“You get what you pay for”

Best Western Airpark Hotel
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Inglewood
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a single overnight stay while passing through LA. Being close to the airport, it's in a pretty handy location to LAX, and quite a bit cheaper than the big name hotels directly near the airport. So in terms of value for money it was pretty good if you're just looking for somewhere to sleep for the night. It was clean enough, the bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was functional. It wasn't fancy but then it wasn't that expensive either (comparatively speaking for LA) Breakfast was included, and although it was pretty basic it was perfectly adequate. Parking was free, which is a nice find in LA, and the wifi was included. The wifi was fast enough to make video calls using Hangouts, which was important to me. Overall, for the cost, it was a pretty decent hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel is on a reasonably busy street, so with the windows open it can be a bit noisy, but it was...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Lance P, General Manager at Best Western Airpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Customer,
Thank you for taking the time, To provide us with a review. We value our customer's experiences and we strive to fully meet our customer's lodging needs. Thank you very much and we hope to see you in the future.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Airpark Hotel

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for layover. I felt safe as solo woman with shuttle bus and room. I requested room not on ground floor and away from highway and was given such. Allowed early check in which was great after flying in from Australua. All clerks were friendly and helpful. They booked day tour of LA with pick up/drop off. Used Lobby to wait for late night flight out after having checked out. Used lobby computer for online flight check in and printed out boarding pass using hotel computer. Stored bags for day but I felt security of bags inadequate. Nothing happened to my luggage fortunately. Breakfast ok. Bed too soft. Bathroom adequate. Fridge in room. I went to gas station across road to get food during daylight hours. Not a safe area to walk about for solo woman but if you are planning to stay in hotel not on ground floor you should be safe. Good for layover but not for sightseeing. Excellent staff.

Stayed: August 2014
Lance P, General Manager at Best Western Airpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Customer,
We at the Best Western Airpark Hotel would like to thank you for reviewing our property. It brings music to our ears to hear a customer that had a great stay. We take pride in providing excellent service and we hope to see you soon. Thank you!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Room was hot - windows open when we ckd in July, carpet was wet in places, electrical outlets did not work and/or others were loose. coffee pot pretty much exploded on us. elevator kept breaking down, we were on the 4th floor and had to use the stairs at least 4 times. not a safe area of town either. hotel is old - staff is uncaring

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Customer,
The entire staff at the Best Western Airpark Hotel would like to thank you for your business and for reviewing our property. The entire staff would also like to apologize for all of the problems that you experienced during your stay. I am sorry our facilities and amenities were not up to par, Our customer's experiences are the most important thing to us and we are sorry about this situation.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We were given a room on the fourth floor. It was late at night when we checked in. I walked into the room ahead of my two small children and went straight to the window. It was wide open. I put my fingertips to the screen and it was loose! It was large enough & low enough that either one of my children could have put pressure on it and fallen out! I was horrified. I called customer care so hopefully the problem has been resolved. Other than that, the room had an odor and was less than clean. Would never stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Lance P, General Manager at Best Western Airpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Customer,
I would like to personally apologize for all of the safety issues you experienced. Our customers safety is our primary concern and we are truly sorry. Thank you for you review and thank you for you business.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Convenient location near LAX for an overnight stay, but the facility is shabby especially the exterior. Décor needs updating and the breakfast area is way too small to accommodate the number of guests.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Lance P, General Manager at Best Western Airpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Dean S,
We at the Best Western Airpark Hotel appreciate your business as well as your feedback. Thank you for providing us with a review and your experience is important to us. I would like to apologize for any problems and inconveniences that occurred.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This hotel is very close to the LAX airport. Price is very competitive. Room has a refrigerator large enough for two people to use for a few days stay. Room has a microwave and a coffer maker. Coffee supply, however, might be refilled daily. Hotel staff is nice, room service is good, check-in check-out is quick. The breakfast is fine, and it would be nice if potatoes are available. The building seems to be old, elevator has no direction or level indication. The parking is free, space is tight but adequate for a car. The reception lobby is small, especially at the breakfast time. Coffee, however, is available all the time. The area has numerous fast food restaurant, only one simple bar within walking distance. Good hotel for short stop by, but should consider other areas if you want fine dining or a broad vision (more space).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Lance P, General Manager at Best Western Airpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Customer,
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with a review with regards to your recent stay. It was our pleasure in meeting your lodging needs. We value all of our customer's insight and experiences and we will use your review to help improve our facility. Thank you!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed here one night after arriving at 11pm into Los Angeles (LAX) airport on a business trip.

The Hotel is very close to LAX, it took me like 3 minutes to drive to it from the rental car facility, but they also have a Shuttle Bus from the airport I believe if you are not renting a car.
My check-in experience was fine and the guy on the desk checked me in quickly and politely.

I had a room on the third floor and my first impression is that I did not like the doorways that are in pairs behind a secondary outer door (so for example the entrance door to my room #322 and the door to the neighbouring room #321 where both behind an 'outer' door!) I assume this is for added security but it made the hotel seem more like a prison block... See photos.

On entering my room I was hit with a stale smell that could of been tobacco smoke (there were ash trays in my room even though I booked a non-smoking room) or it may have just been generally stale. The room is of a reasonable size and the bed was big and comfortable but in general the room looked dull and tired and in need of a brighten up. It was decorated in browns and beiges and could do with a splash of colour... It just looked drab and dirty, (Quite a few marks on the carpet so glad that was brown else it would have looked 10 times worse).

The room AirCon worked but was so noisy that I switched it off for sleeping as it kept me awake, this meant I was then rather warm as it's hot in LA in July. The room had a Philips LCDTV, fridge, microwave, desk, clock radio and the room WiFi worked perfectly.

The breakfast area is just the rear of the small lobby and as such just had seats for 16 people. Considering that the hotel has 71 rooms (all multiple occupancy capability) then this is an inadequate dining area. The breakfast selection is also very limited compared to other Best Western Hotel's I have stayed in.

All in all I think this hotel is 'below average' and as I said in my title it's more like a 'Motel' than a Hotel that you'd expect from the Best Western brand with it's usual consistent / reliable standards. Also the US$125 I paid for a 1 King Bed Room was poor value - Not Recommended.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the main road side if that's possible.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Customer,
The entire staff at the Best Western Airpark Hotel would like to thank you for your business. It has been our pleasure in servicing your lodging needs. I would to personally apologize for any problems that happened during your stay. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we will use your review to improve our facilities and service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Westside
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
LAX Area
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
#92 of 353 in Los Angeles
LAX Area
Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport

Been to Best Western Airpark Hotel? Share your experiences!