“Los Angeles” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 32 Hotels in Inglewood
Hoover, Alabama
“Los Angeles”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

Nice place and very close the LAX. Stayed here 4 nights.Shuttle service was great. Breakfast was good and a good selection. Price was very affordable. No problem with the area/location. We were in Room 221 no smoke, no problem.

Room Tip: Ist floor would be a good choice if you a lot of luggage
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
Ellicott City, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

We used this hotel as our base for a girl scout trip to the Los Angeles area. While it wasn't exactly what we had expected (it is a motel, with exterior corridors, in a marginal neighborhood), it turned out to be perfect for us. The rooms were clean, and the beds were comfortable. We appreciated the in-room refrigerators, wireless internet (although the internet connection was slow), and free parking. The breakfast was better than we had expected (make-your-own waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, bananas, apples, cereal, donuts, juice, coffee). It was well located for our activities - most were only 20-30 minutes away. My room backed onto the street, but I overcame the noise by keeping my fan on at night. The front desk staff (particularly manager Billy) was very helpful and made our stay very pleasant.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cynical77
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2010

First you should know that Inglewood is not the best area to stay in. It is however, a very convenient location in relation to LAX.

I was traveling with my 7 year old son. We started our night, July 4th, by checking in with Meena at the BW Airport Plaza. We reserved 2 queen beds, nonsmoking. They gave us room 222. We walked in and could barely breathe through the cigarette smoke. It turns out there is a smoking room right above it. Also, there was a nice chair for the computer desk, but the desk was not there. The wall air conditioner unit had knobs that just spun in circles. We called down to let Meena know that the smoke was not from us (we didn't want to get a charge when we left) and that the desk was missing. She told us to come back down and get a key for a different room. I think it was room 212. It was a King bed instead of the 2 queens, but we were so tired and the room was fresh and cool, so we unpacked and showered. We were just getting ready for bed, pulled back the covers to black bumps on the upper sheet. I rubbed my finger over the spots and they came off on my finger (Yuk!). I pulled back the sheet further and saw what looked like pizza cheese oils. I called Meena and asked for new sheets. We only had about 7 hours until we had to leave to catch our flight at LAX. Instead of giving us sheets, she asked us to come get a new key. This was frustrating as I had to pack up our room, change clothes, and go get a new key. This next room, room 208, was the worst. The air-conditioning unit did not work. Its fan worked, but there was NO COLD AIR at all. We waited about 15 minutes, by which time sweat was running down my son's face. I called Best Western customer service at this time and asked if they would book me at the Best Western Airpark Hotel, which they did. While I was on hold, the representative called Meena and made sure she would credit my gift card back so I could use it elsewhere. The rep. got back on the phone with me and told me that Meena was taking care of it and we should go down to the desk to pick it up. I got down stairs and Meena said it would take days to take care of it. I tried calling customer service again, but they were closed for the night. I asked her to have an employee (I had just seen a man talking with her in BW clothing) come up and see that the A/C was not working. We didn't want to seem like crazy guests. She smirked and said there was no one else there and she couldn't leave the desk. I asked about the man and she said he already left. After sitting in my car trying to get a manager from BW cust. serv. on the phone, I went back in and saw the man again. He (I wish I asked his name) credited our gift card back over the phone and Meena rudely gave me my gift card. After about 10 minutes, we were just pulling up at the other hotel, she called me on my cell phone and said that my gift card was on the floor and we had someone else's, not worth as much. She said I must have grabbed the wrong one. First of all, I didn't "grab" and card. She handed it to me. Secondly, she was obviously not raised to take responsibility for her actions. She had just put me and my son through a lot of chaos for the previous 2 hours, lied to us, gave me the wrong card, and never once apologized.

The Best Western Airpark Hotel, 2.5 miles away, was wonderful. Go there instead. The room was very clean, more spacious, and had the exact bathroom. There was absolutely no smoke smell. It had a better view also. The Airpark Hotel also had a pool; whereas the Airport Plaza only had a non-working hot tub. The Airpark Hotel was the exact same price at the disgusting Airport Plaza Inn.

**Do not stay at the BW Airport Plaza Inn. Stay at the BW Airpark Hotel.**

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank ahartman1112
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2010

stayed here two nights arrival two going back after a tour round vegas,monument valley tombstone,we stayed mainly best western and with 8 stays in 25 days i would say this supplied the best choice of breakfast but had different variety at different places.our room was clean (my sister in law inspects before any of us make a move),front desk helpful and supplied directs for wherever we wished to go.some staff looked a bit dodgy at first but opinion soon changed when becoming fimilar..slepted fine,peaceful at night but we were at the back in the corner room top floor.the area was dodgy but had no problems,many went by saying hi when i sat outside at night even though there were a few homeless about,i called the area the ghetto seeming mainly of blacks but great people...went across the way to panni's (pulp fiction fame) the food great,staff and diners also,i recommend....also in the shopping precinct theres a place called ralphs,we joined and within minutes we got some big discounts on certain products like water etc,saved about $60 all in all.staff were helpful when asked but never bother you when going round..dont miss out on good discounts.its not the place to be for scenery but it was an experience being there and sad for those who had bad experiences but seemed fine to me for a couple of nights stop over,i wouldnt worry about going again.....take care...ps they have cctv.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2010

This is a nice, clean and friendly staff hotel. It really impressed me the cleanliness of the place, the rooms were immaculate, a bit dark, but that is ok for me. The complimentary breakfast is great! One of the most complete breakfasts ever... Boiled and scrambled eggs, cereal, whole and 2% fat milk, several types of breads, Danish, muffins, fruits, coffee. The only downside would be the neighborhood, but this is not the hotel fault. I wouldn't go out for a walk around the place, but if you have a car it is in a very central location and can get anywhere in LA in minutes!

• Stayed June 2009
Antwerp, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2010

We stayed at this hotel for one night after a 10-hour flight from Europe. We picked up our car at the airport and drove there so I can't comment on the free shuttle. We arrived around 2pm and they had our room ready for us. The neighbourhood isn't the best but we never felt unsafe, even when we went shopping at the nearby mall. The room was spacious and clean although a bit dated. The free Internet access (WiFi and wired) worked great, as did the TV and fridge. The water pressure was good, and the air conditioner worked well. The free continental breakfast was better than in most other Best Westerns and included cereals, doughnuts, boiled eggs, Danish, toast, coffee, juice etc... You can even bake your own waffles. Parking is free and inside the hotel, although there is no gate. Check-in en check-out went very well and they gave us what we requested when we made our reservation, a room on the top floor. All in all, a good place to stay near the airport, especially if you don't need to venture out of the hotel too much.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Chennai
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2010

I chose to stay in this hotel overnight as it was very close to the airport. I would not recommend this place coz:
1. This place needs a serious renovation
2. Its noisy
3. Dark & dingy corridors

Choose this if you end up like me, badly needing a place for overnight stay and not finding anything better, Otherwise Don't

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
BEST WESTERN Airpark Hotel
#5 of 32 in Inglewood
Westside
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
LAX Area
Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport

Been to BEST WESTERN Airport Plaza Inn? Share your experiences!