“I though this was a great deal.......” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Royal Century Hotel

Royal Century Hotel
Ranked #25 of 32 Hotels in Inglewood
Santa Ana, California, United States
“I though this was a great deal.......”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

Now I use price line to get this room. now fist they say it's near lax I if 6 miles is your Idea of close. and now maybe I was just having a bad day. First they gave me a room that wasn't clean. then the 2ed room the door wouldn't open. the 3ed room had an over powering smell of beach! Now I wanted to know what happen in this room before I got there now the room had 2 bed and I didn't notices that the other bed had Ants all over it! and it got all over my close that I laid on the bed. But Like I said Maybe I was just having a bad trip.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Steve F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

I stayed there for couple of nights. Hugh nice and clean room with no disturbance from anyone. Heads straight to LAX airport and nearby crossing where public transport to Downtown is available. Eating places such as Burger king is just around the corner. Hotel looked clean throughout. Cereals, Donuts, milk, tea/coffe/juice in the breakfast. Facility of booking various tour packages at the reception which gives a pick and drop from the Hotel. I faced some communication problems with Chinese and Maxican staff though but they were able to understand my needs and provided me stuffs I needed. Overall it was a good stay at the hotel for me atleast.

Room Tip: Though the hotel has a lift too, but I would suggest to pick a room on ground floor or 1st.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Viju1098
San Bernardino, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

I have 3 three words to describe this hotel... A-S***-HOLE...The hotel wasn't worth $1.75. It was my Anniversay Weekend and we needed a hotel close to LAX, so according to the website it looked decent for the price. The hotel on the outside needed to be completely re-modeled. The elevator had a pissy smell inside and looked disgusting. The rooms were dirty and had no closet doors with ROTTEN MILDEW all the showers and closets. The Bed sheets had who know what kind of stains on them. The room furniture looked like they stole it from a junk yard. The worst experience I ever had!!!!! I wouldn't let my cat take a s*** in this room!!!! that how disgusting it was!!!!!

Room Tip: Here's a tip stay clear from this hotel from hell...:)
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Krystal W
Townsville, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

I travel often and usually get what I expect for the price. This hotel is not worth even the $68.00 I paid for one night after an international carrier had a major delay. EXTREMELY RUDE STAFF, dirty rooms and rubbish all over the hotel. The worst of the worst. Nothing in the 3rd world is as bad as this!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms --- STAY ELSEWHERE!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jarthurw
San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

This neighborhood has several inexpensive hotels some with not-so-good reps.
I was at a party at a well-known hotel nearer LAX where the rooms were at least twice my budget price.
I chose this hotel because it had a the better description than several "cheaper" hotels near LAX not the least of which was served directly by public transportation to/from LAX at 1am.
The surprise was the room I had was quiet, clean and large with a balcony and a pool being well used by the kids staying there.
This is one of the best values for the money I have experienced.
The only knock was the calcium build-up on the shower door.
The "restaurant" is a Burger King at the Bus Stop.

Room Tip: In the back on the third floor near the one elevator with two beds.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

My husband and me booked this hotel for 1 night when we reached LA. We were going to drive to Yosemite the next day and wanted something less expensive for the night. We booked this hotel as it is closer to airport and our flight was scheduled to arrive at 11.30pm. After arriving in LA and renting a car we reached this hotel by 1am. It is located in a shady looking place. We parked the car and checked in to the hotel. We reached our room and opened the door and got the shock of our lives. The room was pathetic and dirty. The bed covers were dusty and ragged. Bedsheet was full of some stains. Carpet was so dirty we decided to not remove our shoes. Bathroom was horrible. Shower door was almost jammed with some sort of green fungus. I couldn't sleep as I kept feeling someone would break open and enter our room. After a horrible night we got up early and got ready. We thought of having breakfast before checkout. Only some 3-4 donuts were available with some horrible coffee. The lobby consisted of 2 chairs. We decided to run away from this disgusting place. Don't be fooled by their cheap value. There is Comfort Inn just three blocks away which you could get for some 10-20$ extra.Don't ever stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank swarrier123
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

Upon entering the hotel lobby all staff were very friendly and helpful and the lobby looked clean and appealing. The walk to the room was also not bad, the courtyard was neat and presentable and the pool looked clean. (It was locked but for one night we weren't bothered). The room was so cheap for one night we didn't really care what the decor was like. Although really good value i'd like to point out that the room itself was pretty dire. The paint was chipping and peeling off the walls, the bed rock solid, the bathroom tap didn't work and the shower was like a spraying mist. Also there were no main lights in the room just three lamps, one of which didn't work. After settling down with the T.V. we finally got to sleep and to be honest it wasn't as bad as we thought it would be. Breakfast was just donuts and coffee, but hey, your in America! All in all it was a pleasant stay and was just what we needed to see us through one night. Location was also perfect as very close to LAX Airport!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple