Royal Century Hotel
TripAdvisor
Diamond Inn(Inglewood)
US$108
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This neighborhood has several inexpensive hotels some with not-so-good reps.
I was at a party at a well-known hotel nearer LAX where the rooms were at least twice my budget price.
I chose this hotel because it had a the better description than several "cheaper" hotels near LAX not the least of which was served directly by public transportation to/from LAX at 1am.
The surprise was the room I had was quiet, clean and large with a balcony and a pool being well used by the kids staying there.
This is one of the best values for the money I have experienced.
The only knock was the calcium build-up on the shower door.
The "restaurant" is a Burger King at the Bus Stop.

Room Tip: In the back on the third floor near the one elevator with two beds.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 June 2013

My husband and me booked this hotel for 1 night when we reached LA. We were going to drive to Yosemite the next day and wanted something less expensive for the night. We booked this hotel as it is closer to airport and our flight was scheduled to arrive at 11.30pm. After arriving in LA and renting a car we reached this hotel by 1am. It is located in a shady looking place. We parked the car and checked in to the hotel. We reached our room and opened the door and got the shock of our lives. The room was pathetic and dirty. The bed covers were dusty and ragged. Bedsheet was full of some stains. Carpet was so dirty we decided to not remove our shoes. Bathroom was horrible. Shower door was almost jammed with some sort of green fungus. I couldn't sleep as I kept feeling someone would break open and enter our room. After a horrible night we got up early and got ready. We thought of having breakfast before checkout. Only some 3-4 donuts were available with some horrible coffee. The lobby consisted of 2 chairs. We decided to run away from this disgusting place. Don't be fooled by their cheap value. There is Comfort Inn just three blocks away which you could get for some 10-20$ extra.Don't ever stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank swarrier123
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Upon entering the hotel lobby all staff were very friendly and helpful and the lobby looked clean and appealing. The walk to the room was also not bad, the courtyard was neat and presentable and the pool looked clean. (It was locked but for one night we weren't bothered). The room was so cheap for one night we didn't really care what the decor was like. Although really good value i'd like to point out that the room itself was pretty dire. The paint was chipping and peeling off the walls, the bed rock solid, the bathroom tap didn't work and the shower was like a spraying mist. Also there were no main lights in the room just three lamps, one of which didn't work. After settling down with the T.V. we finally got to sleep and to be honest it wasn't as bad as we thought it would be. Breakfast was just donuts and coffee, but hey, your in America! All in all it was a pleasant stay and was just what we needed to see us through one night. Location was also perfect as very close to LAX Airport!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 4 November 2012

It was a disgusting place. Its old and run down. Paint is chipping all over the place. Floor is cement in most areas and ugly. I could deal with that if the place was clean. We got three different rooms because we came in a group and every one of them was disgusting. They do surface cleaning but that is about it. Bed sheet on top gets cleaned...I think, but the sheets on all the springboards were dirty and had dirt brown stuff all over them. they didnt even match! I was grossed out touching the bottom half of the bed. We all kept our socks on because we didnt want to touch the floor. Bathrooms were clean except for the bathtubs. Had shower scum on the sides and on the the curtains. i felt disgusted eating in their. Didnt want to touch anything I didnt have to. God knows what was on them since they barely cleaned. Looked ghetto and was in a ghetto area. Plus side was that it was near several fast food joints. I would have canceled but I wasn't the one who got it. I didn't want them to feel bad and tell them I didnt want to stay there so i stayed. One of their websites said they had microwave. Non of the rooms came with a microwave. The person giving our room key was polite. I wouldn't have minded how run down it was as long as it was cleaned right. I just can't get over how dirty the bottom sections of the bed were. Do they not think people will see it when they have to go to bed? I will never in a million years recommend this place to someone.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family