were concerned about airplane noise.

Anyway, the Value Inn in Inglewood appears to be in an OK area of town and was very well kept up externally. Parking was free and located immediately behind the hotel. Our hopes were rising. We checked in with a very pleasant lady and everything on our reservations was correct.

The room was spacious and well fitted with a microwave, coffee pot with coffee, fridge, safe, quiet a/c, and large bathroom. The bed was comfortable and there were lots of electrical outlets for our phone and computer chargers as well. A nice continental breakfast with coffee, juice, breads, and waffle maker was provided in a spacious dining area.

About the only thing we can say as a con was that the towels were a bit thin. We did see other reviews that mentioned that so if they would change their vendor options, that one and only issue would disappear.

Given the opportunity, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PeteC417
Rohit P, Front Office Manager at Value Inn Worldwide, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. As for the towels, thank you for letting us know. We will take the suggestion into future consideration. We hope to see you again in the future.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Stayed here for one night after getting off a 12.5 hour flight from Auckland. They don't have a shuttle bus so we had to pay $19 for a taxi. The lady at the desk was very nice and polite. We had already pre-booked so just had to provide our credit card so they could take a security deposit. There is only one elevator which seems to be very slow. The room was clean and there was free Wi-Fi. The air conditioner was quite noisy. Breakfast was basic but adequate. The motel itself isn't really near any shopping but getting down to Target on the bus was a breeze. We went to buy a kettle as we don't like the coffee from a coffee maker. When it was time to leave the hotel to go and get our hire car the lady at the desk offered to call a taxi for us. We would most likely stay at this motel if ever we are in LA again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kiwi2768
Rohit P, Front Office Manager at Value Inn Worldwide, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We're sorry that the air conditioner was a bit too noisy, but we're glad that you still enjoyed your stay here. We look forward to having you here again.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2013

First of all when we arrived at the place the front desk told us that we were obliged to upgrade our room because they didn't have the room we had booked online and had a reservation confirmation number with a printed out sheet of paper that stated the one room with a queen bed costs a certain amount and that we had confirmed our stay. We had arrived late at night and were so exhausted that we didn't bother calling booking or arguing and paid an extra 40 dollars.

The rooms are nice and the location is pretty easy to find and close to LAX airport.

We talked to the front desk the next day about the room and price and they told us that if we ever returned they could give us a discount. Coincidentally we were returning to Los Angeles after a trip to San Diego. So when we were in San Diego we gave the place a call and explained we were returning guest...discount... We were set for another two days and we confirmed our stay with the manager of the place. We had called at about 8 at night, then at 2 in the morning for who knows why, the manager calls us back and explains to us that the rooms are unavailable. Now I might be mistaken but most hotels don't usually call their guest at 2 in the morning knowing that they are tired and sleeping.

Would not recommend Value inn on the account of our personal experiences.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank travellerjun
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I made reservations online on February 20, 2013 for a one night stay in July 2013. I paid the reservation in full at the time of the reservation. We went to check into the hotel and was told that I had to have the same credit card that I made the reservation with in order to check in. I advised Amanda the website did not tell me the same card has to be used to check in.* Credit card holder must be present at time of check-in
* Upon check-in, a credit card or $250 refundable cash deposit is required for incidentals. A deposit of 1 night room and tax is required at time of reservation on applicable rates. A full refund will be provided if cancelled within the allotted time
I showed Amanda my credit card and drivers’ license that has the exact same information as my reservation. I showed her my confirmation page , my license with my matching address as my reservation and the MasterCard that I brought also had my name to confirm my license and credit card matched along with my Debit card all of the cards had the same information and Amanda’s and her parents refused to check us in. I explained to them I only brought my debit card, my credit card and license. They refused to let us check in. Amanda told me she did not have a manager available to help us. I explained to her that I wanted my money put back on my credit card or a room for the night. Amanda declined again. I explained to her that I was going to all the police if she did not give me my money back on my card or a room. She then called her mother/ manager and was instructed to put the money back on my card. This experience has caused me such a heartache and lack of sleep. We had to try and find another hotel on a holiday weekend. If that was not bad enough it was my BIRTHDAY. I have been a loyal customer to you all and I was treated like I was a homeless person. I understand security measures but I had more than enough proof to show I was the account holder with an ABV value customer number that has all of my information.
This was a total embarrassment. Amanda and her family really caused major problems for us on vacation and my birthday.

Room Tip: The hotel was not in a safe place, I am glad we did not stay here, hookers outside the hotel at 12 n...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank emcbrid
Rohit P, Front Office Manager at Value Inn Worldwide, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
We are sorry about your experience here at our hotel. As you’ve stated, security measures are taken in order to ensure the prevention of credit card fraud. Although you had other documents that validated your reservation and identity, as well as other credit/debit cards with your name on it, there was still no sufficient proof of ownership of the credit card that was used during booking. In cases such as this, we give the option of refunding the original credit card and having the guest pay with a different method of payment (i.e. a different credit card), in which, you did not accept our offer.

As a suggestion for future references, it would be ideal to carry any credit/debit card that you use with you at all times. It makes the validation process much quicker and easier for the general public.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Hi. We (couple and a baby) have stayed here the last day of our trip. Its always a good idea in LA to be close to the airport if you are planing to leave LA (massive traffic).
I was very surprised of my room. One of the best stays i had in my California trip. I wished I should have stayed my whole LA stay here.
I just can recommend it. I had room 203.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thornton
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Just off the plane, its evening and we didn't want to drive far in a strange environment, so we pre-booked this place, - MISTAKE!!! The place is in need of a complete makeover. dirty corridors and carpets and tired rooms. Pick something a bit more upmarket for your 1st night !!!

Room Tip: There's plenty of choice on W Century Boulevard.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Rohit P, Front Office Manager at Value Inn Worldwide, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
We are sorry that you were displeased with your stay at our hotel. We're trying our best to meet the needs of our customers. We've made renovations to some of our rooms and we're still in the process of doing the other rooms as well.

Once again, we're truly sorry. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and have a nice day.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Westside
Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl

Been to Value Inn Worldwide? Share your experiences!