“Thieving staff”

Best Western Airport Plaza Inn
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Inglewood
Reviewed 6 November 2007

Average hotel. Front desk helpful. Shuttle bus very useful. Maids are thieves however. I had some money in a birthday card to give my partner and it was shut away in my suitcase. The card has been ripped open and the money taken. The only people that would have access to the room would have been the staff/maids.

I would not stay here again ever. Incident left a bad taste in my mouth and was a reminder of what a seedy, run-down, crime ridden area I was staying in.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank orangewater228

Reviewed 28 August 2007

I got this place for $65 through Priceline which was about right. The catch is that Priceline believe this hotel is in the "Culver City" area, which it is clearly NOT. This hotel is near the airport, nowhere near Culver City. So beware when booking anything through Priceline. So my trip to LA was severely set back by Priceline's designation of this hotel's location. That said, if you need a hotel near the airport, this place is good, if you can get it cheap. The rooms are OK, the breakfast is excellent for US motel standards, and the staff are friendly and helpful. There is a diner and strip mall with a large supermarket across the street. But if you want a central LA location then go somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2007

I stayed at this hotel during my Birthday trip to Los Angeles. My Dad paid for this trip and booked everything through Travelocity.com. This hotel/motel was picked based on the price. This infact is a Motel, since the doors are actually outside, instead of inside. There were a few problems that we encountered when first arriving to the hotel.

Initially our room was not ready when we first arrived. So we went to go get something to eat. About an hour later, our room still was not ready. They issued us another room. The room was a corner room, on the 2nd floor. Everything in the room was up to date. The beds were comfy and free from cigarette burns and stains. The bathroom was really clean, which is always a plus. The one thing I didn't like, was that the sink wasn't inside the bathroom, but outside in the room. So the only thing in the bathroom was a toilet and tub.

The water pressue for the sink wasn't all the great, and I had to jiggle the handle to get a good flow of water. The water pressure in the shower, wasn't all that great either. Nonetheless it got me clean!

The cleaning staff really didn't speak any english, only the front desk manager could speak clear english. The staff however cleaned the room up very well each night we were there. There really wasn't anything majorly bad about this hotel/motel. The parking area is enclosed (but not gated). So it provides some kind of security (given the area the hotel is in).

Every morning from 7am to 10am there is a free continental breakfast that they provide. There are plenty of hearty and healthy options. The pool is a tad small, but it doubles as a spa. All in all this is a pretty decent play to stay. This is not by any means a Marriott or Hilton, but you basically get what you pay for. If you are looking for a cheap place to stay in LA, this probably would be your best bet.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank Thatguy19
Reviewed 19 June 2007

We booked this hotel for one night until our early morning flight the following morning. Thank goodness we were only staying 1 night! I have no idea how this rates a 2.5 when I would barely give it a 1!

The hotel claims it is one of the closest to the airport, but we passed at least 2 dozen other hotels that looked nicer and were MUCH closer. Also, once we arrived at the hotel, the neighborhood made us really uneasy. Granted, it was 11:00 PM at night, but it still looked awfully shady.

The staff was average, but when we checked-in, there were extra taxes that I had NOT been quoted when given a price quote. I had contacted the hotel directly and gotten the “manager’s special” – no mention of the extra fees associated with it. When we arrived at the room, it was quite small and looked awfully dirty. The sink was completely clogged and the toilet didn’t flush properly.

Obviously, we weren’t looking for a 5-star hotel. However, we had stayed at several budget hotels over our trip and this was by far the worst one. If you are staying over night before an early morning flight, this hotel is average. But don’t plan on staying here longer than 1 night – there are better hotels in Los Angeles!

• Stayed: June 2007
Reviewed 10 June 2007

shuttle available from & to the airport but a little bit far from the airport (10 min by car).
Room : clean, space, airconditionned making noise.
Bathroom : clean.
Free breakfast : awful
Nice staff at the reception.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2007

We booked this hotel through Best Western directly, since it was near LAX and offered a Park and Fly option. We parked our car at the property, and they gave us a shuttle ride to the airport and picked us up when we returned.
There were numerous fast food restaurants within walking distance, and the rooms were spacious, with mini refrigerators, hair dryers, cable television. Continental breakfast was included, and it was good, too. The clerks were helpful with every request, even if I felt like I might be making a pest out of myself! I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kkd0725
Reviewed 15 October 2006

Stayed at this Best Western for one night at the end of September and it was exactly what I was expecting: A solid 2.5 star hotel conveniently located off of the 405 near the Howard Hughes Entertainment Center. The room was spacious and clean although the decor seemed a bit dated (from the 1980's). The water pressure was fine, and the air conditioner worked well. The free continental breakfast was nothing special but greatly appreciated and included the usual spread of doughuts, fruit danish, bagels, toast, cereals, coffee, juice etc... Parking is free as well. For the price, it's a pretty good value in Los Angeles and fits the bill for those wanting a basic 2.5 star hotel experience.

Stayed: September 2006
4  Thank derekk2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Best Western Airpark Hotel
#5 of 33 in Inglewood
Westside
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel

Been to Best Western Airport Plaza Inn? Share your experiences!