“Nice and comfortable”

Quality Inn & Suites Los Angeles Airport - LAX
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Inglewood
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I had read mixed reviews but I still wanted to give this hotel a try, so I booked a four-night stay. Before arrival, I had to make some changes to my reservation and the front desk agent kindly helped me with that over the phone. Upon arrival, I drove a rental car and parked on site at no extra charge. When I checked in, I was pleasantly surprised to find myself in a very spacious suite, with a sitting area, a comfortable king bed, a separate desk nook, and three large windows for extra natural light. The TV set was large, probably 42", with OK picture quality. Some channels were snowy but that is more likely an issue with their cable provider than the hotel itself. The Wi-Fi was fast enough for basic internet browsing, but not fast enough for movie watching on Netflix. I did not eat breakfast at the hotel so I cannot comment on it, but I know it was offered for free. The check-in and check-out processes went smoothly, and the staff members were nice. The location is adequate, very close to LAX airport, Manhattan Beach; and offers easy access to the freeway. I strongly recommend renting a car because LA is very spread out, and the hotel is a good starting point to explore the metro area. The only real negative is the bathroom fixtures and lights, which could use an update. All in all, I would definitely come back next time I am in Los Angeles.

Room Tip: Corner suites have more windows than regular rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Based on overnight stay, elevator with outside access to room. On entering comfortable separate sitting area with sofa, microwave, fridge and flat screen TV. Bedroom with vanity sink and mirror. Each time we sat on the bed the headboard hit the wall. Good size whirlpool tub unable to use the jets due to our late check in. Swimming pool one level below our room. Driver of courtesy shuttle was very pleasant to chat with. Estimated 15 minutes drive to LAX airport. We were the only departures. Female Front Desk agent friendly, but lacks experience we could have had a major problem. Thank you Abdul.

Room Tip: Near to 7-11, Laundromat, Mexican restaurant, Pizza and Liquor stores. The Manager will go over and...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2014

March 24, 2014 – Convenient overnight stay in route to California adventure.
Older hotel near LAX in need of renovation. Clean rooms, nice beds and clean bathroom. Our reservation was for a NON-smoking king bed. When we arrived we were informed they were full and only had one-king smoking bed available. Other choice was a two-bed NON-smoking room. After much discussion we agreed to the two-bed NON-smoking room at half the price. Management was very accommodating.
Breakfast was included with sausage patties, scrambled eggs and the normal continental breakfast accompaniments.
Plus – close to LAX and shuttle provided.
Minus – website stated to use hotel phone bank located in the airport to request shuttle. However, when we called no one answered. We had to call the main number to arrange the shuttle.
Hint: Try and stay near the elevator, otherwise rooms can be a distance away especially when toting luggage.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Edward L
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The bathtub had oil in it and was clogged up, there were bed bugs in the bed, and the bed linen was dirty with hair, dirt and dried up blood on the pillowcases and sheets. There was smudged make up on a pillow case, the room smelled, there was food left in the refrigerator from previous guests, the note pad on the desk was written all over by previous guests and there were several roaches in the room. The floor/carpet and furniture in the room was dirty. I have a disability and the elevator was out of order. I had to walk to the next building to use the other elevator, which was extremely dirty. There were people outside of the door fighting making a lot of noise and the people upstairs were very loud. The hotel lobby also had a foul odor. Manage Abdul never responded for my request to meet with him face to face nor did he return my calls regarding this matter.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel like Sheraton.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Deborah H
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I regret not paying more for a better place. It's at the wrong end of West Century Blvd., which is what fooled me when booking. The area is the pits and whilst our bedroom was clean and comfortable the adjoining room of the suite was dark and dirty and the hotel in general was run down. The waiting time for airport shuttle bus was way too long. The breakfast was good. I suppose it would do for a one night airport stay but only if you do not venture out in the evening.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We needed a last minute hotel after a cancelled flight home. We booked online at the airport, jumped straight on the little bus, and were off loading out suitcases in minutes. Staff at this hotel are absolutely fantastic, really welcoming and friendly. Rates are super cheap and as there were 6 of us, allowed all of us in the 1 room, which saved us a fortune. The hotel is dated, but clean, staff are great and breakfast varied. So as a stop over to catch a flight or some sleep, this more than fits the bill for those on a budget.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Rooms are out dated ( I stayed deluxe room with kingsize bed) forth flour.
Room is very noisy thanks to noisy neighbor and connecting door.
Carpet on the floor , dirty and old.
Breakfast acceptable. Long waiting time during in checking.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Westside
Westside
Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport
Best Western Airpark Hotel
#5 of 33 in Inglewood

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Los Angeles Airport - LAX? Share your experiences!