“Great stay”

Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Inglewood
Fresno, California
“Great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Although from the surrounding area the hotel doesn't seem like it would be as nice as it was. Check in was very easy and the older Middle Eastern woman was cordial. Lobby area is small but clean. The room was very spacious and clean, I was surprised in the amount of space we had. (We got a room with 2 beds) The bathroom was good size as well. Hotel is not to far from some fast food restaurants, but definitely easier if you have a car. The microwave and refrigerator were a plus My only complaint I had was the neighborhood, which looked worse than it was. I definitely will be staying here again, the room was great for the money we paid.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Hungarian first
Bakersfield, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

My girlfriend and I were looking for a cheap hotel near the airport, and saw the reviews on this one and thought it must be decent, but don't be fooled it's anything but decent. We pulled up to the hotel to find it in a pretty ghetto neighborhood. And when I say ghetto I mean it. We went to Taco Bell down the street and it had an extra security dropbox contraption on the drive-thru window. The parking lot at the hotel had a smashed in car, and when we walked into the hotel there was a lock on the front door which you wouldn't find on most hotels. The reception took a very long time to check in, probably around 20 minutes even though we were the only ones checking in because there's only one receptionist who also had to keep taking phone calls. Once we got to our room we found crumbs in different places, stains on the floors,walls, and ceilings, the microwave disgusting, holes on the walls, the sink dirty, soap scum on the walls on the shower and on the soap holder in the shower, the towels in the bathroom just thrown onto the racks, and a dirty dusty window which you couldn't open. Oh and not to mention there wasn't even an iron with the ironing board but a piece of tape where it would go saying that you could get one from the front desk. The floor we were on smelt of weed, and they require a $200 deposit for furniture that if broken is likely worth $50. Absolutely awful, I do not recommend it other than it's location right down the road from LAX.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AlextheTork
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

I only stayed one night, before another long flight. It was perfect.
Ideally located for me, near the airport. A few miles down Century Blvd was great shopping for clothes and shoes. Rooms are comfortable and well set-up. And the takeaway food suggested ( Mexican) was great. Staff most helpful and friendly. Very good experience.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Krisboy77
Rohit P, Front Office Manager at Value Inn Worldwide, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
We greatly appreciate taking the time to review our hotel. It is very considerate for you to let other readers know that our hotel is close to the airport, close to some shopping plazas, as well as suggesting a type of food that other guests can try out. We look forward to having you stay with us again. Thank you.
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

If you travel due east from LAX on West Century Boulevard you will find this delightful motel where the traffic thins out. It's a little isolated from restaurants but the refrigerator and microwave more than make up for that. This location is better suited for guests with cars and the only drawback is the rather narrow parking spaces not suited for people in love with their car. Not enough extra spaces to lonely park. The staff is fantastic to a person and the room layout is perfect with a sofa-bed/seating area divided from the queen bed by the "kitchen" island with wet bar. This provides line of sight privacy and would work fine with a couple of youngsters. And there are tons of big tables seating four in the large breakfast room. I would describe the breakfast as modest with cold cereal, milk, juice, toast, coffee and small muffins. Guests are not allowed to remove food from the breakfast room. I loved the window seat which sits above the heat pump. Easy 405 access. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: It would be noisy in the front of the building on Century Blvd.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Ahmedabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Stayed there 2 nights in Feb-14. Was looking something close to USC where my brother-in-law studies but found this reasonably priced motel around 13 miles from the university. No regrets for the price we paid for our stay. Quick check-in and check-out. Room was good but bathroom needs renovation. Breakfast was basic and ok. Parking was limited around the motel. Might be a problem during busy seasons. Overall, a decent stay. Would recommend staying there.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Kennewick, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a half dozen times during the past year and found it suitable. My most recent trip on Sunday, January 26, I stayed in room 314, a room for disabled, which appeared to be clean and comfortable.
Monday afternoon I noticed red spots forming on my skin and by Tuesday had over 50 bed bug bites. Two weeks later there are still signs of the bites on my arms and hands.
I contacted the hotel and their corporate office expecting some form of compensation but have not received even an acknowledgement of the problem.
I caution other travelers to check bedding for bugs as this is a problem you do not want to experience or bring home.

Room Tip: Ask about bed bugs then check the bedding yourself.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank SwissTom_11
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

Chose this place based on the Tripadvisor ratings (which I found to be very accurate). Booked a room for one night for $65 (including tax) on Orbitz so wasn't expecting much. The area didn't look too inviting and parking was not secured so I was a bit apprehensive.

I felt much better as soon as I entered the building as the reception area was nice and bright with a large, neat dining area. Management was very professional and I was off to my room in no time.

I was very pleasantly surprised as I entered my second floor room. It was very spacious, clean and appealing with a nice flat panel tv, fridge, microwave, ironing board and cute sitting room with a comfortable couch and coffee table. The bathroom was also clean and spacious.

I had a very comfortable and quiet night's sleep and the next morning the hotel provided a generous breakfast of waffles, toast, muffins, cereal (2 choices w/milk), coffee, tea, orange juice and water along with the morning news on an overhead flat panel tv in a clean and comfortable dining area.

I wouldn't feel comfortable taking a walk on the street at night but I would definitely stay here again! A great value!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ryan S
Rohit P, Front Office Manager at Value Inn Worldwide, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
We appreciate the time you took to review your stay at our hotel. Thank you for complimenting our rooms and letting other readers know your experience. Although our parking lot is not gated, we do have security cameras. Like with any place, we advise everyone traveling anywhere to not have valuables visible if they choose to keep it in their vehicle.

Once again, thank you very much and we hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Westside
Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl
Westside
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel

Been to Value Inn Worldwide? Share your experiences!