“A Very Pleasant Experience!”

Best Western Airport Plaza Inn
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Inglewood
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“A Very Pleasant Experience!”
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I came to Inglewood, California with a team of people from Minnesota. The hotel staff did excedding, abundantly, above all that our team needed. We were treated with hospitality, kindness, and the staff at the hotel, which is manged by Billy and his wife Kala, were very kind and thoughtful to each and every one of my team members! The hotel accomdations were very clean, and I think affordable for all of us. If I ever come to the L.A. area, I will definitely stay at this hotel. The location is good: they're coffee shops, good places to eat. All in all it was a very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: The hotel beds were very comfortable! I haven't slept at a hotel through the night, like I did t...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alex K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
san francisco, ca
Reviewed 6 November 2011

located right off a busy street w/lots of fast food (KFC, taco bell, panda express) so you hear traffic, trucks, screeching brakes, etc. thin walls + the rooms all open to the outdoors, so you also hear what's going on in the courtyard downstairs (ppl talking, high heels on concrete, rolling suitcases). teeny tiny hot tub (seats 6). free parking, free wifi (it's slow) + free breakfast (mini bagels, croissants, boiled eggs, apples, toast, waffle machine, cereal, coffee). clean room, but slow drain in sink. will not return.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank JVZ
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 22 October 2011

We stayed here a couple of days to be close to LA, Culver city and the airport when returning back home. The exterior image of the Inn lets' you believe that is something appealing and warm. Not quite the charm when you get in. The check-in area is locked at times so you need to ring the bell to have the door opened. Even the printer is 15 years old with holes driven paper. The atmosphere is depressing and the neighbourhood is questionable. You cannot go by foot anywhere, it is advisable to take the car.
Rooms are fairly sized, have a small fridge, table with two chairs and a desk. Cable TV and free internet. Two stories building with an inner court. Not great if you want to rest; being close to the airport there is a lot of traffic. People just roll their bags at any time of the day (including night and very early morning hours) so slim chances to get a good night sleep.
There is no pool, just a 3-4 people hot tub in the inner court, did not see anybody there because it just feels strange.
Breakfast is included, has some nice variety but the breakfast area is very small and narrow. Majority of tables are outside, if it is warm is nice, otherwise not the most pleasant breakfast.
If you need just a place to crush before the next flight then maybe this is the one, otherwise I would try a different location. For me once was enough, ready to discover new stuff, is worth-it to take the chance.

Room Tip: Honestly, no idea which might be better. Upper floor might be quieter.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Rasvan
Sendai, Japan
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I booked this not really knowing how close it was (or was not) to LAX. The fact is that it is a good 10 minutes or more drive away. You drive pass a whole line of hotels that I imagine are no more expensive and in a better neighbourhood.
This hotel is a bit old and dingy. The room was massive (a good thing) and I really didn't have any complaints about the room.
Wifi worked fine.

But...
You are in a dodgy area. I do not recommend walking around at night unless you are feeling pretty confident. There is an interesting authentic diner (Pann's) nearby... but don't go any further than that!

At breakfast there were people who were clearly homeless wandering in and getting breakfast!

Personally, I don't care and it doesn't bother me but if you have young children you might be concerned.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I travel to Los Angeles three days a week, every week. Being rather picky, I kept on changing hotels... Finally, I found my place! I stay at Best Western Airport Plaza every week and I love it! The rooms are always super clean and the manager and staff are wonderful. It's convenient, close to everything, and has a little inn charm. Don't let the location stops you! It's closer to Westchester and to Sepulveda Blvd. than to the heart of Inglewood. Plus, it is very safe here and the hotel team are always watching for everyone's pleasure and security. I forgot! Even breakfast and coffee are great!

Room Tip: I loved each room I stayed in. All rooms are very specious and have everything one may need.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Hoover, Alabama
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Nice place and very close the LAX. Stayed here 4 nights.Shuttle service was great. Breakfast was good and a good selection. Price was very affordable. No problem with the area/location. We were in Room 221 no smoke, no problem.

Room Tip: Ist floor would be a good choice if you a lot of luggage
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Ellicott City, MD
Reviewed 6 July 2011

We used this hotel as our base for a girl scout trip to the Los Angeles area. While it wasn't exactly what we had expected (it is a motel, with exterior corridors, in a marginal neighborhood), it turned out to be perfect for us. The rooms were clean, and the beds were comfortable. We appreciated the in-room refrigerators, wireless internet (although the internet connection was slow), and free parking. The breakfast was better than we had expected (make-your-own waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, bananas, apples, cereal, donuts, juice, coffee). It was well located for our activities - most were only 20-30 minutes away. My room backed onto the street, but I overcame the noise by keeping my fan on at night. The front desk staff (particularly manager Billy) was very helpful and made our stay very pleasant.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cynical77
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inglewood
Best Western Airpark Hotel
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
#84 of 351 in Los Angeles
Westside
Best Western Royal Palace Inn & Suites

Been to Best Western Airport Plaza Inn? Share your experiences!